bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 17th Jul 2010, 12:11   #1
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Alien Swarm Game - Free Game from Valve

Free game, can't argue with that for value.

Quote:
Two years ago Valve hired the talented team behind the popular top down co-op mod Alien Swarm. Since then they have been busy working on the Left 4 Dead Series, and now Portal 2. However, we never forgot about Alien Swarm and the team has spent a lot of time bringing the game to Source in between their contributions to the other Valve projects.

On Monday, July 19th Alien Swarm is going to be released for free via Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/4081/
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 13:05   #2
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
many hours were wasted on that a few years ago, was alreays terrified of the guy who covered the rear with a flamethrower.

should be fun
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 13:06   #3
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Never heard of that one, but if they've had a hand in L4D I will take great pleasure in seeing part of its heritage.
Old 17th Jul 2010, 13:23   #4
Aterius Gmork
smell the ashes

Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.Aterius Gmork is definitely a rep cheat.
So this is like the new Alien Breed, only that it's good? Awesome.

Edit: Oh wow.

Last edited by Aterius Gmork; 17th Jul 2010 at 13:31.
Aterius Gmork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 13:23   #5
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krikkit View Post
Never heard of that one, but if they've had a hand in L4D I will take great pleasure in seeing part of its heritage.

we used to play co op with each person having just one marine, oh god it was awesome.

Old 17th Jul 2010, 13:37   #6
AshT
Custom User Title

AshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the DremelAshT has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
lol glad I checked the forums first, I was about to trumpet this on the Latest Steam Bargains thread!

FREE? Definately going into my games Library.
AshT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 17:42   #7
GooNeR
World domination plans in phase 2!

GooNeR has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshT View Post
lol glad I checked the forums first, I was about to trumpet this on the Latest Steam Bargains thread!

FREE? Definately going into my games Library.
Same here Definitely going in the library... looks quite interesting to play with mates at least.
GooNeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 18:55   #8
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GooNeR View Post
Same here Definitely going in the library... looks quite interesting to play with mates at least.
I thought even Alien Breed was pretty good fun - this on the other hands looks brilliant!
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 19:00   #9
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
At first it was a ut2k4 mod, right ?
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Jul 2010, 19:10   #10
Dr. Awesome
I go to 11

Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Dr. Awesome is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
It looks a bit like Zombie Apocalypse on the XBLA. Except you can move through a level instead of it being just an arena.
Old 17th Jul 2010, 19:22   #11
Ljs
Mod Master

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Free is my favourite number.

Should be good for a bit of a laugh and kill a few hours although I worry about longevity - I almost lost the will to live after playing Torchlight for a few hours...
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2010, 08:53   #12
Fiyero
Vindaloovian

Fiyero has yet to learn the way of the DremelFiyero has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Any idea if this is going to be a long term free thing? Or if they're going to do it for a set period then start charging?
Just worried I'm going to forget to check tomorrow and download it, and then miss out!

Looks awesome though!
Fiyero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2010, 09:02   #13
BioSniper
I Mod, Therefore I Own

BioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the DremelBioSniper has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks better than Alien Breed: Impact, and I loved that game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal
Frankly this thread has become a bunch of methed up old women in a hat store.
BioSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Jul 2010, 14:13   #14
dire_wolf
Last Of The Dovakhiin

dire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for presidentdire_wolf should be considered for president
Alien swarm is pretty old but I'll give it a bash if enough people get on the servers, used to love this game
dire_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2010, 14:22   #15
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Has anyone played this yet? (I'm at work until 6!)
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2010, 14:24   #16
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

isnt unlocked for another 6 hours :/
Old 19th Jul 2010, 15:25   #17
Dudey109
Multimodder

Dudey109 has yet to learn the way of the DremelDudey109 has yet to learn the way of the DremelDudey109 has yet to learn the way of the DremelDudey109 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Looks pretty good, and is free what else can you ask for?

Ill get that in approx 5 hours
Dudey109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2010, 16:34   #18
Threefiguremini
Supermodder

Threefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the DremelThreefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the DremelThreefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the DremelThreefiguremini has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aterius Gmork View Post
So this is like the new Alien Breed, only that it's good? Awesome.

Edit: Oh wow.

<video>
It's a Gonarch!
Threefiguremini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2010, 19:46   #19
Loafers
What's a Dremel?

Loafers has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
It went from 1 hour remaining to 3 hours remaining -_-
Loafers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2010, 19:53   #20
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Boo hiss hiss boo

Still, can't argue with £free.

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, steam, valve