bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 9th Apr 2017, 01:38   #14781
tk421
Idiot.

tk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for presidenttk421 should be considered for president
corsair have finally shipped a AM4 bracket for my h100i v2 ... crappy AM3 cooler can come out of my new box sometime Monday ...
Old 9th Apr 2017, 07:18   #14782
MeMo
It is what it is

MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Got to see a amazing show!!! The humpback whales in the San Juan Islands! WoooHoooo
Old 9th Apr 2017, 12:23   #14783
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Weather isn't too bad. Very sunny with good clear skies. Tis a bit windy though so I could only ride about four miles before I started to feel pretty cold. Still, it's something

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2017, 10:39   #14784
Mister_Tad
Modaretor

Mister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming SaiyanMister_Tad is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
He's not wrong. The best bit of the outskirts of Nottingham is leaving IME.
Oof... and I was only jesting

Terrible fixed-line internet aside, I quite like it here. I do live in one of the nice bits though
Old 10th Apr 2017, 11:04   #14785
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Tad View Post
Oof... and I was only jesting

Terrible fixed-line internet aside, I quite like it here. I do live in one of the nice bits though
I suspect there are nice bits, although much like Birmingham, I've yet to actually see any in person!

To be fair to Nottingham, my most experienced parts of it are the Lenton industrial estates, the way into/out of the City Hospital, the city centre, and a few assorted bits around that are mostly student-y places (Read: Cheap).

Oh, and Foremans.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Apr 2017, 12:04   #14786
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
OCUK.

I recently ordered two white Bitspower G 1/4 plugs/caps in white. The order arrived but one of them was not a cap. Seems it was mislabelled. Any way they were only 1.99 each on clearance.. I contacted OCUK who said they would look for the other one but they couldn't find it..

So they are sending me two Premium Bitspower plugs worth a tenner instead.

This isn't the first time I have had issues that were quickly worked out to my satisfaction either. It really seems they have completely changed as a company and now I find myself wanting to order everything from them. Sometimes I don't, because prices can differ a lot but for water cooling gear no one is cheaper, not even second hand on Ebay.

Bravo.

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2017, 15:16   #14787
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd

Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Whilst we've had some bad news recently, good things have happened too so it evens it out a bit I suppose.

Our middle child who was diagnosed with ASD, has a bit of a space fascination. She's beginning to grasp more advanced topics that even primary school children wouldn't completely understand. She understands that "light 'runs' (one of her funny turn of phrases) at 186,000 miles per second" and that the earth isn't completely round but an oblate spheroid. I'm not completely sure if she's understanding or remembering facts though, as she does have an exceptional memory. The most excellent part is that she's interested in computers, as we 'study space on them'.

Apparently we have to buy a telescope now too, crap.

In other news, I did a job for a friend of the mrs. and they bought me some Rum as a thank you. It's a small bottle of Kraken Black Spiced Rum.The thought process was that she knew nothing about alcohol, and she knows I like Squids and Octopuses ( they look cool, sue me). I may just become a Rum man, because this stuff is tasty.

Last edited by Darkwisdom; 11th Apr 2017 at 15:30.
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2017, 19:52   #14788
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
After much procrastination and having to postpone my driving lessons to pay for household emergencies, I've finally finished off my driving test.

...only took me 9 years and a bit from first applying for my provisional.

Quite glad I've finally checked that one off the to-do list.
Old 11th Apr 2017, 19:54   #14789
MeMo
It is what it is

MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.MeMo is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by suenstar View Post
After much procrastination and having to postpone my driving lessons to pay for household emergencies, I've finally finished off my driving test.

...only took me 9 years and a bit from first applying for my provisional.

Quite glad I've finally checked that one off the to-do list.
That is awesome congratulations!!!!
Old 11th Apr 2017, 20:05   #14790
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMo View Post
Got to see a amazing show!!! The humpback whales in the San Juan Islands! WoooHoooo
That sounds amazing.

Also, your islands have cool names. We have one called Barry.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Apr 2017, 20:21   #14791
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMo View Post
That is awesome congratulations!!!!
Thanks, just got to pick a car and negotiate the wonderful world of insurance now.
Old 12th Apr 2017, 00:46   #14792
MeMo
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yadda View Post
That sounds amazing.

Yes it was Amazing probably the coolest wildlife water show I have ever seen, being a paddler I have seen a few!
Old 12th Apr 2017, 00:48   #14793
MeMo
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by suenstar View Post
Thanks, just got to pick a car and negotiate the wonderful world of insurance now.
Oh yes, the wonderful world of insurance, well maybe NOT
Old 12th Apr 2017, 07:17   #14794
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
That sounds amazing.

Yeah, but you also have one called Muckle Fugga
Old 12th Apr 2017, 07:38   #14795
MeMo
It is what it is

Quote:
That sounds amazing.

Hey Yadda!!! It just so happens I did a research paper on Barry Island!!! PDC Island
Old 12th Apr 2017, 09:02   #14796
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan

That's insane. I hope it's the start of a muscle car war.

I won't be able to get involved, but it'll be cool to see.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2017, 11:13   #14797
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Talking of car bits (and insurance thereof), had a pleasant surprise when I did a bit of investigating yesterday.

I am hoping to be changing my car soon, I currently drive a 2004 Toyota Yaris T Sport, a 1.5l little nugget which, whilst great fun has a few issues which I am not too fussed on, having driven it for around a year now. Whilst the T Sport comes with the 1.5l engine and the TTE tuned gearbox and all the nice toys, certain things now bug me.

The gearbox is a close ratio jobbie which means that acceleration is fun but it also means that, just cruising around, I'm in 5th gear at 30 and that's it, it needs another gear or two to stop the wee thing from screaming when you get up to 70+. Another thing is the seating position, the T Sports have some VERY nice seats, very supportive and comfortable. However, they are also thicker than the standard Yaris seats and whilst the driver's seat can be lowered, it cannot be lowered enough to stop my hair from brushing the roof, highly annoying and it means that I have to scoot forward a little to fit properly.

The steering wheel also cannot be adjust forwards and backwards. Up and down, fine but it cannot be brought closer so I'm left feeling like I am sitting on the car and reaching down to the wheel rather than sitting in it. My body is just too long.

So I am looking at swapping it for a 7th gen Celica. Bigger car, bigger engine, more power, 6 speed gearbox. I thought I had better look at insurance before I start getting any hopes up, my thinking is that I am going from a nugget to a sports coupe and from 105hp to 140 (of course I'd like the 190 version but I would never use it, that power is only available at the very top of the rev range), so insurance might take a bit of a hit.

Sure enough there was a difference between the two cars of 200... with the Celica being cheaper!!

I guess that's what happens when you put the scary word, "Sport" on a car...

Just under 500 for the Celica and just over 700 for the Yaris with a single year's no claims (not had my own insurance for a while). The really crazy bit is that some companies still wanted over 2000 and a black box... There's so much variation, given that the information provided to each company is the same.

So it looks like I am car shopping over the weekend, yay.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2017, 17:40   #14798
lancer778544
isnt really an ultramodder...

lancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlancer778544 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
7th gen Celica 140
Make sure you only look at the facelift (2003+) 140s as the pre-facelift ones can have major oil burning issues. The 190s were unaffected.
Old 12th Apr 2017, 17:52   #14799
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer778544 View Post
Make sure you only look at the facelift (2003+) 140s as the pre-facelift ones can have major oil burning issues. The 190s were unaffected.
Yup, already on that one. Currently looking at a 2004 model
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Apr 2017, 17:55   #14800
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
just insured the can-am, mot is scheduled for tomorrow and once thats done i can tax it in time for a weekends riding
Gunsmith is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, all the awesome, all the time, awesome, cant walk can kill, cheesecake, dead rat armpit, do you earn a wage blazz, do you even lift bro?, ftw ftw ftw ftw ftw ftw, i do earn a wage, my life is awesome, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, say yes to yellow bongos, the messiahs brown eye

View Mode