bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 2nd Nov 2008, 16:23   #21
identikit
Ultramodder

identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.identikit is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiled_elephant View Post
Does anyone know what university policy usually is re: airsoft? They strictly forbid air weapons and replica weapons on campus (and I live on campus), but since it's a sport and the guns basically constitute sporting gear, do you imagine they'd make an exception? Because I know of a site about 1hr from me that I'd love to go to, but my gear is all hours away on the east coast, at home, where I was forced to leave it.

I'm in lancaster, btw. I don't know if there's a ground closer to me, I haven't heard about one.
Yeah echoing crazyg1zm0, get a decent case, and lock it shut and secure it so it can't be removed from your room.

Thanks everyone for suggesting those stores
Lemonade Magazine | Folding @ Home | CPC & Bit-tech folding stats (team #35947)
identikit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 15:19   #22
Whalemeister
is so hot right now!

Whalemeister has yet to learn the way of the DremelWhalemeister has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
+1 for zerooneairsoft - One of the best retailers I've found!

My typical Loadout for Ground Zero;

Maruzen Type 96 with so many mods (150SP spring, teflon cylinder, Piston, Piston Head, Spring guide, tightbore 6.03 barrel, PDI hop unit) putting out +/- 500fps, deadly accurate at 50m and still very accurate at 80m firing 0.43s.
TM MP5-K with M100 Spring - about 330 fps - 230 round high caps - Used for when people get close (30m min engagement rule for the sniper rifle above).
KSC Glock 23F with Green Gas - For when all else fails - FPS with gas to variable to mention.
Dynatec BFG - Just for the cheeky 12 gauge blanks!!! - Although they are kinda banned / frowned upon.
Handmade Ghille suite, 3 colour jute hand tied on the Web-tex concealment vest - Took weeks and weeks to make!!

I've not really been playing much Airsoft this year though...

Last edited by Whalemeister; 3rd Nov 2008 at 15:39. Reason: Add +1
Whalemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 17:22   #23
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
You play at GZ Whalemeister?
I've not been there in a year myself mostly because the average mentality of players there is about 2 years old and the bravo team tend to have the "I r am bestest" attitude going on sadly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Nov 2008, 17:52   #24
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Does anyone know what university policy usually is re: airsoft? They strictly forbid air weapons and replica weapons on campus (and I live on campus), but since it's a sport and the guns basically constitute sporting gear, do you imagine they'd make an exception? Because I know of a site about 1hr from me that I'd love to go to, but my gear is all hours away on the east coast, at home, where I was forced to leave it.

I'm in lancaster, btw. I don't know if there's a ground closer to me, I haven't heard about one.
I'd talk to someone before moving guns in. When a friend was in Stafford uni, on campus, they took exception to the fact that they'd (He and pretty much the rest of the floor) started storing airsoft weapons on uni grounds without asking (This was before VCR) - I would make absolutely certain that it's okay before doing it - They're likely to have either you remove the items, or get the police involved otherwise, and given the way the law works, they would have them destroyed, and you would probably not get any compensation for it (It has happened before, not on uni grounds, but a guys own house - Nosey neighbour called the police after he left a curtain open when he was testing one of his guns or something, she called the ol' Bill, they knocked the door in, had all airsoft weapons destroyed and, AFAIK, didn't even pay for the door repairs. This was before the VCR bill, too).

The problem I think you'll have is that the policy is strictly forbidding replica weapons - Which is (as near as makes no difference) what airsoft guns are classed as now. Unless they have a provision in the rules that allows you to keep them if they are secured, but I'd find it unlikely that they'd let you make modifications to the room sufficient to bolt a cabinet to a floor or wall to store the airsoft guns in.
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2008, 16:30   #25
Whalemeister
is so hot right now!

Whalemeister has yet to learn the way of the DremelWhalemeister has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
You play at GZ Whalemeister?
I've not been there in a year myself mostly because the average mentality of players there is about 2 years old and the bravo team tend to have the "I r am bestest" attitude going on sadly.
Yeah I've not really been there much this year, it's been going slowly downhill since Mike stopped running the show a few years back. Still it's one of the only places that 'understands' you can't snipe with 330 fps.

I've even been thinking about selling all my gear...
Whalemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2008, 16:49   #26
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalemeister View Post
I've even been thinking about selling all my gear...
I have to admit that I have been thinking the same thing. Maybe I'll keep going for a couple of years...
Mr Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Nov 2008, 18:38   #27
AFX
"Bling" Silver Mountain 2

AFX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have a UTG m14. no gear
Old 7th Nov 2008, 12:59   #28
Kynoch
Drunk and loving it!

Kynoch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I currently have R.I.F. wise:
ICS MP5A4 S.W.A.T.
ICS M4A1 R.I.S.
ICS CXP
BE Mossberg M500 gas powered with real steel wood furniture fitted
TM Sig P226 GBB with original plastic furniture
TM Sig P226 GBB with Guarder metal frame and slide
KSC Steyr SPP GBB
Dynatec Blank Firing Grenade

Gear:
Full woodland DPM combats and also DPM PLCE set
Mk.6 Kevlar helmet and DPM cover
Authentic Danish M84 combats set
U.S. WW2 M42 Airborne uniform
U.S. WW2 M1 steel helmet
WAS Recon 901 chest rig in OD with a mutitude of pouches
Viper L.A. assault vest in OD
Webtex crossdraw assault vest in Black
Blackhawk Serpa thigh platform and holster for the P226

I primarily play at The Ex-site in Wales, but I am also a member of First & Only Airsoft so occasionally frequent their sites as well.
I have just started to get into WW2 themes Airsoft after a game I attended in August, but have a long way to go before completing my kit for that.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 13:02   #29
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynoch View Post
I currently have R.I.F. wise:
ICS MP5A4 S.W.A.T.
ICS M4A1 R.I.S.
ICS CXP
How's the ICS kit working out for you?

I've only ever used their parts, and have been forever tempted to at least try one of their complete mechboxes, but have never found a decent review that's been more than a 'had for ten minutes' style review (Or opinion, for that matter).
Old 7th Nov 2008, 14:14   #30
boiled_elephant
Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I've got an ICS mp5 A5, no aftermarket upgrades or owt except zeroone putting an M100 spring in it, and a full-metal KJW p226, the mag of which is currently broken, as per the KJ Works standard.

Speaking of, if anyone has any KJ p226 mags that they want to sell, I'm your man. I can't be bothered ordering new ones from Z1, it's too expensive.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Nov 2008, 15:53   #31
Kynoch
Drunk and loving it!

Kynoch has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
How's the ICS kit working out for you?

I've only ever used their parts, and have been forever tempted to at least try one of their complete mechboxes, but have never found a decent review that's been more than a 'had for ten minutes' style review (Or opinion, for that matter).
I love their kit, I am especially a fan of their split gearboxes as they are so easy to work on for upgrading etc.
My M4A1 of theirs is over 3 years old now, with countless rounds through it and it has been upgraded to an M100 spring from new plus it has always been ran with a 9.6v battery and she still runs as good as new. The only thing I have changed in the gearbox from the stock box is the bevel gear. When I upgraded to a MOSFET I wanted a four position anti reversal bevel gear instead of ICS' two position one, this helps to reduce the amount of gear movement between shots on semi.

I am considering getting their latest release which is the L85A2 as that has some good reviews too. Although I think I might hold off until I have completed by WW2 loadout, plus I have just submitted by F.A.C. application so I might be spending money on real rifles soon.
Old 7th Nov 2008, 15:57   #32
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kynoch View Post
I love their kit, I am especially a fan of their split gearboxes as they are so easy to work on for upgrading etc.
My M4A1 of theirs is over 3 years old now, with countless rounds through it and it has been upgraded to an M100 spring from new plus it has always been ran with a 9.6v battery and she still runs as good as new. The only thing I have changed in the gearbox from the stock box is the bevel gear. When I upgraded to a MOSFET I wanted a four position anti reversal bevel gear instead of ICS' two position one, this helps to reduce the amount of gear movement between shots on semi.

I am considering getting their latest release which is the L85A2 as that has some good reviews too. Although I think I might hold off until I have completed by WW2 loadout, plus I have just submitted by F.A.C. application so I might be spending money on real rifles soon.
Their split mech boxes really appeal to me - Especially for the M4 series.

I think, then, I'll have to give one a whirl on the next M4 build..

Good luck with the FAC!
Old 4th Dec 2008, 12:29   #33
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Anyone likely to be down at Combat South this weekend? Speaking of which, did anyone from here go last week?
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 15:16   #34
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thread revival!

Got my first airsoft game this Sunday, playing at Ultimate Airsoft near Thornbury, can't wait, going with 3 friends who I've been telling about it for ages and we've finally got round to playing

40 each for walk on fee and kit hire (a Classic Army M15A2, 2 hi-cap mags, face mask, vest for mags and 3000 rounds) isn't bad I think. Apparently the 3000 rounds will likely last the day if you're not too trigger happy.

If I enjoy it I can see myself becoming a member and getting my own AEG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 15:39   #35
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
have fun matey, have been told some very good things about that site, And yes 3000 should easily last the day just shoot in small bursts cause you would be surprised how fast it goes if you just pray and spray, also dont be affraid to have fun .

most sites use the first game of the day as a quick and fast game with one team attacking with unlimited lives and the defenders have a finite ammount so when you find yourself attacking in a game like this dont be affraid to get shot, cause your always nervous before your first death a respawn after that i find it gets much more fun.
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 15:42   #36
boiled_elephant
Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
You're spoiling yourself, using a Classic Army rifle - once you buy your own, an ICS or a TM, it'll feel like one hell of a downgrade. Classic Army are the Rolls Royce of AEGs and are priced accordingly

That said, you're guaranteed to have a good time with that kit. Enjoy
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 16:23   #37
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I prefer my G&P to amy classic army AEG i find the quality much better but it guess it is a matter of preference. but as boiled ele pointed out if you do like the CA M15 you use try to save up enough to get one because the AEG's priced below the classic army ones are not as good in my mind.
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2009, 16:34   #38
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
You're spoiling yourself, using a Classic Army rifle - once you buy your own, an ICS or a TM, it'll feel like one hell of a downgrade. Classic Army are the Rolls Royce of AEGs and are priced accordingly

That said, you're guaranteed to have a good time with that kit. Enjoy
I have a CA M15 is a lovely bit of kit. With a change of the hop-up rubber (which isn't the best) and the old bic mod and a tighbore barrel it perfoms very nicely. Though once you start modding you won't stop, I got as far as a crane stock and red-dot sight, but have plans for a ris system at some point. The G&P rifles I have seen have all looked very nice, actually ICS are pretty good aswell.

-I normally use between 2000-3000 bbs in a days play, so you should be fine. One of the best things about airsoft is that it doesn't cost the world to buy some more.
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 10:47   #39
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

How on earth do you manage to use 2-3k bb's a day?

Even when I'm assault rifiling (It's only semi, though) I barely chew through 1000 a day, and when I'm sniping the most I get through is 80.

As for CA, I've had no end of trouble with CA guns. All my friends went with them some years back, and the bodies either took abnormal damage (cocking handle fell off one, outer barrel fell off another), or the internals were made of cheese. Every single one of them stripped teeth on either gears or the piston, some did both. Most notably, the mp5, after it stripped the teeth off the piston (Bearing in mind, they were all stock, no upgrades) had a systema reinforced piston put it, and it stripped the teeth of the bevel gear instead.

ICS, the M4's at least, are rather good. Especially with the breakaway gearbox, so you can change FPS without having to strip the gearbox. However, the few that I've seen have been more inclined to jam/stop without reason than standard gearboxes.

When it comes to AEG's, personally, I'd suggest building it yourself - Especially if you're going for an armalite style - Just because you get to know the gun, and it becomes a hell of a lot easier to diagnose problems and fix them faster, then when you get home, make sure it doesn't happen again

Mr Mario's right, once you own your own gun and you start modding it, you won't stop. I started off with a metal body on my 733 some years ago, and now I have options of a folding stock, a standard, or some G&P thing, two metal bodies (G&P Zombie Killer or Barrett M468), two front ends (G&P Knights Armament RIS, KA CASV), multiple silencers, scopes etc.

Slings are my pet hate for airsoft. I've yet to find one that works for me. Ahwell.
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 16:30   #40
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
How on earth do you manage to use 2-3k bb's a day?
Probaly a bit to much spraying, a 9.6v battery (which when tested came up as 10.4v) probaly doesn't help much either.

As for slings I use a 3point one I found at my local surplus store, I'm not even sure I am using it properly, but it works fine anyway

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode