bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 28th Feb 2017, 13:51   #1
onemaddude
Multimodder

onemaddude has yet to learn the way of the Dremelonemaddude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
System reset back to default

I work in a school and have just returned from half term
I powered up my system (Win10 education)
as after entering my login details, it took about 15 minutes to login and when i finally got there
my desktop was back on the default wallpaper, keyboard was American, firefox had also been reset as if a new install, default programs were all back on ms default not mine
Besides re doing everything back to how I want it is there another way
I have checked the users folder and there is only one enter for me, so it can't be the "There was an error in your profile" type thing

Thanks

Forgot no there hasn't been any work done on it as my duel boot is still working - and as the ICT Tech I would have been informed before the holiday

Last edited by onemaddude; 27th Apr 2017 at 13:04. Reason: SOLVED
onemaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Mar 2017, 14:46   #2
afrasiab
What's a Dremel?

afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.afrasiab is definitely a rep cheat.
I think someone have used your PC and then reset it to default. Because it is impossible that the system can automatically resets to default without any humans intervention.
afrasiab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 13:29   #3
onemaddude
Multimodder

onemaddude has yet to learn the way of the Dremelonemaddude has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I would agree but as my system is duel boot and the default is Linux nobody here would have a clue as how to load windows as you have to select it.
Old 2nd Mar 2017, 15:14   #4
killingit
Minimodder

killingit has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by onemaddude View Post
I would agree but as my system is duel boot and the default is Linux nobody here would have a clue as how to load windows as you have to select it.
Even if that is the case, it is still impossible for Windows to just reset to default. Unless there is a malware that is powerful enough to do such a thing.
killingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 15:09   #5
spolsh
Supermodder

spolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyanspolsh is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Never underestimate the ability of those who wouldn't have a clue to wreak havoc eg. press keys on a keyboard while a machine is starting ... it looks wrong ... set it to default ... it stil looks wrong .. leave it and don't tell anybody.
Old 3rd Mar 2017, 16:47   #6
Chairboy
Smooth sailing, from here on out

Chairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sounds like it's loaded a temporary profile actually.

This can sometimes happen when the PC logs in before contacting the domain properly.

I advise my users to reboot then leave it at the log in screen for 5 minutes or so before trying to log in. It usually fixes it.

If it doesn't then there is a registry key that can be edited to stop the temp profile from loading and force the proper one to load:

https://kb.uwplatt.edu/page.php?id=33215

(I know the link is for Win7 but it's valid for 10 too)
Chairboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 01:56   #7
ddziryan
What's a Dremel?

ddziryan has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrasiab View Post
I think someone have used your PC and then reset it to default. Because it is impossible that the system can automatically resets to default without any humans intervention.

What type of account you used for login?

Last edited by ddziryan; 24th Mar 2017 at 03:16.
ddziryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Mar 2017, 16:35   #8
onemaddude
Multimodder

I know i shouldnt really use the administrator one, but its the only way to get the unfiltered internet (well less filtered allows access to here, downloading thing etc
I have now re done most of it just a few funny pictures lost, i am going to put the bios locks on before the next break so no one will get anywhere then
Old 24th Apr 2017, 11:08   #9
onemaddude
Multimodder

Well the Easter holiday is over and it happened again!
Now I know its IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to have messed, I locked the bios AND it requires a password to boot, so it must be something in windows as it hasn't been used for 2 weeks
Old 25th Apr 2017, 12:37   #10
onemaddude
Multimodder

Another update

One of my users has the EXACT same problem and he needs the lost work by the friday
Old 25th Apr 2017, 15:26   #11
Chairboy
Smooth sailing, from here on out

Chairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming SaiyanChairboy is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Still sound like the temp profile issue buddy - see my earlier post
Chairboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2017, 13:06   #12
onemaddude
Multimodder

After talking to the people who set up the system it has been solved
Turns out Group Policy was set to delete any profile that was inactive for 2 weeks
so being a school and having 2 weeks off at the end of terms was causing the problem it has now been changed to 8 weeks (well the next big one is the summer holiday of 6 weeks)