bit-tech.net

Old 8th Apr 2013, 14:19   #4741
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by obaidbd View Post
Like both of them
Cheers bud.
Old 8th Apr 2013, 22:27   #4742
LithiumDesign
3dsMax User

LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.LithiumDesign is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Fantastic work steveo left a comment on flickr before I came here!

Some shots from me, taken a few evenings ago at some local industrial and trade estates - they seem to be my favourite place to shoot at the moment!

DSC_1975 by danmorris94, on Flickr

DSC_1977 by danmorris94, on Flickr

DSC_1959 by danmorris94, on Flickr

Intel Core i5 750 | G.Skill Ripjaw 8GB | XFX HD5770
Asus P7P55D LE | 500W OCZ ModXstream Pro | Antec Three Hundred
500GB + 1.5TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Logitech G9x | 23" LG | Windows Se7en 64-Bit
FiiO E07K | AKG K451 | NAD 3020i
LithiumDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2013, 05:07   #4743
Malvolio

Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Malvolio is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.

Link to view this in silly high resolution. Image would have been better if my normal drop cloth (metallic red sheet) was more easily removable, or if I had something better than a single sheet of A4 cardstock, but I still think it turned out okay.
Malvolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2013, 08:06   #4744
stonedsurd
Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Mil Mi-17V5 carrying NSG commandos for an assault demonstration:

(click for big)
Old 9th Apr 2013, 09:45   #4745
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.steveo_mcg is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumDesign View Post
Fantastic work steveo left a comment on flickr before I came here!
Cheers mate. Nice abstracts, the second one almost looks like it could be a large building from very far away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
Image would have been better if my normal drop cloth (metallic red sheet) was more easily removable, or if I had something better than a single sheet of A4 cardstock, but I still think it turned out okay.
Looks good to me, I think that kind of shot suits a white background.

stonedsurd, loving the whirlybirds. How many shots do you take to get the shot?
Old 9th Apr 2013, 09:51   #4746
stonedsurd

stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.stonedsurd is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg View Post
stonedsurd, loving the whirlybirds. How many shots do you take to get the shot?
Thanks.
I used to spray-and-pray a lot. Now I do three-shot bursts and get at least one keeper, which is a pretty healthy ratio for me

I also shoot a lot less per outing now (thanks largely to reading Tim's posts here and on his blog). I pick and choose my angles instead of spamming 40GB of RAWs in an afternoon and then picking ten worthwhile shots from the bunch over the course of a month. During the 2011 Miramar show, I filled two 16GB cards between 11am and 6pm. By contrast, I spent 3 days in Gwalior shooting Mirage 2000s last december and only 40GB for the entire trip. For Aero India 2013 it was even less, even though it was a one-week show.

Last edited by stonedsurd; 9th Apr 2013 at 10:05.
stonedsurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Apr 2013, 09:58   #4747
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I'd say thats a very good ratio.
Old 9th Apr 2013, 10:31   #4748
stonedsurd

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo_mcg View Post
I'd say thats a very good ratio.
Took me long enough!
Old 10th Apr 2013, 22:38   #4749
steveo_mcg
I Mod, Therefore I Own

One more of the Snow on the hills, taken at the same time as the Pano above..

Snowy Pentlands From Craiglockhart Hill by steveo_mcg, on Flickr

I really need to wet print a couple of these, the detail even in the scan is incredible!
Old 12th Apr 2013, 04:18   #4750
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Love the panorama film scans Just the texture and grain makes it fun to look at

Let me take your picture! by Neo - nimajus, on Flickr
Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2013, 14:01   #4751
eddie_dane
Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

eddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Here are a few from the Avett Brothers show last night

avett.brothers-29 by shutterdoggy, on Flickr

avett.brothers-25 by shutterdoggy, on Flickr

avett.brothers-15 by shutterdoggy, on Flickr

avett.brothers-7 by shutterdoggy, on Flickr
<specofdust>More later, I have to go do something forbidden now
shutterdoggy.com
eddie_dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2013, 15:37   #4752
supermonkey
Deal with it

supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.supermonkey is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The picture of the guy with the upright bass is awesome. I especially like the way the warm light comes in hard from the side, outlining both his face and the edge of the bass. And his pose is just about perfect. Well done!
But of bliss and of glad life there is little to be said, before it ends; as works fair and wonderful, while still they endure for eyes to see, are their own record, and only when they are in peril or broken for ever do they pass into song.
-J.R.R. Tolkien, The Silmarillion
supermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2013, 15:43   #4753
eddie_dane

eddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyaneddie_dane is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonkey View Post
The picture of the guy with the upright bass is awesome. I especially like the way the warm light comes in hard from the side, outlining both his face and the edge of the bass. And his pose is just about perfect. Well done!
Yeah, that's one of my personal favorites too. This show had more back lighting than front which was frustrating but made the odd image like this almost worth it.

Shadows in the eyes like in pic #2 drive me up the wall. but there's not much I can do about it.
shutterdoggy.com
Old 12th Apr 2013, 20:13   #4754
Cheap Mod Wannabe
Ultramodder

Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Cheap Mod Wannabe - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
OMG those musician shots are absolutely stunning!

Can you tell me a little about lighting/settings etc. Really awesome work
Cheap Mod Wannabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2013, 20:23   #4755
eddie_dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Mod Wannabe View Post
OMG those musician shots are absolutely stunning!

Can you tell me a little about lighting/settings etc. Really awesome work
Thanks!

Well, the cardinal rule in concert shooting is that you are not allowed to use flash so you have to deal with what the show sets up.

Sometimes, they use spotlights which make the job a cakewalk relatively. I shoot this venue a lot so I'm pretty familiar and have zoned into a range of settings I generally use: ISO 2000 (sometimes as high as 3200 if I need extra shutter speed), f2.8 - 4, and between 1/125 - 200 depending on which lens I'm using (17-35 and 70-200). I shoot manual exposure with continuous focusing using a single focus point and always set my white balance to 5500K.

I generally try to underexpose by 1/3 of a stop to make sure I get clean blacks which helps get good colors and some insurance to not blow out the exposure.
shutterdoggy.com
Old 12th Apr 2013, 20:46   #4756
stonedsurd

I just shot a play and biased my exposures about 1/3-stop to the right (canon tends to be weaker in the shadows, right?). I am going to edit that lot once in a few days, and I hope I can get something even half as good as yours, eddie.
Old 12th Apr 2013, 23:47   #4757
chrisb2e9
Dont do that...

chrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysischrisb2e9 can run Crysis
Just bought a new camera so trying to learn how to take nice shots. Grabbed this one the other day. For some reason after I have uploaded it, the picture is a lot brighter. in the original you can barely see the background. Regardless I still love the colored light coming through.
Old 13th Apr 2013, 12:02   #4758
jezmck
I Mod, Therefore I Own

jezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyanjezmck is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The colour profile used to display the image depends on the browser.
Old 13th Apr 2013, 13:28   #4759
LennyRhys
Fan Fan

LennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie_dane View Post
Thanks!

Well, the cardinal rule in concert shooting is that you are not allowed to use flash so you have to deal with what the show sets up.

Sometimes, they use spotlights which make the job a cakewalk relatively. I shoot this venue a lot so I'm pretty familiar and have zoned into a range of settings I generally use: ISO 2000 (sometimes as high as 3200 if I need extra shutter speed), f2.8 - 4, and between 1/125 - 200 depending on which lens I'm using (17-35 and 70-200). I shoot manual exposure with continuous focusing using a single focus point and always set my white balance to 5500K.

I generally try to underexpose by 1/3 of a stop to make sure I get clean blacks which helps get good colors and some insurance to not blow out the exposure.
Looks excellent Eddie. It's very clean for high ISO... what body are you using for this, and are you nailing focus every time? Eyes are perfect in #3.
Old 13th Apr 2013, 14:58   #4760
dullonien
Master of the unfinished.

dullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyandullonien is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb2e9 View Post
Just bought a new camera so trying to learn how to take nice shots. Grabbed this one the other day. For some reason after I have uploaded it, the picture is a lot brighter. in the original you can barely see the background. Regardless I still love the colored light coming through.
I like that!
Fractal Design Define R5 | Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | Corsair H50 | EVGA 680i SLI | 8GB DDR2 | Sapphire HD4870 | Corsair AX750 | HighPoint RocketRAID 2680SGL | 8 x 1.5TB HDD's in RAID5 | 1TB HDD | 500GB HDD |
dullonien is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jazzxp ftw, no skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, stonedsurd? hell yes!