bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:05   #121
RTT
#parp

RTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming SaiyanRTT is a Super Spamming Saiyan

test servers! woo. no, they're not rackmount because they're 4 feet to my left and i'd like to be able to use my ears after a day sitting next to them
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:08   #122
Firehed
Why not? I own a domain to match.

Firehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the DremelFirehed has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Holy lord, you must do a lot of testing. What does your actual production setup look like?
MacPro @ 8x2.8GHz, 10GB FBDDR2, 3TB HD :: MBP @ 2x2.2GHz, 4GB DDR2, 320GB HD
Firehed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:08   #123
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
So, is that 'Bit-Tech' or is that 'Trusted-Reviews' or something else all together?
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:26   #124
Tim S
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.Tim S is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
Lovely choice, mate. The ThinkPad T60s are another superb model.
ThinkPads rock - once you've converted, you'll never go for another type of laptop again (if you can help it!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCherub View Post
Question for Tim

I am looking at getting a 30" screen, and was wondering what you use to drive it, in particular if there are any GPUs that won't get beaten into the floor if I try gaming on it.

cheers
There's basically nothing that won't be bought to its knees by Crysis at the moment... but dual 8800 GTX is enough to play World in Conflict at 2560x1600 4xAA with everything turned on. If you don't mind gaming at 1920x1200 on the screen, you could probably get away with a single 8800 GTX/Ultra. The problem I see with the 30" monitors is that you need a hell of a lot of power to drive them - last year's games are no sweat for a single GTX at this resolution, but anything that's been released this year will probably struggle if you want to play with all of the eye candy on.

I'm running a single GTX on a 1680x1050 screen and I'm really glad I didn't get anything bigger for gaming - I'd get by on a single GTX, but it'd be wearing thin on performance quite soon after the new year IMO.
Tim S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:26   #125
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Click for bigs.

At work, taken on my phone while I waited for Photoshop to do what I damn well tell it to do. It's especially worth noting the way that TR tech guy, Ed, keeps sneaking his graphic card boxes over the boundary and on to my desk. Soon there shall be a reckoning.

My home PC. I've had the chair for years and broken the base of it many, many times. You can't see my game collection behind the couch unfortunately, though it's diminished anyway. When I moved to take this job I had to limit myself to my most played and favourite games - about fifty or so originally, though it's grown again since then obviously. I also keep my tools behind there, my homebrew kit and my DS, Tapwave Zodiac and the like. Directly behind me in this picture is the pathetic array of consoles.

I was Bit-tech's Games Editor. Now I'm freelance. Find me at:

www.joemartinwords.com

@joethreepwood on Twitter

Last edited by CardJoe; 29th Oct 2007 at 16:40.
CardJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:28   #126
samkiller42
For i AM Cheesecake!!

samkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyansamkiller42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Will they actually be able to cut the mustard?
Some games i play struggle on a GTX, so im not sure, but then, i don't own a GT so i couldn't say for sure.

Sam

The Rig: Core i5 4670, GTX980, 16GB DDR3, 256GB M550 SSD, 500GB BX100 SSD Corsair 250D, Dell u2412m
The Server: Gen8 Microserver, Xeon E3-1220v2, 12GB DDR3, 4TB, 3TB, 2TB storage
samkiller42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 16:39   #127
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Oh! I see a Leadtek 8800 GT there Joe!

And some more tasty Viewsonic Moniters!
Old 29th Oct 2007, 17:02   #128
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist

CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.CardJoe is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz. View Post
Oh! I see a Leadtek 8800 GT there Joe!

And some more tasty Viewsonic Moniters!
Aye, and my famous chav hat slung on the side of the monitor while, behind me, the evil pinanta gazes at me furiously with its horrible, laser-capable eyes. Brr.

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 29th Oct 2007, 17:05   #129
Mankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardJoe View Post
Aye, and my famous chav hat slung on the side of the monitor.

BURN IT. NOW!
Old 29th Oct 2007, 17:28   #130
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist

Quote:
BURN IT. NOW!
No way, I got that at Leeds Festival years ago!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 29th Oct 2007, 17:36   #131
DarkLord7854
I Mod, Therefore I Own

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Quote:
Will they actually be able to cut the mustard?

http://vr-zone.com/articles/Nvidia_G...ew/5369-1.html

Quite capable
Old 29th Oct 2007, 18:06   #132
Mankz

Quote:
No way, I got that at Leeds Festival years ago!
Leeds? EVEN MORE REASON TO BURN IT!
Old 29th Oct 2007, 18:19   #133
Mankz

My 'work station' after a clean up

(sorry about the angle..)

On the desk:

Staitek Eclipse 1 Blue
Random Logitech Cordless Mouse
Creative T7900 (only using 3 speakers + Sub)
Card Reader
Sony In-ear headphones
Viewsonic VX922
Old 29th Oct 2007, 18:52   #134
fev
Industry Fallout

fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!fev - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
any jobs going at bit for a disgruntled business student who his current employer isn't doing what they're meant to?
Old 29th Oct 2007, 18:57   #135
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist

Quote:
Leeds? EVEN MORE REASON TO BURN IT!

www.joemartinwords.com

Old 29th Oct 2007, 19:01   #136
Mankz

**Pulls on this years READING T-Shirt and starts jumping around to celebrate his victory over Joe **
Old 29th Oct 2007, 19:18   #137
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
temp ban him

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 19:21   #138
dfhaii
internets

dfhaii has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougEdey View Post
temp ban him
temp?
[21:36] <TekMonkey> my pants fell down while i was running to turn off the oven and i tripped
dfhaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 19:24   #139
DougEdey
I pwn all your storage

DougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the DremelDougEdey has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfhaii View Post
temp?
I was playing nice

DougEdey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Oct 2007, 19:25   #140
CardJoe
Freelance Journalist

Quote:
**Pulls on this years READING T-Shirt and starts jumping around to celebrate his victory over Joe **
I've been to Reading too and it isn't a spot on Leeds even though the line-up is the same. Leeds is an entirely different and distinctly more adult experience with plenty of riots and violence.

....DEATH TO THE PORTALOOS!

www.joemartinwords.com

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, kilroy woz 'ere, many much monitorsesen!, my desk is bigger, photo, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, show off

View Mode