bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 28th Apr 2017, 17:22   #1
projectfear22
What's a Dremel?

projectfear22 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
URGENT! help me set up email in outlook (program). 2nd time this is happening

So I was supposed to receive an email for my future job. And I didn't. I suspect they have sent it from outlook (program) instead of some internet mail site. And that might be the cause? Is it? (because I'm always checking my hotmail on the internet)

I followed these instructions to try and create the same (internet outlook site) email in the actual program rather than the internet outlook mail.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...step42007_bkmk (clicked on "2010, 2007" then "Set up a supported or an unsupported version of Outlook" then "Which version of Outlook... 2007" Then I read it all)

- Upon starting Outlook 2007 two exact same windows appear saying "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that cannot be verified. The target principal name is incorrect. View Certificate... Do you want to continue using this server? It's Issued to: *.hotmail.com, Issued by: GlobalSign Organization Validation CA - SHA256 - G2

- My stuff is stuck in the outbox

- Aside of that it's totally empty, nothing from my internet hotmail is in it (inbox, junk, deleted, sent, nothing...)

- clicking on my email and "more settings" and "connection" it's set on to connect via LAN (by default) but should it be like that? I'm using some modem and have only this pc

- I clicked "Test account settings" on the only email account I added and this pops up:

"Send test e-mail message: The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or internet service provider (isp). The server responded: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated"

- I have only telnet clien (not telnet server) windows feature enabled, should it stay like that? I enabled it to test port 25 in cmd.exe, it seemed to be working, I'm not sure however as I had no image to compare it to (to see if it indeed is working), Should that stay enabled or?
projectfear22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:52   #2
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Whether they send it from the 'program' or from the web gui it won't make a difference. If it's actually been sent.

You sound like you're trying to setup hotmail on outlook 2007? Can you not just login to hotmail via the web browser to see if you've got the mail you're expecting? If you haven't got it there then setting up mail in Outlook won't make it magically appear.

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 15:19   #3
sparkyboy22
Web Tinkerer

sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sparkyboy22 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectfear22 View Post
The server responded: 550 5.7.3 Requested action aborted; user not authenticated
Sounds like incorrect password or you are using old setup instructions.

Have you tried this:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/down....aspx?id=24677

sparkyboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 15:48   #4
julianmartin
resident cyborg.

julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.julianmartin is definitely a rep cheat.
Perhaps you need to enable outgoing email authentication.

Xeon X5660||Asus P6X58D-E||12GB XMS3||240GB SSD||GTX770||Define R3||X58 forever
julianmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2017, 16:20   #5
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi View Post
Whether they send it from the 'program' or from the web gui it won't make a difference. If it's actually been sent.

You sound like you're trying to setup hotmail on outlook 2007? Can you not just login to hotmail via the web browser to see if you've got the mail you're expecting? If you haven't got it there then setting up mail in Outlook won't make it magically appear.
/this

Log in to your eMail account and check for your mails in spam-filters aswell. If it's not in there then you can't make it magically appear by using Outlook. It simply hasn't arrived on your end.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
email, mail, microsoft, outlook, urgent

View Mode