bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming > Game Server

Old 29th Feb 2012, 07:59   #181
Lassar
Lean Mean Fighting Machine !

Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.
Agree with Draca about the balance for B2K maps. However the ability to play them on the server would be good ?!?!?! We only seem to be able to vote on the same old Vanilla maps. Lets get some Karkand in there and some other modes? Drop Tehran Highway please ! Have I still got ProCon access?
Intel i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz P95 Stable under EK Supremacy :: 6Gb Corsair Dominator @ DDR1600 8-8-8-23 2T :: MSi R9 290 4Gb DDR5 with EK Waterblock and Backplate @ 1075Mhz Core 1350 Memory :: Corsair 800D :: XSPC RX240 v3 :: XSPC RX360 v3
Lassar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 09:11   #182
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassar View Post
Agree with Draca about the balance for B2K maps. However the ability to play them on the server would be good ?!?!?! We only seem to be able to vote on the same old Vanilla maps. Lets get some Karkand in there and some other modes? Drop Tehran Highway please ! Have I still got ProCon access?
Yeah dropping Tehran might be a good idea due to its unpopularity. Regarding Procon, I think it's only Votick, Wyx and Rogan for now and donaters have in-game admin.
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier
nchhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 09:29   #183
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votick View Post
B2K maps are not 64 man. Only 24.
All the B2K maps are 64 player..... you must be playing on Xbox!

They should definitely be in there, they are IMHO the best maps to play on!

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 12:41   #184
Lassar

Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.Lassar is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
All the B2K maps are 64 player..... you must be playing on Xbox!

They should definitely be in there, they are IMHO the best maps to play on!

I dont doubt they're in there however there is no option to vote for them. Generally the options are.

Metro, Caspian, Seine, Tehran, Kharg.

There are no options to vote for B2K maps.
Intel i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz P95 Stable under EK Supremacy :: 6Gb Corsair Dominator @ DDR1600 8-8-8-23 2T :: MSi R9 290 4Gb DDR5 with EK Waterblock and Backplate @ 1075Mhz Core 1350 Memory :: Corsair 800D :: XSPC RX240 v3 :: XSPC RX360 v3
Old 29th Feb 2012, 12:43   #185
Lassar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchhabs View Post
Yeah dropping Tehran might be a good idea due to its unpopularity. Regarding Procon, I think it's only Votick, Wyx and Rogan for now and donaters have in-game admin.
Hear you there about the admins however are they ('with the greatest of respect') gonna grace us with their presence? Same old faces on each night attempting to get a name for our shiny new server.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 13:08   #186
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
you called?

i've only helped set it up. im not an admin anymore. playing singleplayer games now or some BFBC2 since recon class in that actually makes sense.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 13:32   #187
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchhabs View Post
Seems I'll have to get my Tehran kicks elsewhere! Why don't people like it?
Old 29th Feb 2012, 13:36   #188
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
We CPC Regs try our best in the evening to seed the server, but it seems sometimes this doesnt go to plan. It is unknown as to why people leave the server at certain times. Sometimes it's due to time getting on and others the servers empties because of map choice and mode. Also having what amounts to a clan all playing on the server also doesn't help.

I'm not sure what the team shuffle plugin is set to. Kills/SPM/SquadScore etc but we as regs always seem to be top of the board whether we win or lose. This is because of Mumble mostly. As after all the hours we have put into playing together we know each others movements and style of play.

I suggest we drop CPC Clan Tags at least till we get a high volume of favourites from non CPC players. That way it appears as coincidence in regards the teams and squads that are playing together.

I know when we go to random servers we like to play on the same side. Though it si fun to fight against each other too.
Worth starting a thread to find out the real reason why people leave? Then we can address the issues. Obv, people leave because of sleep, food, other commitments etc. but maybe listing out the in game problems: Unbalanced teams, map changes, mode changes, abuse, spawn raping, hacks etc?
Old 29th Feb 2012, 13:47   #189
Orca
Ultramodder

Orca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Server seems pretty busy at the moment! What did we do lol? Or has word got out now that our server is awesome
Old 29th Feb 2012, 14:00   #190
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah I've been watching, saw it at 61 players a little while ago. Still getting a high turnover, especially at end of round when the rats do one and the live balancer goes mad. Might be worth a try just using the end of round balancer and living with having deserters at the 11th. Edit - That is if it exacerbates the issue.

Op Metro: "josiso - ****ing rpg & m320 lammers - 2012-02-29 14:01:41 - Global"

Last edited by Jester_612; 29th Feb 2012 at 14:08.
Jester_612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:03   #191
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.nchhabs is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester_612 View Post
Yeah I've been watching, saw it at 61 players a little while ago. Still getting a high turnover, especially at end of round when the rats do one and the live balancer goes mad. Might be worth a try just using the end of round balancer and living with having deserters at the 11th. Edit - That is if it exacerbates the issue.

Op Metro: "josiso - ****ing rpg & m320 lammers - 2012-02-29 14:01:41 - Global"
I started seeding it at around 11am this morning and somehow a bunch of people joined and we had some hilarious games with the server almost maxed for multiple rounds. Great fun! The adaptive server size seems to be working well.
Core i7 2600k w. Noctua NH-D14 :: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 :: 8GB XMS3 RAM @ 1600 mhz :: 2x GTX Titan (SLI) :: Cooler Master Cosmos II :: Silverstone Strider 1000W :: Dell U2711 :: Musical Fidelity M1-DAC[A] :: KRK VXT 6 :: KRK 10S :: B&W P5 :: ELAC Floorstanders :: CEC CD 3800 :: CEC 3800 Amplifier
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:32   #192
thefriscokid
why s**t so crazy?

thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.thefriscokid is definitely a rep cheat.
Perhapas Metro should be the first map in rotation followed by a b2k map, a bf3 map and so on.

Metro
Karkand
Seine
Metro
Wake Island
Bazaar
Metro
Sharqi
Canals
i5 2500K | 8 GB Corsair Vengence | MSI GTX560TI | Asus P8P67 Pro B3 | Crucial M4 64 GB SSD | 2x Samsung F3 1TB | Antec TP 750W | Lian Li A05 | Win 7 Pro 64-Bit | Logitech Z-5500 5.1 THX | Filco Ninja TKL | Razer DeathAdder | Dell U2410M | Senn PC360
battlelog: thefriscokid - bf3s - xbox live: JAS82
thefriscokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 15:57   #193
Orca
Ultramodder

Orca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the DremelOrca has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefriscokid View Post
Perhapas Metro should be the first map in rotation followed by a b2k map, a bf3 map and so on.

Metro
Karkand
Seine
Metro
Wake Island
Bazaar
Metro
Sharqi
Canals
Surely the use of our votemap plugin renders a map order redundant? I like the selection though, could use a bit of Gulf of Oman too ^^

Also, woah full house at the moment. Let's hope it stays that way
Old 29th Feb 2012, 16:23   #194
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefriscokid View Post

Metro
Karkand
Seine
Metro
Wake Island
Bazaar
Metro
Sharqi
Canals
a maplist like that would only play these:

Metro
Karkand
Seine

BF3 has a bug where any repeated map would make it go back to first instance in its map list.

so vote for metro using the votemap plugin
Old 29th Feb 2012, 17:49   #195
CrazyJoe
Ultramodder

CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.CrazyJoe is definitely a rep cheat.
Nice to see the server full but here comes the 1st complaint...

Full team + 2 locked squads with only 2 folk in them = sadface, I can't join a squad! Is there a plugin to get round this?

Also, is there a way to donate other than paypal? I hate them but I'm more than happy to pay for the server since I'll be in it most of the time. Not bothered about having a say in things, I'm sure you know what you're doing.

EDIT: Great, kicked for being inactive and I'm back in a queue, better then being empty though.

Last edited by CrazyJoe; 29th Feb 2012 at 17:51. Reason: Becuase I wanted to edit the post!
CrazyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 17:52   #196
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoe View Post
Nice to see the server full but here comes the 1st complaint...

Full team + 2 locked squads with only 2 folk in them = sadface, I can't join a squad! Is there a plugin to get round this?

Also, is there a way to donate other than paypal? I hate them but I'm more than happy to pay for the server since I'll be in it most of the time. Not bothered about having a say in things, I'm sure you know what you're doing.

EDIT: Great, kicked for being inactive and I'm back in a queue, better then being empty though.
Locked Squads is either on purpose or by mistake or the BF3 Squad Locking bug that happens every so often. Nothing we can do about it. I'm sure some players may be kicked to accomadate regs and those that donated.

That depending on the admins and how long you wait in queue!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 18:26   #197
Telltale Boy
Designated CPC Jetwhore

Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.Telltale Boy is definitely a rep cheat.
Ok we can please please please get rid of fast vehicle spawn? I feel like the original game was balanced without it for a reason. If you manage to destroy a vehicle you've earned a respite from having to deal with it and should be able to move onto other things like capping.

We had a ridiculous time on Seine on Sunday when we'd capped a but the enemy's lav kept harassing us. Every time we took it down or spawned and was back on us within 15 allowing my squad to do little else.

Also as a jet pilot I want to be able to take out the ground forces and actually help my team to win. However at the moment I find even if I manage to take out both enemy jets, if I start trying to concentrate on anything else I usually get a new jet on my tail 10 seconds later who'll shoot me down from behind. It makes flying against jets and an lav impossible as you rarely have enough time to concentrate on the lav.

Sorry if this sounds like a bit of a rant but this really frustrates me in any server and usually ends up with me removing it from my favourites.
Old 29th Feb 2012, 18:28   #198
Rogan
Not really a

Rogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming SaiyanRogan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassar View Post
Hear you there about the admins however are they ('with the greatest of respect') gonna grace us with their presence? Same old faces on each night attempting to get a name for our shiny new server.

I always thought we were keeping the admins from the old server?

Can we keep the admins from the old server.
Rogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 18:36   #199
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

just had a look at the plugins, you've enabled Insane Balancer's live-balancing feature, so True Balancer is redundant. everything else looks good

is there a way to cut down server's use of chat box? i know in BFBC2 days, some people didn't like constant stream of server messages. they'll turn off chatbox, which is counter-productive for teamwork.

regarding Telltale's comment:
personally, i favour vanilla Battlefield, so i would run server with 100% tickets and all stock setting. but that's just my person opinion, and i've not been on the server at all......

re Rogan:
currently, Admins are those on the first page of this thread except Fludic. but i thought it's anyone who've donated above a certain amount get kick/ban privileges?

that status website on page 9 is awesome. just seen Draca having trouble kicking a cheater, then the kill-rate checker plugin came in and kicked the cheater.

Last edited by wuyanxu; 29th Feb 2012 at 18:53.
wuyanxu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th Feb 2012, 18:57   #200
nchhabs
www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
just had a look at the plugins, you've enabled Insane Balancer's live-balancing feature, so True Balancer is redundant. everything else looks good

is there a way to cut down server's use of chat box? i know in BFBC2 days, some people didn't like constant stream of server messages. they'll turn off chatbox, which is counter-productive for teamwork.

regarding Telltale's comment:
personally, i favour vanilla Battlefield, so i would run server with 100% tickets and all stock setting. but that's just my person opinion, and i've not been on the server at all......

re Rogan:
currently, Admins are those on the first page of this thread except Fludic. but i thought it's anyone who've donated above a certain amount get kick/ban privileges?

that status website on page 9 is awesome. just seen Draca having trouble kicking a cheater, then the kill-rate checker plugin came in and kicked the cheater.
Yeah really irritating, ban isn't working for me.