bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming > Game Server

Old 5th Dec 2011, 15:48   #121
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
wasn't directed at you, Deadbolt, it's just some complain i got:
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...01#post2894501
Old 5th Dec 2011, 15:52   #122
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
wasn't directed at you, Deadbolt, it's just some complain i got:
http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthrea...01#post2894501
Anyone know how to look at older battle reports? I remember a Tehran Highway game where someone drove up to the enemy spawn in a tank (not sure whether it was that player or not).

Wyx, for clarification, if they're in a tank then they are allowed outside enemy spawn firing in, but if it's an air vehicle then it's not allowed? (cf. the main thread)

Also, looking forward to the patch tomorrow, min players goes back down to sensible levels so should be a lot easier to get the server going!
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier

Last edited by nchhabs; 5th Dec 2011 at 16:29.
nchhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:18   #123
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Woot, new patch is out and installed. Does this mean we can lower the starting player limit back to 1?
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:23   #124
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
already done (at least i changed it on Multiplay, and ProCon reads it as 1)

idle map, as always, will be Kharg island for air vehicle practising.

not all plugin have been enabled though, i will come on the server tonight and enable them one by one. hopefully won't be any compatibility issues.
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:24   #125
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchhabs View Post
Woot, new patch is out and installed. Does this mean we can lower the starting player limit back to 1?
Will be coming shortly, just doing some stuff organising my room a little, it's a mess lol

Can't wait till January get the bigger room as my sister/her fella and my neice move into thier own place lol
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:36   #126
Orca
Ultramodder

Orca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Gotta say guys last night's matches were pretty fun but could do without the Rush maps to be honest! Conquest ftw
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:38   #127
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juppun View Post
Gotta say guys last night's matches were pretty fun but could do without the Rush maps to be honest! Conquest ftw
The Damavand Peak rush map was great because both sides had vehicles, but the Caspian Border third tier seemed a bit one sided to me, but that may be because I had nfi what was happening. Might need to play a bit more rush to get my head around how the maps change/tactics change - especially if we're going to have 2 rush rounds against ATID. Then again, if we pick a Rush map that has tanks...
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:44   #128
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

Quote:
it was by popular request on mumble. don't worry, it's primarily a conquest server. in the future, if people ask for Rush, we'll limit it to 1 map (2 rounds) per night.
Old 6th Dec 2011, 15:54   #129
Orca
Ultramodder

Orca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
The Damavand Peak rush map was great because both sides had vehicles, but the Caspian Border third tier seemed a bit one sided to me, but that may be because I had nfi what was happening. Might need to play a bit more rush to get my head around how the maps change/tactics change - especially if we're going to have 2 rush rounds against ATID. Then again, if we pick a Rush map that has tanks...
True, Damavand is fun provided the attackers don't just sniper all the time in the hills - I think that's what usually puts me off the map the most on other servers. As for Caspian well, I had more fun being one of your Huey gunners tbh

Quote:
it was by popular request on mumble. don't worry, it's primarily a conquest server. in the future, if people ask for Rush, we'll limit it to 1 map (2 rounds) per night.
No worries, happy to play Rush if it's the popular vote What's the general consensus on Metro for Rush? It's not bad from Stage 2 onwards.
Old 6th Dec 2011, 16:02   #130
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Quote:
True, Damavand is fun provided the attackers don't just sniper all the time in the hills - I think that's what usually puts me off the map the most on other servers. As for Caspian well, I had more fun being one of your Huey gunners tbh
Hahaha, yeah that was a lot of fun! I remember Wyx's frustration over the fact our chopper refused to go down - I think we took out Lassar's jet a few times as well. Storm was doing great on repairs as well - kept us alive for the entire duration of the round.

@Wyx, just realised now that we've got a reminder text every few mins on the server, perhaps we could also have one with the Mumble details? Might amp numbers even more in the channel and encourage people who don't read the forums to hop on.

Last edited by nchhabs; 6th Dec 2011 at 16:43.
Old 6th Dec 2011, 17:24   #131
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
There's a plugin to automatically handle ingame voip. It works with mumble.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...l-sl-voip.html

Am I late to the party with this one?
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2011, 20:13   #132
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
No, if it works this would be the best thing ever.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Dec 2011, 20:22   #133
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
There's a plugin to automatically handle ingame voip. It works with mumble.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/battlef...l-sl-voip.html

Am I late to the party with this one?
nice find! thanks. this seems very useful.
(linked to here from that thread: http://www.tssync.net/)
Old 6th Dec 2011, 20:41   #134
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Rogz, any ideas about how we go about installing this?

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2011, 00:57   #135
Digi
The not-so-funny Cockney

Digi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming SaiyanDigi is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks for the few games tonight guys. Server seemed to be performing better than previously for me and the unusual lag feeling was gone so I could hit everybody and ended up in a squad with Deadbolt that went very well and ended up 2nd or so. Now just to get on Mumble.. After playing on the CS:S server for at least 2-3 years it would be nice to put voices to names!

A member of a mystical group of master-gamers. Find them hiding at www.tunedgaming.co.uk
Digi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Dec 2011, 16:54   #136
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Rogz, any ideas about how we go about installing this?
It needs a working mumble configuration, and then you can run the app from anywhere.
Old 7th Dec 2011, 17:08   #137
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

it seems to need to setup Ice API on murmur server, which i am struggling with at the moment. seems easy enough for BF3 side with RCON configuration.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Ice
i've added first 2 code snippets to murmur.ini, that's all i've got to. all those PHP talk went straight over my head.

have posted a question on mumble's sourceforge website. hopefully people will help me out.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mu....php?f=5&t=671
Old 7th Dec 2011, 17:56   #138
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Anyone know how to look at older battle reports? I remember a Tehran Highway game where someone drove up to the enemy spawn in a tank (not sure whether it was that player or not).
I think they've chosen to discard old battle reports, I've been inactive for ~2 weeks and none of them could be found. Looks like you'll have to deal with anything ricky tick in the future.
Old 7th Dec 2011, 19:58   #139
Rogan
Not really a

Good job Wyx, doing better than me. I gave up at the Ice bit.
Old 8th Dec 2011, 01:20   #140
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Quote:
it seems to need to setup Ice API on murmur server, which i am struggling with at the moment. seems easy enough for BF3 side with RCON configuration.

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Ice
i've added first 2 code snippets to murmur.ini, that's all i've got to. all those PHP talk went straight over my head.

have posted a question on mumble's sourceforge website. hopefully people will help me out.
http://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/mu....php?f=5&t=671
I think if you have shell access to the gameserver you need to install the IcePHP extension and then configure it to talk to murmur. I think you'd need to have root access to install this though.