bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Modding > Modding

Old 16th Jun 2009, 20:48   #81
bentleya
Lian Li Snail :)

bentleya has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbentleya has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Stu, looking really good man .

I'm still looking for good Acrylic and Derlin been on the hunt for about a year
bentleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2009, 01:45   #82
stuartwood89
Please... Just call me Stu.

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleya View Post

thanks! I'll get it eventually, I'll have a look on the KT forums and see what they have there. I think my work needs improvement but for a first few goes it's not so bad. While I'm here, can anyone point me to that picture of a render featuring a concept bike of some sort? I need inspiration and I can't find it anywhere. I think it was by one of you guys.

Project - Storm Scout Restoration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Propane View Post
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
stuartwood89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2009, 01:47   #83
Metric
has a bazooka

Metric has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleya View Post

bentleya, all of the acrylic renders I did with KT was with the default one in the glass pack they have on the website. As for the delrin, I used this pack: http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/inde...fileinfo&id=37 and changed the underlying base color to a very dark grey/black on one of the slightly diffused plastics.
Metric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2009, 15:57   #84
stuartwood89

stuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstuartwood89 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
Here's a remake of that Danger Den block I posted earlier:

The model is from here.

Finally figured how to get the properties right for acrylic/glass, although a few hundred more passes would have been nice, and some way of removing those orange speckles from the insides of those barbs.

Quote:
I thought Dragonforce were like a joke/troll rock band? Ya'know, like Nickelback?
Old 17th Jun 2009, 19:35   #85
bentleya
Lian Li Snail :)

bentleya has yet to learn the way of the Dremelbentleya has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looking good that stu, what you using light and background wise?
bentleya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jun 2009, 20:33   #86
stuartwood89

Background is just a floor piece with some reflection and i'm using a spotlight to get some shadows . I'll try adding more lights at some point.

Quote:

Last edited by stuartwood89; 17th Jun 2009 at 20:43. Reason: PS3 browser sucks.
Old 17th Jun 2009, 21:57   #87
bocian
New

bocian has yet to learn the way of the Dremel

NysoO`s Apogee GTX + KT
bocian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2009, 04:43   #88
Metric
has a bazooka

Solidworks 2009 + Maxwell Render 1.7.1

Danger Den-esque chipset waterblock:

Old 18th Jun 2009, 07:15   #89
Editor22
E22 | Hex-Gear

Editor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Some awesome renders coming out here! Just made me get off my ass and install 3ds from my old desktop onto the new i7

-> Metric - Thats some pretty impressive renders dude! did you create all the mats yourself?
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jun 2009, 18:18   #90
stuartwood89

That's my final 360 heatsink render. I'm sick of looking at it now.

Look, I even made a little glass pedestal for it.

Quote:
Old 18th Jun 2009, 23:44   #91
Metric
has a bazooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Editor22 View Post
-> Metric - Thats some pretty impressive renders dude! did you create all the mats yourself?
Thanks, and yes all of the materials I use are either the default ones that come with Maxwell or I create them myself

Been awhile since I've done a CPU waterblock, so here's one. Sort of a mix between a HK 3.0 and a EK Supreme LT

Download 3D PDF

The center of the block (around where the CPU core would be), the fins switch to a micro pin matrix to increase turbulence and then it switches back to laminar flow

Old 19th Jun 2009, 00:02   #92
jhanlon303
The Keeper of History

jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.jhanlon303 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Whatever he said!

john
Old 19th Jun 2009, 07:41   #93
loner1994
oc newbe (sort of)

loner1994 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metric View Post
The center of the block (around where the CPU core would be), the fins switch to a micro pin matrix to increase turbulence and then it switches back to laminar flow
Im makeing a guess here that you are talking about creating turbulance in the block and then on the way out smoothing out the turbulance
loner1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jun 2009, 22:13   #94
Editor22
E22 | Hex-Gear

Editor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming SaiyanEditor22 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
@ metric - Damn I really want to have a bash using maxwell now you said some of those were default mats! but at 671 its a tad over my price range for software
Editor22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2009, 10:30   #95
Metric
has a bazooka

One more higher resolution render:

loner1994: Yep, if you mess around with the .pdf I linked, you can zoom in and see the pin and fin structure.
Old 20th Jun 2009, 13:13   #96
loner1994
oc newbe (sort of)

loner1994 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
could you send me a 3ds file of it an ill see if pro enginer can do som fluid dynamics tests to check it is worling

dont ask how a 14 year old has pro enginer (2000+) but i would like to thank alcatel lusent (if it is still called that)
loner1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2009, 14:05   #97
Dark~3nergy
what was dat sandvich ?

Dark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the DremelDark~3nergy has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Metric, build it
|||||||||
Dark~3nergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2009, 19:53   #98
matthewrblack
Modder

matthewrblack has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Images rendered in SolidWorks 2008

matthewrblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jun 2009, 20:42   #99
Jipa
Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Jipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run CrysisJipa can run Crysis
I just looked through this thread, and I'm afraid I just came a little. I REALLY need to give Kerkythea/some other sketchup-renderer another go!
Old 20th Jun 2009, 21:32   #100
Metric
has a bazooka

Quote:
Originally Posted by loner1994 View Post
could you send me a 3ds file of it an ill see if pro enginer can do som fluid dynamics tests to check it is worling

dont ask how a 14 year old has pro enginer (2000+) but i would like to thank alcatel lusent (if it is still called that)
Here is the file (Converted from Solidworks 2009 to PRO/Engineer, so if the conversion didn't work I'll try and upload in a different format): http://files.getdropbox.com/u/2028/X...terblock.asm.1. I ran some FloXpress tests myself at 22psi and seems to be good, lots of turbulence and increase in pressure around the core area .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark~3nergy View Post
Metric, build it
If someone can cut the 0.5mm slots for the base and is willing to do it for a reasonable price, then I'll definitely consider it

View Mode