bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming > Game Server

Old 23rd Nov 2011, 17:55   #81
FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!FuzzyOne - it's over 9000!!!!!!!!1!1!1!!!
I give up, I fail to see how people waiting to join the server is not on-topic, I'm not here to pull your backside in line with regards to the mini-modding, I wanted to see how this problem of not having enough slots could best be fixed.

But it appears any out of the box suggestion gets met with a one liner or backlash.
♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
FuzzyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 18:37   #82
fu manchu
I'll have the special.

fu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The solution to the server being full and having to wait for a slot if simple, as Wyx stated, it just requires patience.

What is not helpful is for someone to demand a slot, and when one is not available demand more slots to be added and if that, like in this current situation, cannot be done then basically stick 2 fingers up and say lets piss off and do our own thing.

The setup is what it is, use it, enjoy it. This is why the whole donation thing often falls on its arse as you get some people that have donated making certain demands that often cant be met.

The comments made by Wyx about mentioning it in the server forum were fair enough, it is simply rude to advertise or attempt to form a split on a communities own turf. In my mind he was nipping in the bud the possibilty of any further similar comments being made in the game server forum.

I hope this satifies your desire for a mod to comment.
fu manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 18:39   #83
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyOne View Post
I wanted to see how this problem of not having enough slots could best be fixed.
fair enough. you and me both. 64 players would be great given how popular the server currently is.

but i find it hard to swallow the use of wording such as "scrap". Fu couldn't have put it better, he found the word i was looking for. (appreciate)

the only out of box suggestion that gets dismissed is donating towards a 64 player server because i don't think that is feasible considering Dennis isn't paying MPUK for the server. and a community donation run server is certainly not out of the question, no one is preventing it from happening, just need one determined individual to fork out the initial sum.
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 19:20   #84
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu manchu View Post

*snip*
That's just it, when this server is full, do you really think people WAIT for HALF AN HOUR to join it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
and a community donation run server is certainly not out of the question, no one is preventing it from happening, just need one determined individual to fork out the initial sum.
Oh I see how it is, so what I said is not ok, and what wyx says here IS? Excuse me? I thought I just said the same thing? Sigh.
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 20:38   #85
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
you said scrap the current CPC server, which sounds rather bad considering how much effort Rogan, and CPC staff have put in to get us one.
Old 23rd Nov 2011, 23:53   #86
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
As Rogan has stated previously the 64 man server just isn't possible at this present moment due to the issues multiplay is having with 64 man servers and instability (iirc). Tbh I think we should be thankful for the 32 man server as it is free and gives us a chance to play with other people from this forum, which ultimately is where a lot of the enjoyment comes from.

Waiting a little bit isn't the end of the world because we can just play on a different server until a slot frees up on the CPC one - there are hundreds of servers out there, so being on a different one until it's feasible to hop onto the Bit-tech one is no problem.

- dracaXL / Dub
nchhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 01:25   #87
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
you said scrap the current CPC server, which sounds rather bad considering how much effort Rogan, and CPC staff have put in to get us one.
I said that because whenever anybody mentions turning the current server into a 64 man, it's just we can't do it, and stopping at the first obstacle. Surely it can't be THAT hard.
Old 24th Nov 2011, 09:30   #88
fu manchu
I'll have the special.

fu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyanfu manchu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheRotter View Post
I said that because whenever anybody mentions turning the current server into a 64 man, it's just we can't do it, and stopping at the first obstacle. Surely it can't be THAT hard.

It is THAT hard. If it becomes a possibility in the future, then I am sure everything that can be done to make it happen will. In the meantime just enjoy the current 32 player setup, everyone else seems to understand this. If you like the server and the people that play there, then the rare occasions you have to wait for a slot is worth it. Hop onto another server or go make a cup of tea whilst you wait.

I am getting the impression you could start a fight in an empty room

By all means use the forum to put ideas and suggestions forwards, but when faced with answers that dont meet with the ones you want to hear, accept that the setup is what it is for the time being and enjoy that, dont stick two fingers up at it and the people that have put it in place. If you feel you are capable of doing a better job then by all means go for it, good luck, but please dont use this game server section of the forum to do it.
fu manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Nov 2011, 17:24   #89
Fluidic
Multimodder

Fluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for presidentFluidic should be considered for president
Quote:
Originally Posted by fu manchu View Post
It is THAT hard. If it becomes a possibility in the future, then I am sure everything that can be done to make it happen will. In the meantime just enjoy the current 32 player setup, everyone else seems to understand this. If you like the server and the people that play there, then the rare occasions you have to wait for a slot is worth it. Hop onto another server or go make a cup of tea whilst you wait.

I am getting the impression you could start a fight in an empty room

By all means use the forum to put ideas and suggestions forwards, but when faced with answers that dont meet with the ones you want to hear, accept that the setup is what it is for the time being and enjoy that, dont stick two fingers up at it and the people that have put it in place. If you feel you are capable of doing a better job then by all means go for it, good luck, but please dont use this game server section of the forum to do it.
you have NO idea.
Fluidic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2011, 08:44   #90
Jake123456
Surprise!

Jake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming SaiyanJake123456 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluidic View Post
you have NO idea.
+1...

Come on too Mumble and feel his wrath...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending Credits View Post
If I ejaculated a 1.5TB HDD I'd probably do it again from the excitement.
Jake123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2011, 22:11   #91
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

to everyone on the server, JOIN THROUGH FRIENDS MUCH? So much for join through the server. From now on, f*** join through the server, I refuse to be what seems to be the only one who doesn't team stack. Coincidence the entire group of mumble is on one side? LOL. Anyway, good news is you won't have me around for two months. Peace.

Last edited by GregTheRotter; 25th Nov 2011 at 22:40.
GregTheRotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Nov 2011, 23:33   #92
Allsopp
What's a Dremel?

Allsopp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Didn't get chance to play tonight cause of Xmas lights being turned on so was busy at the pub

Even with a 64 man server people will still have to wait as most servers are always full to Max once you get ore than 20 players
Allsopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Nov 2011, 00:27   #93
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

The good news is, that the que system is now back. So it makes waiting for a slot easier.
Old 27th Nov 2011, 14:29   #94
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I'm away for a few days due to unavoidable last minute uni work, should be back by Thursday for some more tank carnage

*Might pop on later this evening for half an hour or so though!
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier

Last edited by nchhabs; 27th Nov 2011 at 15:11.
Old 28th Nov 2011, 10:06   #95
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

i've been out last few nights. will be back tonight

will be adding insane balancer to the server tonight. hopefully should make sure every game is as balanced as possible. (but won't fix if high scoring players leave, it happens)

note the bold parts. especially the part where end game score board will be post-balance. don't worry, stats are uploaded immediately after round finish, you still won that round.

everyone is equal, so randomers, clans or regulars will all get balanced. this is a public server that treats everyone equal.

Quote:
Insane Balancer v0.0.0.4 (2 components):

1. Live Balancer: This checks for even teams every 15 seconds and will move the last player who joined.

pros:
  • It ensures we have even teams which the Dice autobalancer doesnt seem to be very efficient at doing
  • It will only move the last player who joined and is set to not move clanmates or break up squads unless it has no choice.
    we can add players and clans to a whitelist -won't be using whitelist, everyone's equal
cons:
  • If you join on your buddy and the teams become uneven then you will be swapped over almost as soon as you join. Not ideal, but better than having uneven teams. You can get around this by joining with your clantag.
  • If someone on the other team crashes and your team then has 2 more players it will swap the last person on your team who joined even if he has been playing since the beginning of the round. Again, the clan-tag should stop this happening for us at least.
2. Round balancer:
This will completely re-shuffle the teams to put clan-mates together and then it will shuffle the rest of the players based on their overall battlelog score per minute.

pros:
  • It will create evenly balanced games and you should have less complaints from people who would otherwise end up on a weaker team
  • Clanmates will be moved into the same team (see cons below) - Can turn this off
  • Balancing by clans can be turned off so it will only rely on battlelog stats - we get better balanced games then but at the cost of splitting clans between teams.
  • Clanmates will automatically be put into squads together - Can turn this off
  • It is set to round-balance at the end of 2 rounds of rush so you dont end up defending twice - Can be set to balance after x number of rounds
cons:
  • Since Dice dont allow the server to pause or go into a wait-state then the players have to be shuffled once the round ends rather than at the start of the round. At the moment this is moving people before the scoreboard shows up which might **** people off who think that their stats have been affected - this doesnt happen, the stats are sent to Battlelog immediately after the round ends so your win/loss count is not affected even if the scorebaord shows you on the wrong team.
  • Keeping all clanmates on the one side is probably a bit unfair to the others on TS but turning it off is going to annoy people too.
  • The round balancer wont work if the server is full as there is no "neutral" team in BF3 so it cant shuffle unless someone gets kicked. The plugin author is going to try and fix this by kicking idle players after the round ends..
Old 28th Nov 2011, 12:02   #96
Allsopp
What's a Dremel?

Allsopp has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
i've been out last few nights. will be back tonight

will be adding insane balancer to the server tonight. hopefully should make sure every game is as balanced as possible. (but won't fix if high scoring players leave, it happens)

note the bold parts. especially the part where end game score board will be post-balance. don't worry, stats are uploaded immediately after round finish, you still won that round.

everyone is equal, so randomers, clans or regulars will all get balanced. this is a public server that treats everyone equal.

So this will also separate squads then i take it?
Allsopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Nov 2011, 12:37   #97
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Test it out Wyx, looking forward to the changes. hopefully i can get on tonight but not likely....
Old 28th Nov 2011, 12:51   #98
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Wait what..so this balancer, puts people with the cpc tag on the one side? So it's a team stacker first balancer second? I probably haven't understood, but anyway.
Old 28th Nov 2011, 12:55   #99
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Quote:
Wait what..so this balancer, puts people with the cpc tag on the one side? So it's a team stacker first balancer second? I probably haven't understood, but anyway.
The bold bit reads that there is no whitelist, so the CPC players would be scrambled along with everyone else.

After this has happened, I assume players with the same clan tag on the same side are then placed in the same squad, but I may be wrong about the squad ordering.
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier
Old 28th Nov 2011, 13:10   #100
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allsopp View Post
So this will also separate squads then i take it?
it should. didn't mention it, but to have it work correctly, it probably will.

Quote:
there is an option to do this, but won't be enabled.

i think after balancing, people will have to manually find squads. or it will randomly put people into squads. not sure until we've had a test.