bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 16th Nov 2009, 16:22   #81
boiled_elephant
Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The mp5 is nice, but accuracy over range isn't quite what I imagine you get with an M4/16 - although I only used mine with the 'ironsight' reticule that comes on it, I suppose a dot sight would improve things a lot. The rate of fire is what sells them for me (at least with the ICS models).
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2009, 17:33   #82
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I used a Tokyo Marui MP5A5 as pretty much my sole AEG for a long time. It was a very versatile AEG: light and compact, with a good rate of fire. The only down side was having to use mini batteries, due to the sliding stock - this is not a problem on solid stock variants though. As above, accuracy does tend to fall off over long distances. This was never a problem for me - Dragon Valley (my old haunt) does have some quite open ground, but a lot of it is relatively close quarters (although not quite CQB or FIBUA sort of "close quarters").

That MP5 and my WA Infinity GBB got through a hell of a lot of games. I kinda wish I'd kept my airsoft gear, especially the Infinity - such a well-weighted and well-balanced GBB...

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2009, 19:48   #83
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
That's the idea, an MP5 for use at smaller sites like dragon valley or just when I want something light I can throw around easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Nov 2009, 20:00   #84
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Woot - found the photos I took when I sold my stuff!

Yes, that thigh rig did get on my bloody nerves.

Gone but not forgotten *sniff*

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:08   #85
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
that custom 1911 SV looks awesome, i dont really like them though. i find the normal 1911 grip profile too thin to be comfy and the controls are sard to reach compared to some other examples. mind you it is a 100 year old design...

still look good though.

Ipsa scientia potestas est

Last edited by Christof_II; 23rd Nov 2009 at 23:09. Reason: wanted to write more
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:18   #86
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I personly love 1911's tried on out not so long ago when i went softing down past cambridge and a place called gunman airsoft i really liked the pistol was much less bulky that my own beretta and i likd it, that and the mag came out of my beretta during the first game so have had to file down the HUGE mage release catch.
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:26   #87
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
yeah i have that "huge mag release" issue on my Five-seveN, that and le lack if a left handed slide release for dual wielding are my only complaints of that pistols.

the reason you like the 1911 grip, crazyg1zm0, is cos of your girly hands ^_^

Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:26   #88
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I am determined to make a replica of Solid Snakes "Operator" pistol, much like Jarhead on Airsoft Canada - Except with matching names and makes etc.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c1...r/IMG_1568.jpg

That's his job - It's good, but not perfect

Other than that, I've never really been fond of the 1911's - Like Cristof I find them too thin - I have issues with the USP, and that thing is pretty fat in comparison.
liratheal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:30   #89
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I think chris would love to own a replica of solid snakes pistol also. Tho i do like the USP Five-seveN personly i am contemplating on getting one as it hase so good weight in it and it feels comforting to hold.

Also chris i dont have girly hands
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:31   #90
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

i have a USP.45 as well and i see what you mean with that grip, thats what you get for having a double stacked .45ACP though rther than the single stacked in the 1911

Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:37   #91
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Airsoft 1911s don't have to be ugly.

check out some of these but remember they are all ~12 years old

http://dentrinity.com/ClarenceLai/cl.htm
Old 23rd Nov 2009, 23:38   #92
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Yeah (I love seeing the real ones with .45 hollowpoints loaded.. So pretty).

I'd suck it up and deal with it for the sake of using Snakes gun, though

A friend wants an XM8 - I'd have to do his in Rat. Pat. 01 style >.> Probably Akiba's.

Edit: Yeah, but using one of Clarence's pieces of art - Let's face it, they're too pretty to just be guns - in a skirmish would be sacrilidge!

Same with Candyman's work - He does some terrifying things with aluminium and cherry wood. Too beautiful to ever be used, though.
Old 24th Nov 2009, 00:14   #93
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

you i have seen Candyman, his stuff is amazing!!!

Old 24th Nov 2009, 00:30   #94
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof_II View Post
you i have seen Candyman, his stuff is amazing!!!
His DSR-1 blew me away. So did his WA200.

He is very good with his hands.
Old 24th Nov 2009, 00:48   #95
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

I do want his DSR-1 and his WA200 both are sexy as hell but as you pointed out they are just too good to use in a skirmish
Old 24th Nov 2009, 00:54   #96
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

god damn it i wish a had enough money/lived near a skirmish site. I haven't been in far too long, its very sad

Old 24th Nov 2009, 01:01   #97
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

when your in stammy we are close enuff to urban assult or the new free fire zone
Old 24th Nov 2009, 01:14   #98
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

I know that feeling Christof - I live close to a site, but the uni won't let me store my guns here, even in a locked box, and when I go home this christmas, my local site is shut down for pretty much the exact period I'm home :/ Literally, last weekend is the weekend before I can come home, and the first game back is the weekend after I get back. I don't even get Monday off, so I can't travel there on friday and come back monday
Old 24th Nov 2009, 04:00   #99
boiled_elephant
Whitelist Bit-Tech in your adblock!

boiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyanboiled_elephant is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
That's the idea, an MP5 for use at smaller sites like dragon valley or just when I want something light I can throw around easily.
Alternately, dual wield two MP5ks. It has multiple advantages: people laugh at you so hard they forget to move out of the way, and then when you open fire, they vanish behind a wall of BBs. As soon as I have the money, it's what I'm doing. Or maybe dual gas-powered Mac 10s for a facemelting rate of fire...

With this much suppression, who needs accuracy?
boiled_elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2009, 08:26   #100
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Face melting is right - My Mac10 emptied 50 rounds in ~3 seconds. On green, it even had a little kickback.

I miss that wee beasty.

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode