bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Recreation > Gaming

Old 4th Jan 2013, 11:39   #81
Cei
pew pew pew

Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.Cei is definitely a rep cheat.
Funded and made the stretch goal for a Mac version. I think they'll hit the £1.5m stretch as well for more ships, but that's about it.
Cei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 11:46   #82
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cei View Post
Funded and made the stretch goal for a Mac version. I think they'll hit the £1.5m stretch as well for more ships, but that's about it.
Yeah - there has been a lot of momentum in the last couple of days, but once KS closes I don't think the Paypal pledges will gather much more.

It's weird that this is happening - so many conversations I have had with people over the years about whether there will ever be another Elite (mostly ending in negative conclusions) and now it is really happening!

What a wonderful thing Kickstarter is!

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Jedra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 17:12   #83
GreatOldOne
Wannabe Martian

GreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming SaiyanGreatOldOne is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm in - Commander GOO, reporting for duty.
"Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you."
- Carl Sagan

A GOO-ster is Born - Build Diary RSS I'm a Great Oakley product tester! My purpose built testing centre
GreatOldOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th Jan 2013, 18:55   #84
Jedra
Supermodel

Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jedra is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Last video diary and a great update...

ASUS P6X58D-E - Intel Core i7 930 - Thermaltake FRIO - 12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8) - Corsair AX1200 - 2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC - 256Gb Crucial SSD - X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W
Steam Profile ---------- XBL:Jedra ---------- PSN:Jedra ---------- BF3:Jedra7609 & Jedra
Old 4th Jan 2013, 20:48   #85
Jedra
Supermodel

For anyone that hasn't seen it, here is the first fan made film in homage to Elite Dangerous;

Old 5th Jan 2013, 00:36   #86
Jedra
Supermodel

Funded! What a ride it turned out to be!

Old 5th Jan 2013, 03:03   #87
B_HERB
What is this..A CENTER FOR ANTS?!

B_HERB has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedra View Post
Funded! What a ride it turned out to be!
I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say you're a wee-bit excited for this game.
B_HERB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jan 2013, 10:05   #88
Jedra
Supermodel

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_HERB View Post
I'm just gonna take a wild guess and say you're a wee-bit excited for this game.
Somewhat, yes. I don't have the energy to get excited that often!

When Elite came out in 1984 it was a revelation - a jump in games technology far beyond anything else that was around at the time and it helped cement my determination to be a computer programmer as a young teenager. Over the years it was always a topic of conversation between me and my peers and although we had Frontiers and First Encounters about ten years later, they did not re-capture the original Elite feeling.

For the last few years, although games technology has got better, games themselves have started to plateau as publishers go for the 'magic formula'. I think (and hope) that people like David Braben (and Chris Roberts) can help to add some creativity back into the games industry and hopefully inspire a generation like they did previously. I think that this will be helped by the massive fan base both of their games have accumulated.

One of the reasons I bankrupt myself to join the Design Forum tier is that I am keen to see that this game is not just a re-boot (there are a few sentimentalists who seem to just want the old Elite - they can download Oolite for that!) but pushes the game forward. I will be using what little voice I have to shout this loudly. There is an opportunity to make this a living, breathing game that lasts for years...

Yes, I am excited ;-)

Old 5th Jan 2013, 19:59   #89
dolphie
Banned

dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.dolphie is a hoopy frood who really knows where their towel is.
I am too, I just hope they can deliver stuff in the gameplay department that I hope for.
dolphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2013, 14:04   #90
Jedra
Supermodel

Hurrah - got my Elite Dangerous mug today!

Old 13th Sep 2013, 13:21   #91
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Here we go!

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Sep 2013, 15:11   #92
Jedra
Supermodel

It's looking good!

Old 13th Sep 2013, 17:35   #93
Blogins
Panda have Guns

Blogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming SaiyanBlogins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
The entrance to the battle is just perfect but the dog fighting needs some polish.

Otherwise I am optimistic about my Elite Dangerous Pledge!
|Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (SSD - Boot)|Crucial MX100 512GB (SSD - Games)|
Blogins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Sep 2013, 09:41   #94
Boorach
Supermodder

Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.
Hmm, I really should have pledged an extra tenner to get beta access.
Boorach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Sep 2013, 02:07   #95
Jester_612
"Jammy..."

Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.Jester_612 is definitely a rep cheat.
You can always upgrade.

About the vid; Awesome score, the best composers aren't afraid of empty space. Also why did the capitals have to be all up/down planarly broadside.
Old 10th Oct 2013, 11:06   #96
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Oculus Rift support confirmed. HELL YES!

"Great news that we know many of you have been hoping for – today we’re announcing that Elite: Dangerous will support Oculus Rift. We’re very excited by this and if you aren’t aware of what Oculus Rift is then visit their website to find out more:

http://www.oculusvr.com/

I’m sure you’ll also be pleased to learn that the Oculus Rift version of Eliteangerous will be available to ALL backers that have an Oculus Rift headset for no extra cost.

Here’s David’s opinion on this:

“We’ve been playing with the Oculus Rift dev kits and are excited about the potential – just glancing around your cockpit or being totally immersed in a space battle. Many of our backers have made it clear that they would like Oculus Rift support – and so do we! We’re very pleased with the results so far.”

Thanks as ever for reading and why not pop by our forums to discuss the latest news:

http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Thanks for reading

Michael"

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th Oct 2013, 23:52   #97
DraigUK
Supermodder

DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DraigUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Pledged.

The opportunity to go back to '84 is too strong to resist.

Memories of hitting "Elite" for the first time, seeing my first Thargoid and, of course, the Cobra...
...then a few years later sitting in a classroom with 5 or 6 mates every lunchtime on the schools BBC computers racing each other for weeks and weeks on end playing side by side to see who could hit Elite first...and without fail ALL of us dreaming of the day we could play in game, together, helping or killing each other....

It's simply too strong a pull of nostalgia to resist.

See you out there
DraigUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 13:31   #98
Jedra
Supermodel

The Alpha opened today - check your inbox if you pledged to that level ;-)

Old 12th Dec 2013, 17:01   #99
Boorach
Supermodder

Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.Boorach is definitely a rep cheat.
Second wave of beta for me. Can't wait!
Boorach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th Dec 2013, 17:12   #100
Jedra
Supermodel

I am definitely gonna need a bigger PC!

Tags
aha! it's christmas time!, friendship drive charging, my god it's full of stars, parge is feathers!, say yes to skimmed milk