bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 30th Dec 2009, 17:27   #161
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
What's the difference between Civ4 and Civ4 Conolization?

From the description it makes them sound standalone.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 17:38   #162
Sir Digby
The Supprising Adventures

Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Sir Digby is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Nothing that I want again...
Sir Digby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 17:59   #163
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Could the cheapness of the Steam holiday sales, midweek madness and weekend deals be the death of PC gaming?

AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 18:07   #164
MaverickWill
Dirty CPC Mackem

MaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run CrysisMaverickWill can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pimonserry View Post
What's the difference between Civ4 and Civ4 Conolization?

From the description it makes them sound standalone.
Colonization is a standalone, but heavily based on Civ 4. FYI, it's cheaper to get Civ 4, Warlords, Beyond The Sword, and Colonization cheaper individually than as a pack atm.
Old 30th Dec 2009, 18:45   #165
Mustangdelta
Who knew?

Mustangdelta has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshT View Post
Could the cheapness of the Steam holiday sales, midweek madness and weekend deals be the death of PC gaming?

No, I think the game industry has discovered a very cheap way to unload inventory. No physical boxes or distribution needed, just let Steam have XX number of keys and viola...money for nothing.

Wouldn't it be great if we pulled some console players over, I mean $10 games compared to $50????
Mustangdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 19:25   #166
Carper
Guru

Carper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I might get Left 4 Dead. I only have flashpoint for my new PC which i got it for free so 6 isn't a lot for L4D. Can anyone recommend me some cheap games?
CPU - Intel i5 750 Motherboard - MSI P55-GD65 Graphics card - Asus 5850 Memory - G.Skill 4GB 1600Mhz Blue Case - Antec 902 PSU - Corsair VX550W CPU Cooler - Titan Fenrir Optical drive - Sony AD-7240S-0B Hard drive - Samsung F3 1TB
Carper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 19:31   #167
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carper View Post
I might get Left 4 Dead. I only have flashpoint for my new PC which i got it for free so 6 isn't a lot for L4D. Can anyone recommend me some cheap games?
Alot of the indie games are as low as they are gonna go and some are a damn lot of fun World of Goo for example, Braid also.

As for full games, id wait to see whats on the mega sale, then make any decisions around jan 3rd as to what you wanna pick off the rest of the sale list.

Theres a lot of choice and some of the packs are freaking awesome deals, i picked up the THQ pack, which gives you a lot of RTS's COH (which is amazing) similarly DOW:40k, and the red faction guerilla is awesome too. A great pack of hours worth of gameplay.

Edit: Hold out for the valve complete pack to go on sale, that is a mega bundle of awesome games, that you can waste HOURS on.

Last edited by Stickeh; 30th Dec 2009 at 19:40.
Stickeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 19:53   #168
Carper
Guru

When do you think that pack will go on sale then? I guess it will be like the other packs and be about 30 or something which is pretty good.
CPU - Intel i5 750 Motherboard - MSI P55-GD65 Graphics card - Asus 5850 Memory - G.Skill 4GB 1600Mhz Blue Case - Antec 902 PSU - Corsair VX550W CPU Cooler - Titan Fenrir Optical drive - Sony AD-7240S-0B Hard drive - Samsung F3 1TB
Old 30th Dec 2009, 20:06   #169
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Stickeh is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Well currently its 39, http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2546/
Which is already a great deal, CSS, TF2 and L4D2 are excellent on-line games with massive communities.

If it does get any cheaper it will probably be on the last day, though if it doesn't, id get it on the last day knowing its going to go up another 13 after the holiday sale!

The half life series is awesome single player, similarly portal. Just take a look at their metascores, all high scoring!

add me on steam friends if you wish (and to everyone else), search for lankyjames, name is currently -uTi-GameSaleAddict....for obvious reasons.
Old 30th Dec 2009, 20:39   #170
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

To all those that know, or have played, should i get civ 4?
Old 30th Dec 2009, 22:21   #171
IckesTheSane
What's a Dremel?

IckesTheSane has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickeh View Post
To all those that know, or have played, should i get civ 4?
If you want to waste endless hours playing the addictive, 'just one more turn' game, then yes. 8-)

It is a very excellent game that introduces some interesting new concepts over the previous Civs. Have you played any of the others? If you enjoyed them, you'll enjoy this, also.

If you haven't, you'll either love it and spend every waking hour playing it (and then some), or play it for an hour and never touch it again. And there didn't get to be 4 of them because they were terrible, either.

And looking at the pricing, I'd get the pack. I haven't played Colonizations, but the other expansions to the original are pretty good. They each seem to add one interesting concept each, so maybe not worth it by themselves, but they are cheap enough together.

I also have a question: I was thinking about picking up colonization, but the pack is only a few bucks more. I already own the rest of the Civ4 series, so can I give away my duplicate versions of the game? Does Steam work like it you would think it should work?
IckesTheSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Dec 2009, 22:30   #172
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that at all, only a few games 'stack' and allow gifting extra copies, it really does suck, and you can pull separate ones from a pack either.

Thanks for the input ickes, i think i may pick it up, as i have heard so many people say how addictive it is, its gotta be good!
Old 30th Dec 2009, 23:04   #173
Carper
Guru

Just a quick question after looking at a lot of games on steam, a lot dont have windows 7 as a supported OS. I would of thought most of the games on there would work with windows 7 by now. Do some of the games that dont say supported by windows 7 still work?
Old 30th Dec 2009, 23:06   #174
Stickeh
Help me , Help you.

Yes, most games work fine, in fact i haven't got one that doesn't, and ive played sniper elite today, a very old game that tbh i didn't think would play at all (i had bought it for my xp netbook anyway)

I shouldnt worry about that old chap
Old 30th Dec 2009, 23:10   #175
alpaca
llama eats dremel

alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.alpaca is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
by far the most games that run under vista will run under win7, but i agree it is annoying that you're not full 100% sure...
Old 30th Dec 2009, 23:51   #176
October
Mariachi Style

October is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitOctober is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I think they probably just haven't updated every game page to include 7 yet, don't think I've seen any old games with it listed.

Just tried to buy the Max Payne Bundle and Osmosis only to be told I already own Osmosis

Slightly tempted by Civ 4 but I'm pretty sure my housemate never plays his hard copy any more... Saying that I have hard copies of both Max Paynes but Steams just so handy...
Old 31st Dec 2009, 00:05   #177
Pieface
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Pieface is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickeh View Post
Yes, most games work fine, in fact i haven't got one that doesn't, and ive played sniper elite today, a very old game that tbh i didn't think would play at all (i had bought it for my xp netbook anyway)

I shouldnt worry about that old chap
Blazing Angels doesn't work for Windows 7.
Pieface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2009, 00:49   #178
azrael-
I'm special...

azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!azrael- - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Damn Valve/Steam and their Holiday Sale... I've already spent much more than I'd ever anticipated. Picked up some great deals, though, like Torchlight, Jade Empire, Mirror's Edge, Killing Floor, Alpha Prime (at €0.99 I simply couldn't afford not to ) and some others.

Actually, Torchlight I bought just before the Holiday Sale. At €7.99. Exactly one week later it's €3.99. I'm consoling myself with the fact, that (hopefully) that extra cash made it directly to the developers as it's an ace game.

Xeon E3-1245 v2 3.4 GHz | ASUS P8C WS | 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3 | Samsung 830 256GB | eVGA GTX670 2GB | SB Audigy | Seasonic X-560 | Corsair Obsidian 550D | Dell 2209WA
azrael- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2009, 04:15   #179
feedayeen
Multimodder

feedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremelfeedayeen has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Fun fact about Civ 4, I got mine to work just by buying the expansion pack BTS, it is a little cheaper than even buying just the vanilla release.
feedayeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Dec 2009, 09:13   #180
Singularity
******* Operator from Hell

Singularity has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrael- View Post
Actually, Torchlight I bought just before the Holiday Sale. At 7.99. Exactly one week later it's 3.99. I'm consoling myself with the fact, that (hopefully) that extra cash made it directly to the developers as it's an ace game.
Had that rant too. Then went crazy and bought it for my girlfriend for the cheaper price

Tags
a steal, bargain, bogof, cheap as chips, cheep cheep, chips and curry sauce, comedy is banned, free dirt 2, hot and steamy, huge piston, kappa, mmm... spelt flour, mmmm... chips, omg free pc, onioncake, pushing in and out, say yes to skimmed milk, spelled thief wrong, spelt not spelled, steam, steam... mmmm, stop! theif!, the taffer, where is free cheesecake?, zappo mincing marvin