bit-tech.net

Old 3rd May 2016, 16:02   #5461
Cerberus90
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Cerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCerberus90 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis1337 View Post
watched it about 5 times now on loop.... cant stop.

This will be a hardware seller for me. What ever it takes ill be upgrading to run this max

Edit: 6 times...

Careful you don't pull it off,

It's clips like these that make me think, why the hell hasn't someone made an awesome movie based on 40k. There's so much potential.
I know there was the Ultramarines one, which I have, but it wasn't that good, and the animation wasn't anywhere near the level of this trailer.

Cerberus90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 16:53   #5462
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The ONLY issue i take is going to be 3 factions ( my guess will be the others will be DLC )

but seriously...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:03   #5463
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
These games pretty much always start off against the Orks then stepping up to Eldar before leading onto something nastier behind the scenes. It would be nice to see something like an uneasy alliance with the Eldar or Tau.
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2016, 17:48   #5464
fix-the-spade
Mod Master

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post
The ONLY issue i take is going to be 3 factions ( my guess will be the others will be DLC )
Whilst they're saying three, I assume Chaos or Tyranids will be hiding in there somewhere. They'll need an over arching villain and Orcs for their Orkiness don't quite carry that.
Old 3rd May 2016, 18:13   #5465
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
well the Eldar narrating does say that a darkness is falling over the galaxy ( shadow of the warp perhaps hinting at the Tyranids ? ) and when i saw all the black specs falling from the sky my instant thought was ''HOLY GOD ITS A FULL SCALE TYRANID INVASION'' but then it was ''just'' bodies falling from.... Somewhere ? either way that Imperial Knight just makes me want this game Yesterday, and more Knights for my Knight force

also

Last edited by lilgoth89; 6th May 2016 at 21:51.
lilgoth89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2016, 22:19   #5466
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That is incredible, some people are way too quick off the mark.

I've been playing around with the new Orc figures. Today I made a warboss in 'eavy armour:

Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 12:24   #5467
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

Tau Barracuda gets a new upgrade

Interesting that the 2 long barreled burst cannon drones at the rear are replaced by mini ion canons ( possibly the same ones on the Ghostkeel ) and the nose getting the choice between High output burst cannon / Railgun or Ion cannon, Meaning this thing could be LETHAL vs Enemy air units. Total firepower for the all Ion loadout could well be 15 Str 7 shots. + the missiles + the 2 seeker missiles i would not like to be a flyer on the receiving end of that
Old 13th May 2016, 14:36   #5468
RedFlames
...is a figment of your imagination

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I quite like the old 'cuda... but i am liking the fact that the new one looks like a smaller tiger shark...

Looks quite flexible too -

All the ion cannons means it could be quite the Marine mincer... [would make it quite nasty against other aircraft too]
Add in the Railgun and it could be quite the big game hunter too...

RedFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2016, 16:17   #5469
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

^^ yeah im loving the multirole loadouts

also the heavy burst cannon makes it remind me of an A10 AKA armed to the teeth XD

what is everyone's thoughts on the new Flyer Suplement ? i dont like it tbh, Every marine player i know equpped Skyhammers on the talons and they IIRC they lose that in the supplament as they are ground attack aircraft, so if your after a marine fighter you need to go buy all new stuff ( just as planned perhaps ) and it adds a metric arse ton of new rules to an already bloated game system.
Old 13th May 2016, 18:18   #5470
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I thought the Death from the Skies extra crap was just like the old one - Optional?
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2016, 11:07   #5471
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

from what the book says it Replaces the rules in the rulebook, so it isnt optional ( house rules aside )

Tau Titan upgrades ( Dem missiles tho )
Old 14th May 2016, 14:11   #5472
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oh great.
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2016, 14:19   #5473
RedFlames

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I thought, like all of the add-ons it was '*if* you're using the rules in this book... they replace those in the rulebook [and apply to both players]... if not, well, does it matter?'

Old 14th May 2016, 15:47   #5474
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

Well after having a chin-wag with the chap that runs a GW store, its his understanding that the new rules will be mandatory in GW stores ( to encourage more sales of the book ), but FLGS may very well differ. also looking at the rules the Eldar flyers seem almost brokenly OP in comparison to their imperial counterparts ( fluffy maybe, but the Eldar dont exactly need more power ). He also said that the chances are, these rules will be in the Core rules in the next Edition of 40k

the way MWG see things its NOT optional
Old 14th May 2016, 17:04   #5475
RedFlames

I sit corrected...

Though I have to say **** like this is what puts me off re-engaging with 40k... Oh for the days when the rulebook and your chosen codex were enough...

Now it's rulebook... expansions... codex... supplement to your codex... supplement to that supplement... additional semi-codex because your army isn't worth of a full codex on it's own...

Old 14th May 2016, 21:20   #5476
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

^^ you missed Dataslates

but i dont think tbh i will most likely pick and choose what rules i enjoy playing with ( i play alot of games vs friends and the amount of house rules is quite funny... on first glance im tempted to keep the distinct Aircraft types, but drop the ''Dogfight'' phase, and instead just make the rule that the flyers have to move / shoot first in the respective phases ( would also fit into the way i used to play Apocalypse with both player turns happening at the same time ( albeit with rules to say which units go when, Fast Attack, Hq, Elites, Troops, Heavy Support, Super Heavy, Titan ) i could just donk the flyers at the start of that list. It made Apocalpyse far more enjoyable as it was less about who gets first turn and turns the enemy army into a moonscape.

Also an image from the next Imperial Armour book

This thing is gonna be nearly as big as a Warhound

Big Plasma derp

Last edited by lilgoth89; 15th May 2016 at 08:02.
lilgoth89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2016, 23:20   #5477
RedFlames

Might wanna whack those images on imgur or the like lilgoth, they're playing merry hell with the forum...

Old 15th May 2016, 08:03   #5478
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
Might wanna whack those images on imgur or the like lilgoth, they're playing merry hell with the forum...
Ta, Fixed
Old 15th May 2016, 22:01   #5479
RedFlames

That Acastus reminds me of Krang from TMNT...

Old 23rd May 2016, 18:47   #5480
RedFlames

So... related to my above comments about how n00b-unfriendly 40k now is, and out of some kind of morbid curiosity I roughed up what rules I'd need for my old 3e-5e Tau army [which happened to be a Farsight Enclaves force] and it came to 190 [!]

Nearly 200 just for the rules for an army... More if you tack on new stuff like Death from the Skies...

And it's not even immediately clear what books you need, is a simple 'the rules for x unit are in y book' too much to ask? I know the Ghostkeel and Stormsurge aren't in the main codex, I think they're in the 'Kauyon' book[s], but they could have been superseded by something else since... **** knows at this point...

I know 40k was never the cheapest hobby but that's taking the piss a bit...

EDIT: For reference the list of books was [as no doubt i'm missing some]

40k rulebook
Codex: Tau Empire
Farsight Enclaves supplement
Kauyon supplement
Mont'ka supplement

Last edited by RedFlames; 23rd May 2016 at 18:57.

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, white dwarf