bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 1st Jul 2008, 12:08   #21
spazmochad
Supermodder

spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I miss my projector the colour reproduction my DLP projector was fantastic.
spazmochad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2008, 12:41   #22
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Damn, still can't get this working - this is how my filters look:

Old 1st Jul 2008, 16:43   #23
spazmochad
Supermodder

spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.spazmochad is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is that top gear file your playing back an AVI in XVID/DIVX? I wasn't aware of those formats being decoded by the graphics card, I thought it was just H.264/VC-1/MPEG2.
spazmochad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2008, 16:52   #24
djDEATH
Habari gani?

djDEATH has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post

hiya...

ok, this is how i got it working eventually.

Go to add/remove programs, and uninstall your codec packs. K-lite, CCCP whatever. Make sure you remove them all. If you have Zoomplayer installed, run the install centre, and check what additional components are in there. You may have to manually remove these using add/remove programs rather than trust that they're removed as part of the codec pack. look for ffdshow, dscaler mpeg decoder, stuff like that.

you can test to see if you have removed them by trying to play a video file, if you have no codecs, it won't play, even in WMP.

then install the latest CCCP pack, from here...

http://www.cccp-project.net/beta/Com...2008-06-28.exe

that one has the MPC HC edition as part of it instead of the normal mplayerc classic.

then follow bubsterboo's rather excellent advice above, step by step and voila. You'll find in Zoomplayer your MKV file will use loads of CPU time, and in MPC with the right filters enabled like the instructions, it'll flutter between 0 and 2% (merely the overhead of runnign the program itself).

Having been around and around trying to sort it all out, i can confirm that despite several failed attempts before, this method does work.
Old 1st Jul 2008, 20:48   #25
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:

It's not working for you because you're using VRM9 as a renderer, video acceleration will only work with EVR. Go options - output settings, and change it to EVR, then restart MPC.

Are you running XP or Vista? EVR comes with vista, but is not supplied with XP. I believe there's a patch to install it if you're running xp.

Edit: Read up on the patch for EVR on Xp. All you need to do is install .net 3.0, then EVR should work in MPC.

Last edited by bubsterboo; 1st Jul 2008 at 20:55.
bubsterboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Jul 2008, 23:40   #26
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Managed to sort this now, despite some weird messing about and funny issues with only being able to do 16fps through the hardware rendering stuff.

Thanks busterboo! Nice to be able to watch 1080 stuff without badly-synched audio (about half a second per half hour before, so it wasn't actually that bad...)
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 03:06   #27
Lemmingzappa
Supermodder

Lemmingzappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I didnt manage to read the whole thread, but does this mean because i'm using a Geforce 8800GTX XXX I cant actually watch any blu-ray or 1080p videos ?
Lemmingzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 04:22   #28
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bubsterboo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmingzappa View Post
I didnt manage to read the whole thread, but does this mean because i'm using a Geforce 8800GTX XXX I cant actually watch any blu-ray or 1080p videos ?
Your 8800GTX has a G80 chip. It was made without purevideo2. Therefor the G80s don't support any video acceleration other then MPEG2. You can watch blu-ray's or 1080p videos, but your graphics card won't help you. This means the entire video decoding process is done on your CPU. Usually this means, worse case scenario (40mbit H.264) you would probably need a 2.4-3ghz core 2 duo or better to handle it smoothly (depending on what software decoder you're using ofcource.)
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 05:20   #29
Lemmingzappa
Supermodder

Lemmingzappa has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Well ive got a dual core setup running at 3ghz, so which software would you reccomend me ?
I'm also running 4GB of ram if that helps.
Lemmingzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 05:52   #30
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemmingzappa View Post
Well ive got a dual core setup running at 3ghz, so which software would you reccomend me ?
I'm also running 4GB of ram if that helps.
I would recommend that you use the same MPC build mentioned in this thread, and install the latest FFDShow tryouts. And then in MPC settings, go to external filters, add ffdshow video and set it to prefer.

FFDshow will then handle almost everything for you, including H264. FFDShow is known to provide the best picture quality, but be the most resource intensive. With a 3ghz dual core setup you shouldn't have an issue with that. (what cpu exactly? a 3ghz pentium D for example can't handle this.) If your CPU does struggle, keep FFDShow installed because it will be usefull for xvid and all sorts of other codecs, and also install CoreAVC, then set that to prefered in your external filter settings instead of FFDShow.
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 18:55   #31
teamtd11
*Custom User Title*

teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.teamtd11 is definitely a rep cheat.
Im guessing my x1900xt wont help me with 1080p, though it dose say Video Acceleration of: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264 ?
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 19:00   #32
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamtd11 View Post
Im guessing my x1900xt wont help me with 1080p, though it dose say Video Acceleration of: MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, WMV9, VC-1, and H.264 ?
I was under the impression that the earliest ATI cards that supported this was the 2xxx series. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?
You could give it a try anyways.
Old 2nd Jul 2008, 22:30   #33
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I thought I'd add this tutorial that I ran across a few months back. It's always worked for me. Using the tools below, properly configured, I can even play 720p movies on my eeePC (oc'd to 1170mhz, 2GB ram) without a hitch.

Here is a quick guide to get everyone pointed in the right direction.

===============================================
First Install these Filters and Players:
# The best player for low recources and great playback: Media Player Classic

x264 encoded with .mkv or .mp4 container:
# For just CoreAVC 1.2 Pro (decodes x264 and includes haali media splitter)
# DirectVobSub (VSFilter) , subtitles: Link
# And for those .mp4 /.mkv files use Haali Media Splitter: Link
- When playing .mkv /.mp4 files you should see the following icon in your taskbar:
# AAC audio playback, lots of choices like FFDShow, Nero, CoreAAC
# For everything else audio, and just audio in general, you can't go wrong with AC3Filter

To play .ts /.mpeg (Transport Stream and MPEG 2 Respectively)

Tutorial

# 2. You can also use PowerDVD 7. Just make sure that if you install PowerDVD 7 that you disable the h.264 support it has, and continue to use CoreAVC, for h.264.
To disabe PowerDVD's "useless" h.264/AVC codec go to Start->Run and put:

Code:
regsvr32 /u "[folder]\VideoFilter\CL264dec.ax"
Where [folder] is the PowerDVD folder for example:
Code:
regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\VideoFilter\CL264dec.ax"
# Note: if you Run Windows Vista you will be unable to unregister this without turning off the UAC (User Account Control). So log in as the administrator and then just click "Start -> Control Panel -> User accounts". Then click on the link Activate or deactivate UAC.

For Playing HD-DVD / Blu-Ray Stuff - You will have to use PowerDVD 7.3 .... more info on this soon.

For Playing .XviD - use [http://www.koepi.info/]Koepi's Latest Experimental Build[/url] and play it in Media Player Classic (MPC)

For Playing .x264 - which is most of the High Definition content
# 1. Install CoreAVC.
# 2. Make sure FFDShow's H.264 decoding is disable by doing the following:
- Play a .x264 video in MPC
Right click and go to filters. If you see FFDshow there like the following image, then click it:

And then you need to go to its video decoder settings, click the Codecs entry in the list to the left, find the H.264 entry in the grid, and change it from "libavcodec" to "disabled". like the following image:

# 3. Reopen the .x264 file and now when you go to filters it should like something like this

# 4. CoreAVC will now get used instead of FFDShow for H.264 decoding.

Follow those instructions for installing the CoreAVC codec (for h.264) I use Media Player Classic 6.4.9.0 to play the files.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to play Apple's Quicktime Trailers in High Definition with CoreAVC
-This allows nearly anyone no matter how good/bad your hardware is to playback 1080p trailers at normal speeds.

# 1. Unistall Apple Quicktime.
# 2. Install Quicktime Alternative
# 3. Go to the Apple Trailers website
# 4. Choose a HD (High Definition) trailer of your choice, I chose Spider-Man 3
# 5. Left Click on the Resolution you wish to download, choose whatever you want.

# 6.Then choose Download and Play with Media Player Classic

# 7. The important part in the next step is to check the box that says "Rename to .hdmov" and then once the file is done downloading, open the file with media player classic, and under filters CoreAVC should be there..

(Note: any h.264 file that has the file extension of apples .mov can be renamed .hdmov and opened with MPC to use CoreAVC, Quicktime Alternative just makes it easier)

P.S.

# You can try setting CoreAVC as the prefered codec, to do this

Go to Options -> External Filters -> Add Filter -> CoreAVC Video Decoder - then click prefer -> Apply -> OK

Should work after that you can also add your other codecs, like the ones I have listed. I suggest you keep it in a similiar order, with at least coreavc at the top

===============================================
enjoy!
Langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 00:07   #34
bubsterboo
Hypermodder

That tutorial is nice, but it's got nothing to do with hardware acceleration.
And i don't really see a point in installing the xvid decoder when FFDShow handles that equally well. Also Cyberlinks Mpeg2 video decoder is better then the nvidia one in that tutorial and automatically handles deinterlacing.

Also, I don't agree that the powerdvd H264 decoder is useless. It's not bad at all, it's a little more efficient then ffdshow, and supports hardware acceleration. I think this tutorial might be a little... outdated.

Last edited by bubsterboo; 3rd Jul 2008 at 00:47.
bubsterboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2008, 03:55   #35
Langer
Jesse Lang

Langer has yet to learn the way of the DremelLanger has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You're quite right, I just found it to work quite well on low-powered machines, iirc it's from Nov 2007.

I'd still suggest CoreAVC! an amazing decoder, and according to the latest newsletter it will soon support GPU acceleration.
Langer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2008, 18:48   #36
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterboo View Post
I was under the impression that the earliest ATI cards that supported this was the 2xxx series. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this?
You could give it a try anyways.
Yes that's true - the HD series is built for "HD" but the 2900 doesn't feature the UVD engine because "it has enough shader power". Im actually following this thread tweaking my own MPC-HC/ffdshow now with an X1950XT.

If you have PowerDVD installed you can select ffdshow to use the PDVD video renderer too (I just noticed).

I also disagree that PDVDs h264 decoder is useless too - we've used it here in testing IGPs and it's worked fine.

If you have the processing power, playing with the post processing works wonders in ffdshow too.
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 15:37   #37
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Bindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming SaiyanBindibadgi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Fiddling again today as I'm reviewing a low powered AMD quad core under HTPC conditions - tried out MPC-HC with PowerDVD 8 installed on a 780G board, using PDVDs h.264 codec on a 1080p MKV with DTS and it works phenomenally. 8% CPU usage on a 2.5GHz 45W dual core.

Right click and instead of MPC-HC it reads PDVD8, and has the same DX overlay option.
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 15:41   #38
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Wow, that's seriously impressive. What graphics card is that? I'm assuming it's hardware accelerated.
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 15:44   #39
p3ri0d
Multimodder

p3ri0d has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Yeah, i wanna know also
p3ri0d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2008, 15:46   #40
Bindibadgi
Am I out of touch?

Quote:
Wow, that's seriously impressive. What graphics card is that? I'm assuming it's hardware accelerated.
It's one of these boards - Gigabyte AMD 780G IGP!. I had some issues just this morning but the latest F5 BIOS and 7.8 Catalysts work great.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/200...hics_chipset/3

The whole system uses 70W playing back the 1080p mkv that's include hard drive, PCI sound card, BDROM, 4850e CPU, 2GB memory and mobo.

Tags
windows