bit-tech.net

Old 12th Jul 2016, 08:58   #5561
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almightyrastus View Post
Hehe, yeah. The swirls are from Nagash:

I have had the model kicking about for a while and not really done much with it. Always fancied turning one of the Wraithknights into a harlequin version and thought why not use some bits that I wasn't doing anything with.

I have to admit that I'm not really looking forward to painting the beast though, never been too much of a fan of painting the big stuff.
Understandable - There's a lot of blending to do on the swirly bits

It does look very harlequin-esque, though, definitely a worthwhile endeavour!
liratheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2016, 08:31   #5562
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan

Lira is your wallet Ready ?

one small thing i noticed about this ( Especially after seeing my friends old Titan ) is the level of detail in the instructions has gone up dramatically

Last edited by lilgoth89; 19th Jul 2016 at 09:37.
lilgoth89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2016, 12:42   #5563
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

liratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyanliratheal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgoth89 View Post

Lira is your wallet Ready ?

one small thing i noticed about this ( Especially after seeing my friends old Titan ) is the level of detail in the instructions has gone up dramatically
My wallet is already shaking in the corner and crying!

Yeah, the instructions are better now because it's moving over to mostly CAD designed kits, so they can print actual booklets and (I believe) make use of rapid prototyping and whatnot. It's all moving the right way for someone to hack into GW, steal the object files, and accidentally them to the internet..
Old 19th Jul 2016, 12:52   #5564
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Having experienced the level of secrecy and paranoia at GW's head office first hand, all those files are probably stored on a closed network with the only access being via 2 simultaneously turned keys, a voice print and the blood sacrifice of a junior staff member...

However, having said that, should a leak like that ever happen it would be the kick I would need to spend on a stereo-lithography type printer...
Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
Almightyrastus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th Jul 2016, 14:23   #5565
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
Having experienced the level of secrecy and paranoia at GW's head office first hand, all those files are probably stored on a closed network with the only access being via 2 simultaneously turned keys, a voice print and the blood sacrifice of a junior staff member...

However, having said that, should a leak like that ever happen it would be the kick I would need to spend on a stereo-lithography type printer...
I sincerely HOPE it's not on an internet connected network, but I also don't recall seeing two PC's on peoples desks when Rudge posts photos of things, so I doubt it is.

And yeah, holy **** if I could download a Warlord you better believe I'd have two.
Old 19th Jul 2016, 19:01   #5566
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

lilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyanlilgoth89 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
^^ well ive basically downloaded a Warhound ^_^

she just needs paint atm ( and for me to stop Tinkering with the design )

also

still need to get around to printing out the backback, but not bad quality ( 0.2mm layer height, but i can increase the number of layers down to about 0.05 with my printer, at the expense of speed )

i can print Thunderhawks, someone has recently posted a Thunderbolt Scan that i intend to clean up eventually

also up for Pre-order on a website is

looks rather familiar dont you think ?

also

Looks so cool i might pick this guy up and create a Statue out of him
Old 19th Jul 2016, 19:31   #5567
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

That Chaplain model deserves printing ~200mm tall and being used like the Space Marine statue.

Holy **** I'd love one of those that big.
Old 19th Jul 2016, 19:53   #5568
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

http://www.gambody.com/3d-models/chaplain-warhammer

many Photos there for you to have a gander at. $35

and i could have a go with my printer if you need anything running off ( hint hint )
Old 19th Jul 2016, 20:07   #5569
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Almightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming SaiyanAlmightyrastus is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
That Chaplain model deserves printing ~200mm tall and being used like the Space Marine statue.

Holy **** I'd love one of those that big.
Hell yes, I've been hanging my nose over one of those for ages.

/*edit*/

I'd also like to get my hands on all the add on bits to make one of these:

Lo there do I see my Father. Lo there do I see my Mother, and my Sisters and my Brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them, in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

Last edited by Almightyrastus; 20th Jul 2016 at 08:23.
Old 20th Jul 2016, 09:29   #5570
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Quote:
http://www.gambody.com/3d-models/chaplain-warhammer

many Photos there for you to have a gander at. $35

and i could have a go with my printer if you need anything running off ( hint hint )
Sadly, two things stop me;

1: I need to finish what I've already got before I buy more. I really need to curb my collecting built part painted models!

2: I'm spending money building stuff for living on/in/around at the moment and thirty notes is the difference between a bed frame and a pile of wood

Quote:
Hell yes, I've been hanging my nose over one of those for ages.

/*edit*/

I'd also like to get my hands on all the add on bits to make one of these:

If there were official rules for that monster I, too, would want one.
Old 20th Jul 2016, 09:31   #5571
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

After getting my pack of spray cans from Army Painter i am to say that the Blue is VERY dissapointing

the colour is spot on for what i was looking for, but the paint comes out as a powder ( even after 10 mins of shaking and a warm water bath ) the other 2 colours ( cream and red for the Titan ) came out much better. All in all i now have to spend a fair while scraping powder off a squad of marines ( oh the joy ) and looking for a new colour, Back to Humbrol most likely Tank Grey Matt
Old 20th Jul 2016, 10:15   #5572
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

I still swear by Halfords grey primer for the initial coat. I still use that if I am going to be painting from a black or white "undercoat". I just give it a very light dusting. I have tried the Humbrol yellow and silver on an Ork fighter that I was making and they came out really nicely, especially the silver, talk about tough. Once the yellow was over it I went mad with a scouring pad to get some scratching and the silver was barely touched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liratheal View Post
If there were official rules for that monster I, too, would want one.
It's all the little details that make me want the bits, things like the gothic arch shapes on the sponson housings and servo skull housing on the front as well as the Templar crosses on the frag packs on the front ramp.

Of course, additional assault cannons never hurt either...

Last edited by Almightyrastus; 20th Jul 2016 at 10:46.
Old 20th Jul 2016, 19:05   #5573
[ZiiP] NaloaC
I Mod, Therefore I Own

[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan[ZiiP] NaloaC is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Of course, additional assault cannons never hurt either...
Except those on the receiving end!

Sui Generis: i7 5820K, Corsair H105, 16GB Kingston 2133, ASUS X99-S, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M2, Samsung 850 1TB EVO, Corsair F3 120GB SSD & Samsung EVO 250GB SSD, MSI GTX 970, Corsair HX850W, Corsair Obsidian 800D, AOC 34", Logitech G15, Shogun Bros Ballista Mk-1, Corsair 1500.
[ZiiP] NaloaC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Jul 2016, 20:19   #5574
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

They love it, makes 'em dance
Old 20th Jul 2016, 21:01   #5575
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Old 2nd Aug 2016, 01:28   #5576
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

Quote:
After getting my pack of spray cans from Army Painter i am to say that the Blue is VERY dissapointing

the colour is spot on for what i was looking for, but the paint comes out as a powder ( even after 10 mins of shaking and a warm water bath ) the other 2 colours ( cream and red for the Titan ) came out much better. All in all i now have to spend a fair while scraping powder off a squad of marines ( oh the joy ) and looking for a new colour, Back to Humbrol most likely Tank Grey Matt
well i picked up this paint and was instantly VERY dissapointed, its basically Codex Grey...
NOT the colour in the image

but basically because i 'used' it i cant return it
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 07:33   #5577
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Have you tried the old standby, Halfords Grey Primer? It's pretty much all I use for a primer now, even if I am thn going to spray black or white. A couple of light coats and I get the smoothest surface yet, even better than a good coat of Chaos Black spray.
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 16:01   #5578
lilgoth89
Captin Calliope

i wasnt much after a primer, i wanted the advertised Colour ( not having access to an airbrush is a PITA )
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 16:56   #5579
Almightyrastus
Rule #9

Ahh got you now.
Old 5th Aug 2016, 09:34   #5580
liratheal
Sharing is Caring

Soooo.

Deathwatch is making a comeback.

Bye-bye wallet!

Tags
40k, games workshop, no skimlinks, say no to skimlinks, say yes to skimmed milk, white dwarf