bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 13th May 2017, 21:06   #341
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sorry, added an important edit.

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 21:33   #342
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks again - after further reading, it looks like the first spool or two will be used to make structural braces for the frame.

I did laugh, reading some of the negative comments on Amazon about the frame flexing etc.. and it never occurred to them that they had the tool in front of them to fix the problems they were moaning about.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|980 Ti|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 21:40   #343
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Thanks again - after further reading, it looks like the first spool or two will be used to make structural braces for the frame.

I did laugh, reading some of the negative comments on Amazon about the frame flexing etc.. and it never occurred to them that they had the tool in front of them to fix the problems they were moaning about.
That's one of the reasons I was set on getting an aluminium frame: I didn't want any problems in my prints due to a flexible or brittle frame. That and I was really concerned about cracking acrylic due to overtightening fasteners (I can be a bit heavy-handed).

After doing much more reading however, it turns out that as long as it's well designed then the fact that it's an acrylic frame is not really a problem. And, as you mention, you can always print parts to fix specific issues . When you're putting together a kit, more printer parts are usually the first thing that people make (aside from test pieces) .

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Old Yesterday, 16:46   #344
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Just got a shipping confirmation for my printer and I noticed the full description states:

Free gifts: Filaments+Hotbed +SD card +Tools

Aw, yes! I knew I was getting some filament with it, and I expected there might be some cheapo tools in the box, but the SD card is a bonus and hotbed suggests it's a heated print bed afterall!

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|980 Ti|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 18:36   #345
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Just got a shipping confirmation for my printer and I noticed the full description states:

Free gifts: Filaments+Hotbed +SD card +Tools

Aw, yes! I knew I was getting some filament with it, and I expected there might be some cheapo tools in the box, but the SD card is a bonus and hotbed suggests it's a heated print bed afterall!
Sweet!

Tho frankly I'd leave the SD card well alone and use one of my own... One I that know isn't potentially loaded with malware!

View Mode