bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 31st Aug 2016, 19:51   #13981
rainbowbridge
Banned

rainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
485 left on a 17k loan from way back 2009 or so, will be nice to close that off and finally not have any over head.
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st Sep 2016, 04:43   #13982
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Got to play EMT today.

I'm at work and was heading from one trip to another when I came upon a 3 car accident. The first vehicle had heavy front end damage but the driver had her door open and was talking to someone who identified himself as a firefighter. The second vehicle was empty and had fairly minor damage, but the roof on the third was caved in and there were two people in it. I asked the firefighter if he had checked on them and he said he had not so I did. Both patients were conscious and responsive, and both complained of head pain. The passenger window was shattered and so I did a quick evaluation on him and found nothing super concerning. The driver was pretty hysterical, but it's a general rule of thumb that anyone making that much noise isn't dying. I was finally able to unlock the doors (neither occupant was with it enough to accomplish that), get at the driver and evaluate her. She was complaining of head and neck pain and so I manually immobilized her neck and waited. About this time help started arriving, first police closely followed by the first engine company. I gave them a quick rundown on what I had and that while none were critical, the driver needed to go first and my passenger second, followed by the driver in the first car. I was sort of stuck there holding this poor sobbing lady's head while the engine crew worked around me stabilizing the vehicle and forcing the passenger door open to extricate the passenger, but that's just what needed to happen. Eventually the second due engine and the medic unit arrived and took over patient care and I was able to leave.

Despite the significant damage, none of the patients were dying. Modern cars do a remarkable job of protecting us from ourselves and they were in the 98% of patients who are going to do just fine no matter what we do (the other 2% die). Still, it was good to be there and have the skills and experience to know what needed to be done and fo it, even if it didn't change much.
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 14:33   #13983
.//TuNdRa
Resident Bulldozer Guru

.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan.//TuNdRa is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Finally got the Asus Strix Soar squared away, and now I'm just listening to the full range of music on it.

Good God it's good. The channel separation is better than on the DX, the bass is clearer and goes deeper ( I think that's partially the integrated headphone amp driving my 518s better than the DX + External amp could ) and the surround emulation is straight up Better to my ears in games, it's frankly amazing.

Just a shame it took so much work to get it squared away, and it's still not quite perfect.

The only other problem is it's making me wonder how much better a nicer pair of headphones would sound, and the Sennheiser HD600s are on sale on Amazon right now...
Overdue Upgrades: AMD R7 1700 | Thermalright Archon IB-E | Asrock Taichi 370X | 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX | Asus Strix Soar | Gigabyte Windforce 670 | Silverstone ST1000-PT | Silverstone Raven RV-02B V1.7 | 2x Hynix SL301 250GB RAID0 | 2x WD 3TB RED RAID0 | Lite-on Blu-ray ROM
Dell U2913WM | Sennheiser HD 518s | Microlab Solo8C Speakers | Logitech G13 | Ducky Legend (MX Blues) | Logitech G503
.//TuNdRa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 14:51   #13984
Sarakon
The German

Sarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming SaiyanSarakon is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by .//TuNdRa View Post
The only other problem is it's making me wonder how much better a nicer pair of headphones would sound, and the Sennheiser HD600s are on sale on Amazon right now...
This is a problem I face every other week I really like the HD518 as well, but one can't help wonder....
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 15:03   #13985
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Successfully replaced the power steering lines with AN-6 steel braided teflon.

Why is that awesome? Because it's demystified the front end of the car for me. Forced to take pretty much everything out to get at the parts I needed access to. Also means there's no more rotting Ford steel hoses to worry about, and with a Mocal cooler, it's got as much if not more cooling capacity.

Also finally ****ed off the aircon stuff too. There's no point in maintaining a **** system for three days a year that it's of use.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 20:52   #13986
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Why is that awesome? Because it's demystified the front end of the car for me. Forced to take pretty much everything out to get at the parts I needed access to. Also means there's no more rotting Ford steel hoses to worry about, and with a Mocal cooler, it's got as much if not more cooling capacity.
Some things should remain mysterious. Some things we were never meant to know
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 21:50   #13987
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Pot Noodle... pots of nutritionally dubious, chemical awesome... [when it's the first proper thing you've eaten in quite some time after a stomach bug]

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 22:00   #13988
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The assault class AT rocket in BF1 beta. Great for shooting tanks and they smash buildings too.

Edit: I've also been having a play around with the memory (2x 8GB Crucial Tactical Ballistix 1600) in me new 'pooter and it seems happy enough at 2400MHz, cas 11.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel

Last edited by Yadda; 3rd Sep 2016 at 22:35.
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2016, 03:09   #13989
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
after shelving my PG RX-0 at the start of the year i decided to pick it up again. just finished building the torso. fiddly ******* esp with the electronics kit.

im out of matt sealer so im going to have to wait until next week before i can finish it off its decals/fine lines.

oh well, might as well make a start on the legs

Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Sep 2016, 09:30   #13990
Byron C
ᴾᵒᵒᵖ

Byron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming SaiyanByron C is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Between here and eBay, I've managed to shift 460 in unused kit in the last 4 days (after PP/eB fees). Admittedly half of that is to pay off a "new" (old) laptop I just bought... Once I get my Steam Link through I can break up the system in the lounge and start getting the money together for a "gaming"-ish laptop.

I've got *so much* unused stuff lying around here, and I hate to see all this perfectly good kit lying round gathering dust. The money is good, but it's even better to see stuff going to a new home to get some use.

Saturn: Gen8 Microserver, G1610T, 4GB RAM, 5TB Disk | Titan: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B, 160GB USB HDD | Rhea: XW4600 Workstation, Xeon X3323, 4GB RAM, 292GB 15K SAS Array | Earth: RVZ01, i5-4670K, GA-Z97N-WIFI, 8GB RAM, 4GB GTX970 | Mars: Dell Inspirion 15-7559, i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 4GB GDDR5 GTX960M
Byron C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2016, 00:44   #13991
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Visited Berlin with a few friends this weekend, I honestly feel it was one of the best experiences of my life... I'd happily move there tomorrow and its made me think how much i could be potentially missing out on.

I'm not a guy for continuous travelling, I love stability in my life. I'd definitely love to visit again and get some more trips organised (everyone seems keen)

It was a great time and i'd highly recommend anyone going there
[i7-4770K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
DeadP1xels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Sep 2016, 23:44   #13992
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

DeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming SaiyanDeadP1xels is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Double post but i don't care!

My car is in the showroom... I've been on the outlook for a new pair of wheels for a while and it suddenly turned up in weston super mare. It's a 2013 alpine white BMW 320D Msport. According to my sales man I've pissed approximately 13 people off by throwing the deposit down (refundable) without seeing the car ahead of time.

I'm seeing it on saturday and I'm so excited!! I should be hopefully trading my current car in at the same time aswell
[i7-4770K][Asus Maximus VI Hero][H100i][R9 270X][HyperX Beast 32GB 2400mhz][NI KORE][1TB WD Caviar Black][Corsair 450W VS][Cosmos SE][Razer Abyssus][Microsoft Reclusa][Samsung S27C450B][Behringer B1031A][Shure SE215]
Old 8th Sep 2016, 00:39   #13993
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunsmith View Post
after shelving my PG RX-0 at the start of the year i decided to pick it up again. just finished building the torso. fiddly ******* esp with the electronics kit.

im out of matt sealer so im going to have to wait until next week before i can finish it off its decals/fine lines.

oh well, might as well make a start on the legs

you got any photo's of the whole collection mate ?
Old 8th Sep 2016, 03:25   #13994
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
i havent really been documenting the build thus far, might make a log tho.
Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Sep 2016, 03:35   #13995
yodasarmpit
No longer the other Brett.

yodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyanyodasarmpit is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Currently in New York on holiday, which is pretty nice.
Old 9th Sep 2016, 13:16   #13996
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Met up with a former boss for a coffee and a chin wag. No guarantees of anything, but there are some real possibilities in the near future.

Given recent set backs and disappointments in employment prospects, that couple of hours has really lifted me out of the deep blue funk I've been wading around in lately. I'm no better off than I was yesterday, but my mindset has improved immeasurably.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|980 Ti|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Sep 2016, 21:00   #13997
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

Got a date... I have no idea... I'm punching and I put 0 effort in...

Ahh well
Old 11th Sep 2016, 22:20   #13998
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Turned the waterblock around on the socket by 90 degrees.
Decided the hoses were far too close to the RAM afterall.
Turned the waterblock back 90 degrees.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Sep 2016, 23:16   #13999
DeadP1xels
Music Enthusiast

New wheels, 2013 320d MSport 184BHP.

My corsa did a 37.6mpg commute driving efficiently this beast did 61mpg average and i fiddled with the sport+ modes. I've also paid an additional cost (ouch) for a 4 year warranty with 5k excess unlimited claims which gives me peace of mind for any nasty bangs or noises that may occur.

To say I'm happy with it is a complete understatement... I cleaned it today on my street but spent most of my time talking to strangers about cars.

Old 12th Sep 2016, 06:35   #14000
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadP1xels View Post
New wheels, 2013 320d MSport 184BHP.

My corsa did a 37.6mpg commute driving efficiently this beast did 61mpg average and i fiddled with the sport+ modes. I've also paid an additional cost (ouch) for a 4 year warranty with 5k excess unlimited claims which gives me peace of mind for any nasty bangs or noises that may occur.

To say I'm happy with it is a complete understatement... I cleaned it today on my street but spent most of my time talking to strangers about cars.
Shiney!

VW start nailing my new car together this week for delivery this time next month.
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, all the awesome, all the time, awesome, cant walk can kill, cheesecake, dead rat armpit, do you earn a wage blazz, do you even lift bro?, ftw ftw ftw ftw ftw ftw, i do earn a wage, my life is awesome, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, say yes to yellow bongos, the messiahs brown eye

View Mode