bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 3rd Sep 2009, 16:36   #41
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Guns:
Systema M4A1 PTW
TM M14
A&K MK43
CAW M203 RIS

Gear:
Flyye CIRAS Maritime in Coyote Brown w/various pouches
MICH Kevlar Helmet
ESS Profile Turbo Goggles
DESPAT BDUs

No longer own:
Echo 1 M4A1 RIS
Echo 1 SCAR
WE Tactical 1911

Last edited by UrbanMarine; 3rd Sep 2009 at 16:43.
UrbanMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 16:42   #42
UrbanMarine
Government Prostitute

UrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the DremelUrbanMarine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
double post please delete
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 17:30   #43
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
I've only got two guns at the moment with a third on the way:

Marui MP5 K PDW

Upgraded spring (does around 300fps), RIS handgrip, extended barrel (same length as a regular MP5), prosthetic silencer, flashlight

Marui MP5 A5

Does 280fps - barely used. I got it when the hop unit on the PDW decided to eat itself - cost me the sum of £70 with 3 spare mags and a dropleg.

Maruzen P99

Technically not mine yet - ordered it in a week ago, and was advised it should be ready for me to pickup next week at somepoint.

The plan I've got at the moment is to use the PDW as a mid range sniper / urban gun - it's compact with the folding stock, and once fitted with a tightbore barrel and scope, range should be improved on it's already good range. Keep the P99 as a backup and the A5 a general woodland mix. Although it might get a M100 in it at some point, and then be converted to an A4 for a larger battery capacity
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 17:49   #44
Spaceraver
Ultralurker

Spaceraver has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Just got myself a new toy..
CA Aug A2 with Systema and Guarder parts and Phantom Kit on at purchase. I just added A Red Dragon RD26C Red-dot sight.

Just played a skirmish the day after I aquired it. And had it chronoed to 410 fps. I'll add some pictures another day. Needs a bit of paint.
Old 3rd Sep 2009, 18:04   #45
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Mario View Post
Probaly a bit to much spraying, a 9.6v battery (which when tested came up as 10.4v) probaly doesn't help much either.

As for slings I use a 3point one I found at my local surplus store, I'm not even sure I am using it properly, but it works fine anyway
Haha, I've got a 3-point on the M82, because it's so damned heavy, but I can only stomach a single point on the assault rifle, because I like being able to detach it from my body without lifting stuff over my head.. Sadly, they don't make single pointers for people of my build

I don't sling my 338, because it'd interfere with the ghillie too much. Can't be having that!

I'm thinking about replacing my pistols with a pair of MP7's (stock), because I don't have a single automatic gun..
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2009, 14:48   #46
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Had an awesome day, although I'm covered in insect bites. The guns weren't amazing but that's to be expected from rental guns. A lot harder than paintball but that's mainly because most people their own kit and had been playing for a while whereas with paintball, when I last went only 1 had his own marker and pretty much everyone had only been a couple of times if at all.

Gonna go grab some cheap DPM for next time as my jeans were really giving me away. Having my glasses might help too as I had a hard time spotting people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2009, 15:04   #47
boiled_elephant
Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Those of you who mod, like liratheal, where do you buy your custom parts and upgrade kits and such? Z1 are pretty beginner in this respect, and I don't know of any dedicated airsoft shops in my area.
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2009, 16:53   #48
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiled_elephant View Post
Those of you who mod, like liratheal, where do you buy your custom parts and upgrade kits and such? Z1 are pretty beginner in this respect, and I don't know of any dedicated airsoft shops in my area.
I do pretty much everything through Fire-Support.

Frank and Nick, typically the two guys on the phones, are brilliant guys who know their stuff. Even if they don't carry something, if they deal with the manufacturer at all, they'll get it for you on their next order.

If it's a harder to get kit (M82, for example) they're willing to try and get it for you. They do ask for deposits if it's an expensive item that they're going to find hard to sell otherwise, but that's reasonable enough IMO.

By far my favourite airsoft store. Tops service, the guys know their stuff, and fairly cheap on most fronts. I've easily put 2-3k through 'em and their sister store Tactical-Kit, and would recommend 'em both to anyone. IIRC a guy called Ian runs that one, and he's a wonderful guy. Bought all my Hatch stuff through him, and tend to hit them up first for clothing/kit. Also an excellent, friendly, and cheap service.
Old 7th Sep 2009, 17:00   #49
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Second vote for Fire-support,

I live fairly locally so i usually go in and order as i can have a chat too, they know so much about airsofting and are always happy to help, and carry a huge stock of parts and if they dont have it will order it in just as liratheal said
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2009, 17:04   #50
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyg1zm0 View Post
Second vote for Fire-support,

I live fairly locally so i usually go in and order as i can have a chat too, they know so much about airsofting and are always happy to help, and carry a huge stock of parts and if they dont have it will order it in just as liratheal said
I'm almost glad I don't live locally to 'em, because I'd end up living in there >.>
Old 7th Sep 2009, 18:58   #51
ry@n
Ultramodder

ry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysis
Anyone want to help a noob?

Basically I want something for some target shooting, not really airsoft battles as such. At the moment im using this:

A rare classic 1980's Masudaya Thunderbolt 6mm (rather than the usual 7mm of the time), its good fun and pretty powerful for plinking beer cans etc but it offers no hop up adjustment and generally isn't that accurate. Plus its a classic that I should retire as I would hate to break it.

Anyway, Im after some sort of sniper type rifle for target shooting with a budget of about £100 really. I would love an air rifle (the lead pellet shooting kind) but they are quite a bit more expensive and can't be bought online and delivered AFAIK. I also don't have a UKARA license so its going to need to be "two-toned", big ask I know but any suggestions guys?

- Dual Loop i7 Stacker Left Handed? CLICK HERE -
ry@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2009, 00:09   #52
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gonna be tricky for £100, for that little you'll be looking at importing something from Hong Kong.

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 8th Sep 2009, 09:55   #53
ry@n
Ultramodder

ry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysisry@n can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
Gonna be tricky for £100, for that little you'll be looking at importing something from Hong Kong.
I've looked at Gunners which are really cheap but add £10 to paint it yellow, about £35 for delivery, and then import taxes etc. Any suggestions?

- Dual Loop i7 Stacker Left Handed? CLICK HERE -
ry@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2009, 20:01   #54
Veles
DUR HUR

If you're looking for a target rifle, my friend is looking at getting a Jing Gong BAR-10. Not sure exactly which package, I'll ask him when he comes round later, but he's been reading quite a lot about sniper rifles and apparently that one is really good.

I've just found the UK Tactical website and I can now see myself spending far too much money in a Warrior chest rig

I'm looking at getting a G36K, what's it like fitting those mags into pouches designed for SA80/M4s? I've heard they're a bit bigger so don't really fit.

Quote:

Last edited by Veles; 9th Sep 2009 at 20:06.
Old 10th Sep 2009, 00:23   #55
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The warrior RICAS plate carrier chest rigs are simply superb, both myself and my mate have one and cant fault them at all, If you can get the fully loaded one do it as you will hav plenty of pouches and stuffs to suit your needs, the only thing i will say is if your a stick insect build wise, both me and my mate are fairly thin, they dont fit that well.

The G36 mags do fit but the pouch on the warrior vests will only take 1 mag for a g36 but can take 2 M4 mags.
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2009, 08:39   #56
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I've found that G36 mags really only fit at a push into double mag pouches. For ease I prefer triples on PLCE.
The alternative is to do what I ended up going for and getting a G36 > M4 magwell adaptor.

As for Gunner he is pretty cheap but his service is also pretty shocking. Keith at RSOV.com is much better but charges a lot more in postage.
What you have to remember is if customs catch your item you will be looking to pay a flat handling fee usually of £25 + Tax + VAT. I've found that taking the item price + 25% + £25 is the safest way of budgeting for that.

Actionhobbys and Airsoft Scotland(Airsoft World now) sell two-tones at reasonable prices if you don't have UKARA and their prices often work out little more expensive than importing, as well as that it's easier to return under warranty if it breaks rather than shipping back to HK.
I don't like Two-tones as I feel they cheapen the sport but that's a discussion for another time.

As for parts imports from WGC, Redwolf etc are usually pretty good as they have most stuff. With Z1 don't forget that you can phone them and they will be able to get most stuff for you even if it's not listed.
You've also got Wolf Armouries (expensive and a bit crap in all honesty), JDAirsoft, and a couple of other larger ones who's names elude me.

For camo and gear you cant beat flecktarn.co.uk on choice. Sometimes a bit expensive but they have a few of the more interesting camos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2009, 11:10   #57
Veles
DUR HUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
I've found that G36 mags really only fit at a push into double mag pouches. For ease I prefer triples on PLCE.
These dudes?

EDIT: Ah should really pay attention, says it can hold 2 G36 or SIG 552 mags in one of those in the description. Initially I think I'm going to forego a chest rig and just snap together 2 hi-caps until I can afford one, most games I barely used half a mag.

How often to packages from RSOV and the like get caught up in customs? I hear it can take a while to clear.

Quote:

Last edited by Veles; 10th Sep 2009 at 13:30.
Old 10th Sep 2009, 13:27   #58
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
Actionhobbys and Airsoft Scotland(Airsoft World now) sell two-tones at reasonable prices if you don't have UKARA and their prices often work out little more expensive than importing, as well as that it's easier to return under warranty if it breaks rather than shipping back to HK.
I don't like Two-tones as I feel they cheapen the sport but that's a discussion for another time.
Are they quite common these days, I'm not even sure if I have airsofted since VCRB, maybe once last year. Should be going to Gunman sat/sun.
Mr Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Sep 2009, 14:40   #59
Veles
DUR HUR

I noticed quite a few of the younger players had two tone guns, not sure if that's just a parental decision or not.

Quote:
Old 10th Sep 2009, 15:17   #60
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
I noticed quite a few of the younger players had two tone guns, not sure if that's just a parental decision or not.
Most likely just UKARA related.

I've only seen two two-toners, everyone at my "local" site are going for a "get UKARA then stop renting" method, even though most UKARA complainces are just foregrip and stock.. And even then, it's wank paint, so it quite easily falls off.

Side note: Just finished zeroing my 338 (finally got a convertor for the 11mm rail to 20mm), hitting 50p at 50 feet. Good enough for me!

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode