bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 9th Jul 2009, 14:29   #161
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've not really read much about T3s, what are they like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2009, 14:39   #162
Malketh
Multimodder

Malketh has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
In short? Wonderful. The modular make it up is way more awesome than at first glance. For example right now I've got her setup for active shield tanking, mwd, heavy missiles launching at 75km. In about 5 days I'll be able to swap an offensive subsystem in, fit a covert ops cloak, and lose 1 missile launcher. If I need to bring a jammer for some fleet fun, but no blackbird is available, I just swap in a different subsystem and get crazy bonuses to ecm range and effectiveness.

While they may be expensive as hell right now (I spent 1.5bil on mine so far) the insane flexibility and bonuses to whatever you want to do at any give moment makes it worth it.
Malketh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2009, 14:55   #163
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gonna have to look into these, they sound pretty awesome

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.

Last edited by Veles; 9th Jul 2009 at 15:04.
Old 9th Jul 2009, 20:13   #164
Rapp
Multimodder

Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
What do you guys do to make isk??

most of the time I run lvl 4 missions as the isk to time/effort ratio seems very good, on average it is something between 2mill to 6mill (depending on the mission) per 20 mins, plus loot, salvage, LP etc. (thats only when there are rats to kill as the income will drop when i have to go back and pick up the loot)

But I thought that I would try my hand at trading, so I found some modules that were about 6.5 mill each and managed to sell them 7.3 mill each netting around 5.1 mill profit not too bad for 15 mins work.

But it just seems like a lot more work and effort having to watch what the markets are doing in multiple places, i'm sure if you up scaled everything it would become a lot more attractive as you would be move efficient, but there seems to be far too much competition to make any real difference to your wallet.

Last edited by Rapp; 9th Jul 2009 at 20:34.
Rapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2009, 22:26   #165
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I usually run missions for isk. Before I quit (I'm getting back into it now), I had 3 accounts, 1 always in empire to get isk/haul stuff I needed, and the other two in 0.0 or lowsec for pvp.

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2009, 22:34   #166
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.
yo guys i am installing eve now (fo real, i am at home now) what do i do?
kingred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2009, 22:42   #167
Xen0phobiak
SMEGHEADS!

Xen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the DremelXen0phobiak has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Tell us your character name once you've created one.

And do the tutorial missions.

World of Tanks profile
Xen0phobiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Jul 2009, 11:16   #168
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.kingred is definitely a rep cheat.
Labia McGee

Yeah i did the tutorials, it swallowed 5 hours yesturday night and i didnt realise. Good game imo can't wait to experiment with electronic warfare
Old 10th Jul 2009, 12:03   #169
Veles
DUR HUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapp View Post
i'm sure if you up scaled everything it would become a lot more attractive
Definitely, it requires a lot of work and skill but it's probably the best way to make money in eve, I think the only comparable way is a well oiled production corp.

There are several ways to help with trading, sites such as eve central have prices for the entire universe on there.

Quote:
Old 21st Jul 2009, 15:14   #170
SirFur
PC Gamer and LAzy B0nes

SirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the DremelSirFur has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Hey guys,

wow didn't realise this thread had livened up since i first made that post ages ago to kinda refresh it =P

Anyways guys - nice to see so many new peeps being drawn into EVE - i did get back into it after I got back from Egypt and i'm doing quite well these days. =]

If any of the newbies need help feel free to contact me on SirFur in-game. I'm also looking to recruit members so if your interested and looking for a corp within an alliance - that feel free to mail or convo me if I'm online. This includes existing players =]

Btw veles - hi - long time no talk hey bud ? :P

btw labia - your in game name doesn't seem to come up on the system
|Aerocool xPredator Evil Black|MSI GD53|Intel i5 2500k @ 3.30ghz|Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced|2x 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4|Crucial M4 64GB|Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 1600|POV TGT Charged 2.5GB GTX 570|Antec TruePower 650|LG IPS231P|Sidewinder X6|CM Storm Sentinel Advanced|Logitech Z-5500|
SirFur on Steam!

Last edited by SirFur; 21st Jul 2009 at 15:17. Reason: Addition
SirFur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2009, 16:28   #172
OnyxLilninja
Multimodder

OnyxLilninja has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Been playing since 2005, just cant stay away. I like the fact when I do lose interest for a bit I can come back and am able to fly a new toy.

Some advice for new players

1) Join a player corp and start pvp'ing as soon as possible

2) Learning skills are good, but you dont need to train them. train what you want, you dont need to min/max everything, just have fun

3) Always set yourself goals, eve wont lead you by the hand, if you get lost as what to do, think of a goal you want to acheive and focus on it.

Old 30th Jul 2009, 20:07   #173
Rapp
Multimodder

Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Rapp is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I decided to create an in game channel called "bit-tech" to see how many of us there are playing and often would be good to try and get a group together and go hunting in low sec
Old 30th Jul 2009, 20:26   #174
Veles
DUR HUR

The time code on my main has just run out (2 days away from gal cruiser 5 damn it ).

Not going to resub just yet though, gonna wait till my friend decides to start up when he goes to uni (not quite sure why he wants to start while at uni instead of now). We're probably gonna start off with high sec operations and then I want to join an alliance and get some PvP on the go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnyxLilninja View Post
2) Learning skills are good, but you dont need to train them. train what you want, you dont need to min/max everything, just have fun
I would say that's true in the first few weeks if you're a newbie, but learning skills are essential if you see yourself playing for any significant amount of time.

Quote:
Old 31st Jul 2009, 00:39   #175
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
As I said in an earlier post... Your best bet when you first start is to train all of the learning skills to 5. You should have just enough 100% training bonus to get all of them trained to 5 before the training bonus runs out. For the record it's WELL worth the time and iskies to train up Cybernetics to 1 and plug in a set of +3 implants. You don't want to be killed with the implants in though, so while you're training in the early stages, stay out of low-sec or 0.0.

Within a few weeks you can easily add 8 points to each of your attributes which will pretty much double your total stats and training speed.
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
--If I helped you, please give me rep!
JaredC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2009, 14:43   #176
yakyb
i hate the person above me

yakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysisyakyb can run Crysis
Though t i would give a brief update as to where i was at.

i have spent the last couple of months running my two accounts doing mining in High sec
btoh are capable of flying retrievers and one is about a month away from flying a hulk and another few weeks on top of that to fit it reasonably

anyway i have lately been getting a little bored so took a week off mining training to get into a stabber to run a few missions which actually turned out to be more profitable and more fun. although i must say i'm still a little overwhelmed by the number of different items and different types of weapons.

anyway i now plan on respeccing my chars into a small fleet that wil rat together in 0.3ish

i think i will also start a new trial account and train it up ready to join my current accounts in a few weeks time i'm actually quite excited to see a three Rifters flying together causing carnage!!!

i do love the openness of the game but have learnt that nothing happens to you if you dont seek it out yourself. which is why i perhaps i become tired of mining in the most empty system i could find

anyway im looking forward to this new endeavour. any advice would be greatly appreciated
yakyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Aug 2009, 17:57   #177
Veles
DUR HUR

I wouldn't recommend trying to rat in low sec with multiple accounts at one time, mining is fine but in combat it can get a bit too hectic to keep track of all your ships and one moment of concentrating on one too much can end up with a lost ship. Especially when you factor in the chance of PvP. It's best to find a couple of trustworthy allies or go it alone in a slightly bigger ship when you have the skills to fit it properly.

Mission running is also a great way of making money, very similar to ratting, I have my main fly in, kill all the bad guys and complete the objective then have another ship fly in afterwards in a hauler fit with tractor beams and salvagers while my main flies back to the station. The difference between low sec ratting and missions is you can find missions in high sec space so you don't have to worry about PvP.

Quote:
Old 5th Aug 2009, 21:17   #178
SinxarKnights
Multimodder

SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.SinxarKnights is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Hmm. Sombody necro'ed....

Anyway, I play EVE now. Been around for about 5 months now and already about bored to death.

Not sure why EVERYONE feels the need to gank everyone else in this game. So far every corp I have joined either just try to scam you or there will be 50 people online and nobody will say a word and just sit in station for 20 hours a day spinning ships.

Can't really pvp in a t1 frig vs blobs of HACs all over the place.

I guess if you fly around for hours on end you might find someone to kill solo. But that brings me back to my first statement of EVERYONE ganking everyone else.

EVE is quickly losing its charm for me. No friends (all my 'friends' turned out to be scammers). Nothing but scammers.

The only thing I like about this game other than the the actual system used (its a great system with the skills and combat, mining sim, graphics etc) is that you can buy gametime with ISK, and I have been for the past 4 months. Def dont take long to get enough for that running LvL 4 missions... But they are the same missions over and over and over and over and over and over.

I'm nearly ready for my first t2 frig (support skills can be a real pain) but whats the point? As soon as I would fly it out in lowsec im sure i would be ganked in seconds.

Its a potentially great online game that I seem to be forced to play solo = not fun.

Last edited by SinxarKnights; 5th Aug 2009 at 21:34.
SinxarKnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2009, 11:27   #179
PQuiff
Supermodder

PQuiff has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I think the old addage in eve of "if you cant afford to loose it, dont fly it" holds very tru, specially as you get into lower security systems.

Jump clones are your friend here. I keep my best ships in a high sec lvl 4 mission system. here i can make a good few millions to cover any pvp losses. My corp does our 0.0 stuff in the CVA alliance which is a good jumping off point for PvP, the if not red do not shoot policy is great to allow you to traverse there space with minimal gank chance. so when not missioning i can jump into a clone in 0.0 and have my implants safe.

to get a clone u will need to get a 8.0 standing with a npc corp that has clone bays.
PQuiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Aug 2009, 14:06   #180
kingred
Surfacing sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinxarKnights View Post
Hmm. Sombody necro'ed....

Anyway, I play EVE now. Been around for about 5 months now and already about bored to death.

Not sure why EVERYONE feels the need to gank everyone else in this game. So far every corp I have joined either just try to scam you or there will be 50 people online and nobody will say a word and just sit in station for 20 hours a day spinning ships.

Can't really pvp in a t1 frig vs blobs of HACs all over the place.

I guess if you fly around for hours on end you might find someone to kill solo. But that brings me back to my first statement of EVERYONE ganking everyone else.

EVE is quickly losing its charm for me. No friends (all my 'friends' turned out to be scammers). Nothing but scammers.

The only thing I like about this game other than the the actual system used (its a great system with the skills and combat, mining sim, graphics etc) is that you can buy gametime with ISK, and I have been for the past 4 months. Def dont take long to get enough for that running LvL 4 missions... But they are the same missions over and over and over and over and over and over.

I'm nearly ready for my first t2 frig (support skills can be a real pain) but whats the point? As soon as I would fly it out in lowsec im sure i would be ganked in seconds.

Its a potentially great online game that I seem to be forced to play solo = not fun.
You are joining the wrong corps. Also scamming a scammer is more fun

Tags
customers are cash cows, eve, internet spaceships, macrotransactions, pc, pc gaming, serious business, wormholes