bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 25th Nov 2009, 21:49   #141
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Brooxy, honestly I don't think I've found glasses that don't fog down there.
I have some of these: http://www.airsoftworld.net/fogtechr...es-5-pack.html and they help to an extent but I've always found it difficult, mesh is too dark for the bunker and eliminates too much light and my yellow glasses just fog for fun.

I've recently swapped to Bolle Tracker and Bolle Viper glasses and they come pre-treated I believe. They didn't fog on the Halloween game but it was their first outing.

The problem down there is that its a constant 10C or something so the head difference between your face and goggles is bound to make something steam up somewhere along the line sadly.
It also wreaks havoc with the hop-up as they shrink slightly in the cold. It also the missus' MP5 from feeding properly which is REALLY weird.

My other usual haunt is Ground Zero in Bournemouth but it's a fair trek.
I will try and do a trip to CSW (Combat South Woodland) in Wickham some time next year as well as "The Mall" in Reading, which is a big dis-used shopping centre

Guess I should post the photo of me as bill and the OH as Zoey?

Thatguy119

Glad you like the look of it. Personally I've not played in that area of the country so can't suggest any good sites.
http://www.airsoftmap.co.uk/ Show "Elite" and "Amazon ATV"

For the most part Rental guns seem to be OK however you do have to pay to use their gear sadly. Average is about 25-30 on top of your regular green fee and depending on where you go you may get a selection of guns to choose from.

Urbanmarine

That looks awesome, closest I can think of locally is the http://www.nationalairsoftevent.com/NAE2009/Main.html or the Tora Bora series that UCAP run every so often.

liratheal

That underground bunker is UCAP (at least I assume its the same one you mean)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 21:55   #142
Mr Mario
Supermodder

Mr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the DremelMr Mario has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Loving the m249 biosniper, be sure to tell us how it fairs when you use it.

- Also am I the only person who really wants an airsoft Intervention after playing mw2 recently?
Mr Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 22:19   #143
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Indeed it is UCAP!

I've heard it can be a good laugh, and am desperate to try it out. Same with The Mall (I AM going to one of their games, and there is no stopping me. Preferably one of their zombie games.) and Ground Zero.

Eugh, being a poor student is buggering my ability to play!
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 22:43   #144
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioSniper View Post
Brooxy, honestly I don't think I've found glasses that don't fog down there.
I have some of these: http://www.airsoftworld.net/fogtechr...es-5-pack.html and they help to an extent but I've always found it difficult, mesh is too dark for the bunker and eliminates too much light and my yellow glasses just fog for fun.

I've recently swapped to Bolle Tracker and Bolle Viper glasses and they come pre-treated I believe. They didn't fog on the Halloween game but it was their first outing.

My other usual haunt is Ground Zero in Bournemouth but it's a fair trek.
I will try and do a trip to CSW (Combat South Woodland) in Wickham some time next year as well as "The Mall" in Reading, which is a big dis-used shopping centre
Thanks for the advice on glasses. Incidentally if you're thinking of going to CSW, drop me a PM - that's my regular site so I can show you around. Think I'll next be going down early January though, as I'm on call next month, and crimbo shopping needs to be done...

Edit: I present a naff quality picture of my gear...

Top: Customised - TM MP5K PDW w/ RIS handgrip, torch and 1J spring)
Middle: Stock TM MP5A5
Bottom: Socom Gear 1911 MEU

Incidently, I've picked up a G&P red dot since the picture, which sits on top of the PDW.

Last edited by Brooxy; 25th Nov 2009 at 23:02.
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2009, 23:46   #145
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy119 View Post
2. Just something I was wondering about - How much does it actually hurt getting shot?
As liratheal said it does vary depending how how powerful the gun is, how far away you're shot from, where exactly you're shot, etc.

You can feel shots, but they're not that painful, I'd say paintballing is generally more painful. However, sniper shots can be pretty nasty, both times I've gone someone has been bleeding where a sniper hit them on the cheek bone. The game day before the one I last went to someone got shot in the tooth and it got knocked out.

Main lesson here is to wear some sort of face protection, either a full face mask, balaclava, head scarf or something along those lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fod View Post
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Veles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 00:01   #146
Brooxy
Like a boss (but not a boss)

Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.Brooxy is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veles View Post
As liratheal said it does vary depending how how powerful the gun is, how far away you're shot from, where exactly you're shot, etc.

You can feel shots, but they're not that painful, I'd say paintballing is generally more painful. However, sniper shots can be pretty nasty, both times I've gone someone has been bleeding where a sniper hit them on the cheek bone. The game day before the one I last went to someone got shot in the tooth and it got knocked out.

Main lesson here is to wear some sort of face protection, either a full face mask, balaclava, head scarf or something along those lines.
I took my girlfriend to UCAP when I went a week or so ago...this is how she described the pain down the pub:

"Paintball is more like someone has punched you in the arm. Airsoft feels like someone has prodded you with a sharp needle"

Not too bad a description methinks
Brooxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 00:17   #147
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooxy View Post
I took my girlfriend to UCAP when I went a week or so ago...this is how she described the pain down the pub:

"Paintball is more like someone has punched you in the arm. Airsoft feels like someone has prodded you with a sharp needle"

Not too bad a description methinks
I'd agree with that more now than I would have pre 2007.

More often than not I would leave a pre2007 game bleeding from several places on the face >.>
Old 26th Nov 2009, 01:14   #148
PureSilver
E-tailer Tailor

PureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitPureSilver is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
IMHO, paintball hurts much worse - at any reasonable distance there's far more energy in a paintball round because of their much higher weight; the fact that they are frangible softens the blow a lot (which BBs aren't and don't) but you can't escape physics - heavier round, similar speeds = much greater energy transferred to your skin = greater pain. The reason people suffer gruesome injuries to their teeth and the like in airsoft is because they're not required to wear the same protection paintballers are - no-one's coming in here telling anecdotes about paintballers getting their teeth knocked out because everyone knows what would happen if you were stupid enough to paintball without a full-face mask. For reference, see the impacts of BB guns to unprotected skin, and paintballs to unprotected skin.

tl;dr: Airsoft should hurt less, but in practice they hurt similar amounts, mostly because airsofters wear much less in the way of protection than paintballers.
PureSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 13:01   #149
Veles
DUR HUR

Veles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the DremelVeles has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Plus when a paintball bounces rather than smooshes it hurts like a ************, and that was through knee pads (not hard shell ones though).

Quote:
spam gangsters might as well tap into all those machines for their zombie networks.
Old 26th Nov 2009, 13:05   #150
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
knee pads are made of win, i dont know what i would do without them...

Ipsa scientia potestas est
Christof_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 14:34   #151
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Aye, I love my Hatch Centurion elbow/knee pad set. They make taking dives and slides a lot easier, and a lot less likely to result in blood.
Old 26th Nov 2009, 16:04   #152
crazyg1zm0
Mod Master

crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.crazyg1zm0 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
/agree with the knee pads being Win. I got a pair quickly after moving to manchester as the closest site is urban and they have saved my knees so many times judging by how scratched and boned they are after only a year or so
Intel i7 2600k | Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced | ASUS P8P67 pro | Patriot 1600 6GB | XFX 6870 Twin fan | corsair 650W | OCZ Vertex II 30gb | Samsung SP 1TB, Samsung 1.5TB, Samsung 500GB | Lian Li V-1000 | 2x23" screens
crazyg1zm0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2009, 21:11   #153
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingfun View Post
I envy you guys. Not many in Denmark want to play neither paintball nor hardball.
That does not stop some danes from making a BB version of "ol painless" though:

Meet the CAW Vulcan M 134 A
Specs:
Length: 89 cm (2,91 ft)
Weight: 16,8 Kg
Cadence: 3000 shots pr minute (50 pr sec)
Mag capacity: 1700 shots (33 sec of firing)
Impact Energy: 1,2-1,5 Joules
Price: 4640,95

They also make a smaller more handy version:

CAW Vulcan M 134 A Shorty
Specs for shorty:
Length: 66 cm (2,16 ft)
Weight: 16 Kg
Otherwise same as above.
Price: 4335,11

On the site they claim that some teams have packed up and left when the shop's team packed these out.
They recommend this to be fixed somewhere on the map. That way, it is more safe for the opposing team

Linky Site is only in danish.
I think I just did a little sex wee.

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Nov 2009, 19:13   #154
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Christof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run CrysisChristof_II can run Crysis
oh dear, this tread seems to have stumbled and fallen over, let's see if i can't prop it back up again...

...no probs not, anyways, i was wondering what happened to other guy(cant remember his name) off the Redwolfairsoft youtube channel, him and shinji seem to have been replaced...

Old 29th Nov 2009, 20:09   #155
alecamused
Supermodder

alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.
just stumbled across some images of my former equipment.
i kind of miss airsofting but all the fun people i enjoyed playing with quit and the "next generation" just wasn't as entertaining.

i never photographed the gun i had the most fun with(was a pretty stock p90) but still here are some of the nicer images of my old stuff

http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~asg/as_pics/DSCN3704.JPG
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~asg/as_pics/_DSCN3905.jpg
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~asg/as_pics/blubb.jpg
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~asg/as_pics/mk1c.jpg
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~asg/as_pics/s10.jpg
http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at/~asg/as_p...lsoncsgcqb.jpg
Old 30th Nov 2009, 23:48   #156
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecamused View Post
That Ruger Mk.I is mad, where did all that extra stuff come from...

Old 1st Dec 2009, 11:34   #157
Veles
DUR HUR

Got myself a Warrior RICAS compact, the DA5.56 package (comes with 5 open mag pouches, 2 small utility pouches, an admin panel and a pistol mag pouch) with 2 smoke grenade pouches and a union flag patch for the admin panel. Was looking at getting something cheap from china but the postage prices are ridiculous so it wasn't much more to get this one.

Here's how I've currently got it set up:

The open mag pouches are a tight squeeze for my AUG mags but they just about fit, I only have two mags currently so most of the mag pouches are a bit redundant.

I was going to have it symmetrical with a smoke pouch attached to the far left and far right open mag pouches but I found the smoke pouch on my right side interfered with the butt of my AUG. Probably gonna only use one utility pouch for now, don't really have much to put in the other.

Anyone have any idea what the green wire thing is for?

Quote:
Old 1st Dec 2009, 11:48   #158
Christof_II
SNAAAAAAAKE!!!

i like to keep the right shoulder open so that i can hold the rifle wthough out it getting caught on anything...

here is my RICAS (not compact, not the best angle i'll try upload a better later). its in a fairly similay layout though, if i were you i would move all the mag pouches towardt the left side so that they were easier to reach althoug that may not be a issue since they are open top pouches, the ones on mine are not...

if by "green wire thing" you mean the green plastic coated steel wire that runs thought the inside of the vest, it is a emerency breakdown system that allows medics to remove the armor quickly to get at any wounds underneath...

Last edited by Christof_II; 1st Dec 2009 at 11:52. Reason: typo correction
Old 1st Dec 2009, 15:14   #159
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

How's the G36 working out for you?

I want to use one as the base for a mod, but for love nor money can I find anyone at my local sites who uses one..
Old 1st Dec 2009, 15:33   #160
alecamused
Supermodder

alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.alecamused is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christof_II View Post
That Ruger Mk.I is mad, where did all that extra stuff come from...
its based on the kjw mk1 carbine. the handguard (and an other silencer) was made by a guy called dee from area51airsoft who was on arniesairsoft at that time. he did some awesome work (grammaton clerics among many others) but his delivery times where horrible.
the silencer was a laylax carbon whatever thing which is out of production if i remember correctly.

the good: apart from the looks - it did astronomical fps on red gas and even more on co2
the bad: it was totally inaccurate (i couldn't consistently hit a coke-can at 5 meters) (and i wasn't such a bad shot). later i added a metal hopup unit which did improve accuracy a little bit but it was still far from useful

Tags
airsoft, airsoft in the head, mil-sim, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode