bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 21st Jul 2010, 15:49   #81
themcman1
is now 110% win

themcman1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelthemcman1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremelthemcman1 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc8788 View Post
What do you get when you get promoted?
You get to do it all again, and you get a star by your name. That is all.
themcman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 19:29   #82
pimonserry
sounds like a party.

pimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremelpimonserry has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
New shiny guns.

It's good fun, and really decent for free.

Don't know how it's raping anyone's GPUs, my 4870 is underclocked and it's handling it with a >30 minimum FPS on full settings

+REP ME FOR BEING WONDERFUL
pimonserry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 21:07   #83
Grimloon
Hypermodder

Grimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I've run it now at 5,040 x 1,050 (the options for that are somewhat bizarrely placed under the 16:9 resolutions *shrugs*), my 5850 hit 65C maximum and didn't even bother ramping the fan speed up much - from just over 1,300 to around 1,500 RPM.

Playing it in Eyefinity is a little overwhelming to start with and the HUD isn't centred so you have to glance left and right a lot to see the map and status bars. Portrait mode would probably be better than landscape for this one and I imagine that Eyefinity 6 would be awesome!

@Pete J: I'd definitely be a touch concerned over those temps. I know Fermi runs hot but that sounds like a pretty serious issue, especially considering the fact that you've got 3 of the suckers
Grimloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Jul 2010, 23:18   #84
Pete J
RIP Teelzebub

Pete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming SaiyanPete J is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idioteque View Post
How on earth is this stressing your GPU? This game runs on my 8800GTS 320MB on full graphics at 1920x1200 with 2xAA at ~50fps

Edit: Just realised you had Fermis... No wonder they be hot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erratum1 View Post
Understandable with gtx 480, I think they can take the heat though. Its really warm in my spare room at the moment.

I don't do hardly any gpu overclocking when its like this, its just too damned hot, at least for air cooling anyway.
Oh, they're not having any problem running the game per se, it's just that the game for some reason heats them to a stupid degree. For example, Mass Effect 2 only gets them to about 85C.
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 12:26   #85
Somatic
Minimodder

Somatic has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Bit late to the party, but going to install this game and give it a go.

Is this game anything like the updated Alien Breed series? Haven't had a chance to play that yet.
Somatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 12:31   #86
keir
S p i t F i r e

keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.keir is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Alien Swarm as FPS

Quote:
Enable develeoperconsole and type in:

sv_cheats 1;firstperson;asw_hide_marine;asw_controls 0;
keir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 12:44   #87
stormbringer500
Supermodder

stormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitstormbringer500 is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I'll download this tonight, can't wait.
stormbringer500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 14:06   #88
Ljs
Mod Master

Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.Ljs is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknowngamer View Post
Great fun.

Up for a game anytime.

Steam: mega_bite
/wave (bbc.Libertine if you remember!)

On topic checkout this http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1371124.

Console commands for AS, so you can do useful things like change the reload to under you character and get rid of the camera shake when hit by an enemy...
Ljs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 15:11   #89
DarkLord7854
I Mod, Therefore I Own

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
I'm really enjoying this game, it's quite fun
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 15:51   #90
unknowngamer
here

unknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysisunknowngamer can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljs View Post
/wave (bbc.Libertine if you remember!)
Billionaire Boys Club.

Never heard of them........

Hi BTW.
Old 22nd Jul 2010, 22:40   #91
sleepygamer
More Metal Than Thou

sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.sleepygamer is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Had a fun run through with some fiends earlier. We tried an all sentry run, but we needed a gun for physics booms and stuff, bu here is the cargo lift finale as captured by my friend.

Senpai | CPU | Intel i5 2500K | RAM | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Mobo | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | GPU | Asus STRIX 960 4GB | SSDs | Intel 730 Series 250GB, Corsair Force 3 120GB, OCZ Agility 120GB | HDD/Storage | 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 | PSU | Silverstone Strider 700W | Case | NZXT M59 | Monitor | 24"+20" LG Flatrons | Keyboard | Razer Blackwidow TE | Mouse | Roccat Tyon
sleepygamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 12:57   #92
Bogomip
... Yo Momma

Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!Bogomip - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
Been playing this quite a bit the last few days, is very good
Bogomip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 18:50   #93
grjsmith
What's a Dremel?

grjsmith has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
If only there was more single player.
grjsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jul 2010, 20:17   #94
DarkLord7854
I Mod, Therefore I Own

DarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run CrysisDarkLord7854 can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by grjsmith View Post
If only there was more single player.
You can play the whole campaign in SP if you use console commands
Old 24th Jul 2010, 06:25   #95
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by keir View Post
Alien Swarm as FPS

awesome

It's definitely not to the player's advantage but I bet it can get quite intense.

I played for over 3 hours yesterday and it's very fun. It also requires a lot more teamplay than I initially thought, which is perfect.

I have a question though. Is there a tip to get rid of the @$%?@#$? facehuggers ? They're annoying as hell and waste so much of our medic gun that it gets difficult to survive to many of them
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2010, 07:46   #96
impar
I Mod, Therefore I Own

impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.impar is definitely a rep cheat.
Greetings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knuck View Post
I have a question though. Is there a tip to get rid of the @$%?@#$? facehuggers ? They're annoying as hell and waste so much of our medic gun that it gets difficult to survive to many of them
Use the electro-armor.
Old 24th Jul 2010, 08:46   #97
knuck
Hate your face

knuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on youknuck - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
thx. I don't have it yet but it's good to know

Quote:
This item is capable of saving you from a parasite, but you will take a considerable amount of damage if the parasite is already attached
damn. I was hoping for better efficiency. The problem with parasites is you can't see them until they're on your face. If I could see them before that I'd teslagun them but I usually don't
| Intel i7 4770K | 12GB DDR3 2000 | Asus Maximus VI Hero | GTX 980 | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | 10.5TB total | Seasonic X-1250 | Auzentech Bravura X-Fi | Fractal Design Define R3 XL | Corsair H50 | BenQ XL2420T 120Hz |
knuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2010, 09:02   #98
smc8788
...at least I have chicken

smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.smc8788 is definitely a rep cheat.
Let the guy with the flamer go first and burn them all to hell! This is easy enough on anything but insane difficulty, where you know they will appear (the parasites are much more numerous and on every level in insane). Once you've played through the campaign a few times you'll know where they will appear and learn to look out for them (they're quite distinctive with their yellow-tipped legs). The medic gun is usually good for saving a few parasite-infected team mates, but there's no substitute for vigilance and sticking together as a team so you can watch each other's backs.
smc8788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jul 2010, 12:20   #99
Phalanx
Needs more dragons and stuff.

Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Phalanx is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Anyone fancy a decent teammate? Everyone who I seem to play with online just runs off and dies, handicapping the team. I'm a good support player (Medic and Tech mainly), but I can, in a pickle, be called upon to do some intense shooting

I desperately want teammates who know that there's no "I" in "TEAM".

Add me on Steam: Catachan
Old 24th Jul 2010, 14:40   #100
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Catachan? the mpuk catachan?
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
free, steam, valve