bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 3rd Mar 2011, 15:06   #61
User-sam
The force is strong with this one.

User-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming SaiyanUser-sam is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Amazing guide very usefull even for people more experinced, found the images very clear and usefull great work keep it up!
User-sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Mar 2011, 19:50   #62
aidacuk
Minimodder

aidacuk has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Good read.
aidacuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Apr 2011, 17:17   #63
aka_jesse
Minimodder

aka_jesse has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this is a great guide, thank you, the pictures really make the difference. im always scared of breaking the cards as i push them into each other.
aka_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2011, 03:13   #64
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Alright guys and girls, I'm starting work on version 2 of the guide, what do YOU want to see included in the next release (even if it's already been posted)?

Won't promise that I can include EVERYTHING that's posted, but I'll include what I find relevant to the topic to the best of my ability.
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
--If I helped you, please give me rep!
JaredC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Apr 2011, 12:50   #65
password
Minimodder

password has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
nice guide and i think u should put pictures in your next guide aswell because it made it easier and more enjoyable to read/ look at
password is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 01:43   #66
NeilJM
Multimodder

NeilJM has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Suggestion for next version, a step that I always take after unboxing the case. Have a glance over it and careful prod around for any sharp edges, and trim them down. Most will be fine but the odd cheapy can still be nasty, and I've fallen foul of this before when wrist-deep in a PC trying to plug in an awkward fan connector, bleeding onto the mobo...
NeilJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Apr 2011, 06:35   #67
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

JaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the DremelJaredC01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
No other suggestions? :\
|i7 920 @ 3.8 HT On||Corsair H50 Push/Pull||EVGA Classified E760||12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600||MSI GTX 580||X-Fi Fatal1ty Pro||WD HDDs (1TB Boot, 2x 500GB RAID 0 Scratch, 2x 2TB RAID 1 Storage)||Revolution 1050w||Corsair 650D||Dell 3007WFP||Logitech Z5500 // G930||Logitech G510 // Razer Mamba|
Old 27th Apr 2011, 17:25   #68
murraynt
I Mod, Therefore I Own

murraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for presidentmurraynt should be considered for president
There is lots of pictures but not much explanation.

Steam: murraynt
murraynt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Jul 2011, 23:01   #69
Haawkz
What's a Dremel?

Haawkz has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Wow incredible post OP, helped me out a lot as im a noobie when it comes to this.
Haawkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st Jul 2011, 22:40   #70
JaredC01
Hardware Nut

Glad it helped!

If you've got any suggestions for an updated version, let me know! No one else seems to have any input... :\
Old 12th Aug 2011, 18:50   #71
TrevDX
Ah Who Cares Anyway???

TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.TrevDX is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
I'm just about to start my first build and just a quick question.

You mention about Anti Static wrist strap (or grounding yourself) but is there any need for an anti-static mat?

I think I'm tring to convince myself that it's a bit OTT but at the same time don't want to short a brand new CPU/GPU before I've even got it working

Thanks for the great guide
TrevDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Aug 2011, 13:42   #72
amppatel
Minimodder

amppatel has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thanks for this, it really helps!
amppatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2011, 09:48   #73
DarkKnight
What's a Dremel?

DarkKnight has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Great post really helped me out as in thinking of building my own!
DarkKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Oct 2011, 14:58   #74
Crossing
Modder

Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Crossing is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Thanks for making this amazing guide, I can recommend it to people who annoy me about how to build their own computer.
Crossing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Nov 2011, 21:00   #75
mad professor
What's a Dremel?

mad professor has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I have to admit, the mother board manuals are good, the a lot has to be desired for, for the case manual and power supply manual. I have a Fractal Define R3 case, with cables coming out of them. Some cables have names against them which I can figure out. Others, I have no idea and just guess work, or tallying with the mobo manual. If there is a connector which has not been connected, you get worried as to where it goes.
mad professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Dec 2011, 04:08   #76
koloson
What's a Dremel?

koloson has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thank you very much!
koloson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 20:03   #77
ziggy12
What's a Dremel?

ziggy12 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
this post is absolutely amazing what a great guide for anyone building a computer even experienced people can learn from it thank you
ziggy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2012, 13:04   #78
blacksta
Minimodder

blacksta has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Excellent guide really helped alot
blacksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jul 2012, 13:05   #79
blacksta
Minimodder

blacksta has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Thank you again again again
blacksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Oct 2014, 10:00   #80
oscy
Supermodder

oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.oscy is definitely a rep cheat.
I'm following this (still waiting on a couple more parts), and I think a bit can be added to the processor section:

1) Mention the arrow on both the processor and the socket, and that they should be in the same corner.

2) Mention the **** TONNE of force required to push some processors in some motherboards, and that the velcro/scraping/crushing type noise is completely normal. Note that even when it looks like the lever is bending a bit as you push down and could snap at any moment, as long as you know the processor is for that type of socket, that it's in perfectly, and that you're pushing down gradually, don't worry, just keep going. This really needs being driven home because some tutorials say there shouldn't be any pressure, and even in videos when they say there'll be some pressure it doesn't truly underline how much, and I think everyone's first time encountering this was bloody scary.