bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 19th May 2017, 17:09   #5521
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
There's an annoying noise coming from somewhere FML.
You married, too?
Old 19th May 2017, 17:11   #5522
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
What's that noise?

I took the bike out today for a 15km ride around town. I really like it and I'm not missing the ability to shift up/down at all I must say. Didn't expect this single gear of 42/16 to work out that well tbh, but it's pretty much perfect for me. I won't be able to paddle downhill and speed up things, but on the flat and uphill it works like a charm with that gear-ratio.
The short wheelbase and the steep angled headtube makes this a very responsive bike and maybe too nervous for some people, but I absolutely love it.

I ordered some bigger BMX/MTB pedals that offer a bit more grip, as those are rather small and slippery. I don't want to install clips or cleats tho, so this seems the way to go.
I also orderd some threaded road-tires as those slicks won't be much fun in the rain.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2017, 16:12   #5523
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
The usual freaking clicking noise which makes no sense and comes from apparently nowhere and goes away for whatever reason only to come back later. With my last bike I once got it sorted by changing the seat clamp.

It might also just be inside my head... I suppose that would be the most logical source, anyway.
Old 20th May 2017, 17:45   #5524
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
As my bike is brandnew I ride it everyday for a lap around town to stress it a little bit and to see if everything is OK. make sure the spokes don't get loose or break, listen to the bottom-bracket if it's not making any clicking noises, etc.

Fortunately there's a few less parts on my singlespeed to look after and worry about

Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
Old 20th May 2017, 18:27   #5525
fix-the-spade
Mod Master

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
The usual freaking clicking noise which makes no sense and comes from apparently nowhere and goes away for whatever reason only to come back later. With my last bike I once got it sorted by changing the seat clamp.

Take everything apart, clean every part, apply fresh grease to every part, reassemble with torque wrench, sacrifice virgin to the Machine God.

Take bike outside, get five pedal turns, #CLICK#.

Abandon all hope, go to bike shop to buy some more.
Old 20th May 2017, 19:55   #5526
legoman
breaker of things

legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.legoman is definitely a rep cheat.
Fail post, removed
Old 21st May 2017, 08:52   #5527
rak500
Multimodder

rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.rak500 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fix-the-spade View Post
Take everything apart, clean every part, apply fresh grease to every part, reassemble with torque wrench, sacrifice virgin to the Machine God.

Take bike outside, get five pedal turns, #CLICK#.

Abandon all hope, go to bike shop to buy some more.
This'll always be like that, I've had four different bikes, with different drivetrains, geared, fixed, single speed, with different manufacturers too (Shimano, Sram), and the only thing that works, and then doesn't is dismantle/grease/rRebuildWithTorqueWrench, and go mad as the clicks comes back e-ve-ry-time!
rak500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2017, 16:36   #5528
Jipa

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
Removed, cleaned and greased just about everything seat post-related, but meh. Just **** it.
Old 24th May 2017, 17:42   #5529
Jipa

It just makes no sense whatsoever. After some thrashing it's as quiet as a bike with a chain guide and a freakishly noisy freewheel can be, but suddenly out of nowhere CLICK CLICK CLICK ****ING CLICK
Old 24th May 2017, 18:44   #5530
jrs77
theorycrafting

Are you sure it's not the bottom-bracket? My bike is brand new and my bottom-bracket makes clicky sounds when I'm pedalling downhill and can't pedal fast enough. Uphill, when I really step into it it's not making any noise at all tho ^^

Old 24th May 2017, 18:49   #5531
Jipa

I also had the chain off and tried to make the noise with only the bracket and the crankset, but to no avail.

Tags
advice, bicycles, bikes, education, extreme!!!!, fitness, gnar, leisure, love thy stinky, lycra fetishists unite!, mtb, mud, real men wear lyrca, roady, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, shavedmanlegs, zip-a-dee doo-dah, zip-a-dee-a

View Mode