bit-tech.net

Old 20th May 2013, 19:05   #3661
gilljoy
I *am* a Dremel

gilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for presidentgilljoy should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Big support unit of questionable usefulness - check
Aircraft - check
Minor tweaking to existing units - check

Yep, there's definitely a pattern here...
dire avengers being halfed in number in the box isn't good
Old 20th May 2013, 19:20   #3662
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljoy View Post
Hold up, they're cutting the box to 5? Good job I think they're pants!
Old 20th May 2013, 19:36   #3663
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljoy View Post
oh yeah forgot:

stealithily/effectively put prices up by tweaking squad box contents - check

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 21:15   #3664
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by benji2412 View Post
Hold up, they're cutting the box to 5? Good job I think they're pants!
Well you either take them or rangers, guardians are only worth it for the weapons platform.

Hopefully the new waithguard will have improved vastly on the old models, its good to finaly get the flyer but gw should have released them earlier, new characters will be interesting to see.

Was hoping to see new bikes but nothing so far, hopefully when more pics leak their could be some.

Last edited by ccxo; 20th May 2013 at 23:06.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2013, 23:08   #3665
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.benji2412 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccxo View Post
Well you either take them or rangers, guardians are only worth it for the weapons platform.
Meh I'm not that fond of rangers, I can think of better things to spend my points on. The same with guardian weapons platforms, they're BS3 and starcannons aren't that great either with two shots. Shame you have to take troops to get objectives in 6th ed.
Old 22nd May 2013, 01:27   #3666
ccxo
On top of a hill

ccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyanccxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...st/463557.page

Posting the link again as new pics are up from the WD, have the flyers, Wraithguard, Sniper Character and the new Farseer & Spiritseer.
ccxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:46   #3667
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The models look like a nice evolution without going completely retarded.

Something I think Tau did, as well, but was lost entirely on Dark Angels/Chaos (Seriously, what the **** is the Nephilim? Also, what the shitass is the Hellbrute? How did that come out of a bloody dreadnought?), and the less said about the fantasy stuff the better IMO.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:55   #3668
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I thought the hellbrute worked quite well. Moved it away from the look of the SM Dreadnought and made it look more chaosy.
You can still tell it's based on a dread, but has been totally corrupted.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 09:58   #3669
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The only thing I can see as similar is the size IMO.

Considering Chaos Legions still have titans, dreadclaws (The chaos version of what was shown at the weekender basically), and all the old armour I don't see why the dreadnought chassis would be the only thing to change so much.

Obviously the Dark Mechanicum is hard at work producing things like the Helldrake, but since there's no precursor to the Helldrake it's an easier pill to swallow for me. The Hellbrute just looks like someone decided the Chaos Dreadnought looked too similar and needed changing for the sake of changing it.
Old 22nd May 2013, 10:56   #3670
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post

Obviously the Dark Mechanicum is hard at work producing things like the Helldrake
Nothing about that flamer is an easy pill to swallow.......
Old 22nd May 2013, 15:52   #3671
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Nothing about that flamer is an easy pill to swallow.......
Every army has something that's over powered

That said, every single helldrake I've been pitted against hasn't managed to make effective use of the flamer before I've gunned it out of the sky (Perhaps in part due to my excessive use of Mortis Contemptors..), so in that regard I guess I've never been that bothered about them.

I did briefly consider the helios platforms, though, for Interceptor - 3 twinlinked shots at the end of their movement phase seemed like a good way to swat things.
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:26   #3672
benji2412
Has an Avatar avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
Every army has something that's over powered

That said, every single helldrake I've been pitted against hasn't managed to make effective use of the flamer before I've gunned it out of the sky (Perhaps in part due to my excessive use of Mortis Contemptors..), so in that regard I guess I've never been that bothered about them.

I did briefly consider the helios platforms, though, for Interceptor - 3 twinlinked shots at the end of their movement phase seemed like a good way to swat things.
Ah see this is because I'm used to vanilla rules and 4x4ft boards. I did see someone with a quad gun manned by a Fire Dragon with Crack Shot, not a bad shout to get rid of flyers. I prefer a lascannon though....
Old 22nd May 2013, 19:51   #3673
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Ah see this is because I'm used to vanilla rules and 4x4ft boards. I did see someone with a quad gun manned by a Fire Dragon with Crack Shot, not a bad shout to get rid of flyers. I prefer a lascannon though....
Crazy kids and your "vanilla" rules

Lascannons are great, but on a mortis.. 2s to hit, rerollable, two shots.. Not great on fliers - Weight of dice brings 'em down much more reliably!
Old 23rd May 2013, 15:48   #3674
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well, massive back pain has been good for one thing I suppose, got a shedload of painting done:

Add to that little lot 20 lootas and that will be all the boys I need. 1 dakkajet, a big mek and a trukk brings it out to exactly 1000 points
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:23   #3675
philheckler
Used to be a pc enthusiast

philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
wow.. you've done all those in the time i did 2..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Old 23rd May 2013, 17:07   #3676
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Painting almost entirely in washes certainly makes for quick work.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2013, 18:25   #3677
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Dats a lotta boyz dere!

Well, on a non-GW theme, I put my kick in for Deadzone this afternoon and I'm suddenly feeling pangs of doubt!

My biggest kick on a project to date, on something that I might never get the chance to play. Should I have saved the money and spent it on something else???? There is just something about it that has me absolutely hooked on the idea and I cannot really explain why.

I still have 9 days to decide if I'll pull the plug or not. It's Deadzone or save the cash for a Kindle Fire HD.

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 19:46   #3678
philheckler
Used to be a pc enthusiast

philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.philheckler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
More boyz..

Just got these two left to go .. both have had base coats and washes

Doing the regular boar boyz next... already have them and the sprues look fantastic . So many cool options and only cost 17.50..

After that I'm going to pick up a box of black ork boys to go with Grimgore and the black ork big boss I've already got.

Last edited by philheckler; 25th May 2013 at 20:11.
philheckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2013, 23:20   #3679
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Played against nurgle marines today.. All nurgle.. ****ers are hard.

Harder than any marine should be! Three squads walked 24" with 30+ bolter shots a turn, las cannons, multi meltas, and assault cannons shot each turn and still made it to turn 6 with only one complete squad dead :/
Old 26th May 2013, 00:06   #3680
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
How ****ing big is the Dreadknight!!!!

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, white dwarf