bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 2nd Jul 2014, 19:24   #181
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Instead of calling Elite: Dangerous they should have just called it Elite: Now With More Awesome.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 09:12   #182
LeeBoy123
Minimodder

LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.LeeBoy123 is definitely a rep cheat.
This is the only game I've been looking forward to the last few years, when I heard about it on kickstarter I felt like a kid at Christmas
LeeBoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 10:22   #183
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well worth a watch as he talks about many of the upcoming features and design choices.

http://youtu.be/ygTgA_Y-m2Q
GravitySmacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd Jul 2014, 12:39   #184
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

GravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming SaiyanGravitySmacked is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Keynote with David Braben, CEO, Frontier Developments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYhoFYIWmw

Another good watch.
Old 4th Jul 2014, 09:04   #185
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Stuff from Newsletter #30:

Crime and Punishment
Beta 1 sees significant new code systems added that allow authority ships protect law abiding pilots and respond better to crime.

If an authority ship or space station witnesses a crime (it takes place within its radar range), it is “detected” and reported. A number of police vessels will then target the offender and attack. If there are not enough ships available, reinforcements will be called and will hyperspace jump in after a short delay.

If a crime is only reported by the victim, it is classed as “undetected”. In this case, a number of police vessels will be dispatched to the area and scan ships for criminal behaviour. If any is detected, they will attack. Reinforcements will be called in should the threat be large enough to require it.

Crime response is generally carried out by Faulcon de Lacy Viper Mk IIs. It is effective, but not instantaneous. The size and timing of the response is based on the security level of the jurisdiction you are in and the danger level posed by the offender (both bounty level and ship threat).

No-fire zones around star ports stations will become more meaningful in Beta 1, too. The no-fire zone represents the reach of the starport, both in terms of safety and detection, and any crimes committed within the zone are detected. This does NOT include crimes that need a scan to be detected, such as carrying illegal cargo.

Once a crime is detected, if the starport’s own security detail isn’t close enough to respond, then fast response units are dispatched to rain vengeance on any criminal elements in the area!

Fines are also being introduced, to give the authorities a proportionate level of response rather than shooting to kill regardless of the severity of a crime. Minor crimes and non-threatening infractions will incur a fine, which can be paid off to your local space station authority representative.

If you don’t pay off your fines, they will initially attract compound interest and then, once the authorities lose patience with your tardiness they will be converted into a bounty, and lead to you being hunted down.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2014, 11:41   #186
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
Stuff from Newsletter #30:

Crime and Punishment
Sounds like a good system.

Would be interesting to know, if we can fight off the police-vessels and jump to another system and hide. This way we could have a scout, whos not taking part in the crime itself, but only looks for targets, and when a target is spotted calls in the cavalry.

You get the drift where I'm going with this.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jul 2014, 12:51   #187
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs77 View Post
Sounds like a good system.

Would be interesting to know, if we can fight off the police-vessels and jump to another system and hide. This way we could have a scout, whos not taking part in the crime itself, but only looks for targets, and when a target is spotted calls in the cavalry.

You get the drift where I'm going with this.
I would have thought you could! Would place a pretty bounty on your head though

Given that its quite a bit further along, E: Dangerous is garnering more of my attention than SC at the moment!

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog

Last edited by Parge; 4th Jul 2014 at 14:37.
Old 4th Jul 2014, 13:45   #188
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Totally gaining my attention atm aswell, as SC is just so far away in comparison.

Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
Old 5th Jul 2014, 17:19   #189
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySmacked View Post
Keynote with David Braben, CEO, Frontier Developments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOYhoFYIWmw

Another good watch.
Tough crowd. I've seen more lively post-mortems.

Old 6th Jul 2014, 20:18   #190
rainbowbridge
Banned

rainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyanrainbowbridge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Whats the best way to learn the game ins and outs, I have this game but I have no idea how to do any thing, is there any recommended reading or training lessons?
rainbowbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th Jul 2014, 20:38   #191
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Play the original ELITE. Even if only once. It's a rite of passage.

Old 7th Jul 2014, 08:36   #192
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbridge View Post
Whats the best way to learn the game ins and outs, I have this game but I have no idea how to do any thing, is there any recommended reading or training lessons?
There are some useful tips over on the Elite Dangerous subbreddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/

And some beginners tips here:

http://ragingteapot.blogspot.co.uk/

But the best way is just to get stuck in and learn it as you go along and maybe check out some youtube videos of the different play styles.
Old 7th Jul 2014, 19:37   #193
Parge
the worst

TIL: David Braben loves space and the universe A LOT.

Old 7th Jul 2014, 20:02   #194
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Play the original ELITE. Even if only once. It's a rite of passage.
I did. On a BBC Model B. When it first launched. Now get off my lawn!
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2014, 13:21   #195
jrs77
theorycrafting

Should I grab the Premium Beta?

Watching videos of both Elite and SC over the last two days I really have become more interested in Elite currently, as the slower combat is much more to my liking.

Old 9th Jul 2014, 13:48   #196
ThirtyQuidKid
Supermodder

ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.ThirtyQuidKid is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:

Watching videos of both Elite and SC over the last two days I really have become more interested in Elite currently, as the slower combat is much more to my liking.
Thinking the same....... But I am confused......

ELITE: DANGEROUS - PREMIUM BETA 100.00

ELITE: DANGEROUS - STANDARD BETA 50.00

ELITE: DANGEROUS - EXPANSION PASS 35.00

The standard Beta + Expansion pass works out 15 cheaper than premium Beta so what extra do you get with premium other than playing now instead of waiting till 29th July....

What am I missing ????
ThirtyQuidKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2014, 13:56   #197
jrs77
theorycrafting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirtyQuidKid View Post
Thinking the same....... But I am confused......

ELITE: DANGEROUS - PREMIUM BETA 100.00

ELITE: DANGEROUS - STANDARD BETA 50.00

ELITE: DANGEROUS - EXPANSION PASS 35.00

The standard Beta + Expansion pass works out 15 cheaper than premium Beta so what extra do you get with premium other than playing now instead of waiting till 29th July....

What am I missing ????
Nothing really. The Premium-Beta only grants earlier access and beta-multiplayer.

Old 9th Jul 2014, 14:47   #198
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:

No. The PB phase is ending shortly (mid July) and moving to the normal Beta. So get that.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Jul 2014, 15:56   #199
jrs77
theorycrafting

Yeah, after seeing that Standard Beta gets launched on 29th this month I came to the same conclusion.

Should've read all the details first

Old 9th Jul 2014, 16:02   #200
GravitySmacked
Mostly Harmless

The only thing is the standard beta doesn't come with the lifetime DLC offer as far as I know.

Tags
aha! it's christmas time!, friendship drive charging, my god it's full of stars, parge is feathers!, say yes to skimmed milk