bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 23rd Jun 2012, 04:48   #101
hamza_tm
I Mod, Therefore I Own

hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
From the options you are considering, the Filco is far and away the best one period. By quite a margin, too.

By the best the first time round and it will last you for ever

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown (White Filco caps) | Zowie AM | Sennheiser PC360 | Razer Sphex
hamza_tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 08:34   #102
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
As Hamza said, go for the best first time round!

Sounds like browns will be best for you, where in the UK are you based?

The Corsair mixes mechanical and rubber dome keys so I would avoid that one! It uses red switches which makes typing hard for some as they are so light and easy to actuate.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 12:41   #103
Virus44
Supermodder

Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.Virus44 is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
What key switches do cyborg use for their keyboards ?
Virus44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 13:04   #104
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Which keyboards? I was under the impression that they were all rubber dome keyboards (i.e. not 'switches' as such)
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 13:34   #105
GeorgeStorm
Aggressive PC Builder

GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.GeorgeStorm is definitely a rep cheat.
Yeah they don't have any mechanicals from what I know.

Don't disregard reds, I used them for a while, and after an initial breaking in period so to speak, I found them fine for typing aswell as gaming, your fingers (atleast mine seem to) get used to whichever switch you're using and as a result start using less/more force etc.
I mean, when I started using this board with blacks I was missing the odd key, whereas I now bottom out all of the time pretty much, and it's awesome
GeorgeStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 14:07   #106
Zurechial
Elitist

Zurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run CrysisZurechial can run Crysis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamza_tm View Post
From the options you are considering, the Filco is far and away the best one period. By quite a margin, too.

By the best the first time round and it will last you for ever
Quote:
Originally Posted by longweight View Post
As Hamza said, go for the best first time round!
I was kindof expecting you guys to say that!

Quote:
Sounds like browns will be best for you, where in the UK are you based?
Yeah I think Browns will suit me best, too. I'm not in the UK; I'm in Ireland, but Irish tech retailers are generally either useless, expensive or stock only mainstream products; so I tend to order my hardware from the UK or mainland Europe.

Quote:
The Corsair mixes mechanical and rubber dome keys so I would avoid that one! It uses red switches which makes typing hard for some as they are so light and easy to actuate.
Oh, didn't know that - Both of those factors have put me right off the Corsair, now.. Looks like it's going to be the Filco, then!
Cheers guys.
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 14:21   #107
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Another Filco Keyboard Club member. Though does it count if you don't use key mods? I may look for some different keys! Not sure as to which ones though!
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 14:40   #108
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
How about a Hammer and Sickle escape key?
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 14:52   #109
hamza_tm
I Mod, Therefore I Own

hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.hamza_tm is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
There's no pressure in keyboards guys! If you want custom caps then feel free, if you really aren't bothered then do whatever you want. As long as you are satisfied, that's the aim of the game

CM Storm Quickfire Rapid MX Brown (White Filco caps) | Zowie AM | Sennheiser PC360 | Razer Sphex
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 15:11   #110
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Very true, i am going to hold my impulse buying in check for a few months! See got these MX Browns perform and go from there!
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 15:18   #111
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
^ I need to do the same a bit! (Have put myself down for some of Longweight's caps though... damn...) Enjoy the new board!
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 15:20   #112
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I spent money out of my savings which i haven't told my girlfriend about. Luckily i don't live with get so she won't know. Replacing the money end of the month. If i find key caps that i like i may buy them xD
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 15:32   #113
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

lol
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 20:35   #114
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

I'm sure that I had always intended to spend my money on keyboards... I think that was the plan anyway!
Old 23rd Jun 2012, 20:46   #115
hamza_tm
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDomRocks View Post
..i don't live with get so...
Nice typo. You, my friend are definitely using a smartphone!!

Old 23rd Jun 2012, 20:47   #116
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

I always intend to save money but end up spending it. First full months wages on my last job, i blew a chunk in a full gaming rig. Now need to save and also buy nice things! This keyboard is the start of a slippery slope!
Old 25th Jun 2012, 21:19   #117
Grimloon
Hypermodder

Grimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpitGrimloon is almost as Godly as yodasarmpit
I know it's probably heresy here and I may be burnt at the stake for saying so but I've spent more on keyboards and caps in the last six months than I have on the rest of my rig
Grimloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Jun 2012, 21:21   #118
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

Join the club. Within the next six weeks I probably will have spent as much as I initially spent on my rig!
Old 26th Jun 2012, 14:05   #119
Krikkit
Super Moderator

Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.Krikkit is definitely a rep cheat.
Stickified this thread for a while, since we're in the middle of Mech fever. (Or I am, at least)
Old 26th Jun 2012, 14:06   #120
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.

Thanks Krikkit, I have been very slack since starting this and I need to add lots more information!

Have you received your board yet?

Tags
cherry, filco, keyboard, mechanical, say yes to skimmed milk, wasd