View Poll Results: Battlefield 4 Server Yay or Nay
Yes 27 58.70%
No 11 23.91%
Maybe 8 17.39%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18th Jun 2013, 13:35   #1
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
Battlefield 4 Server

So with Battlefield 4 on the horizon is anyone interested in helping support and fund a Bit Tech Community Server?

32-64 Server. Pricing as of yet is unknown. I am just trying gauge whether this is a worthwhile venture.

Battlefield 3 server had it's highs and lows. Many people within the community moved onto other games or simply lost interest.

So a simple, yes no or maybe. Vote in the poll
MrDomRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 17:48   #2
the_kille4
Chaos will rule da world.eventually

the_kille4 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Unless, there is a stable community that surrounds it there's not much point in it the long term. Although the most fun I had in BF3 was on one of these against another forum. Even though "technically" I'm still playing the game, that is because I'm in another clan that hosts its own clan-funded server with weekly events. Without a consistent encouragement to join the server, it would only support the initial rush of people when the game launches.
Speakers: M-Audio Studiophile AV 40
the_kille4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 17:50   #3
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.MrDomRocks is definitely a rep cheat.
I posted this to gauge who would be interested. And when I say interested I mean play on the server every night. Mostly on that server as well.

Though with very few people interested at this point in time it might be a dead start.
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 18:20   #4
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]

theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Well no one really uses or used the battlefield 3 one so I don't see much point in setting up one for bf4
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 18:53   #5
GregTheRotter
I Mod, Therefore I Own

GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.GregTheRotter is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
No. Most of the cpc community plays bf3 sporadically anyway. I stopped playing with the cpc community (say what you will about how everyone doesn't like me etc as we all know how that's going to come up, either that or my post goes completely ignored), back when there was a cpc server as I personally got tired of joining the team that was losing, while the 'good' players had a real whirl of a time on the other team ('that rotty raging again? AHH HAHAHAHAHA' etc.

It's a lot easier to join another server, and have a good time, than it is to rent and pay for, seed, admin, your own server. my 2c.
Old 23rd Jun 2013, 19:03   #6
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregTheRotter View Post
No. Most of the cpc community plays bf3 sporadically anyway. I stopped playing with the cpc community (say what you will about how everyone doesn't like me etc as we all know how that's going to come up, either that or my post goes completely ignored), back when there was a cpc server as I personally got tired of joining the team that was losing, while the 'good' players had a real whirl of a time on the other team ('that rotty raging again? AHH HAHAHAHAHA' etc.

It's a lot easier to join another server, and have a good time, than it is to rent and pay for, seed, admin, your own server. my 2c.
Not going to ignore your post Greg, and I know what you mean as it appeared to be stacked but that wasn't always the case (whatever you may think anyway).

I am simply putting the option out there. Might just stick with one of the other community servers the regular folks play on.

Lets see what interest we get.
Old 24th Jun 2013, 10:34   #7
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm up for putting money into another server if people want one.
Even if I'm not able to play as I want for most of the year, I'd definitely jump on the server when I'm able to play.

I agree that it would need a decent number of regular users to be worthwhile in the long run, either that or a smaller server would be needed.

It would also need to have a set rotation that isn't messed about with too much as that's what most of the popular servers stick with; I felt that the BF3 server was a bit too inconsistent with how it changed size based on the number of active players and the map/mode voting didn't seem to help all that much with most drop-in players leaving when it changed mode almost every round or constantly being stuck on the canal map.

Maybe test the waters with a cheaper 24 player server, if it is constantly full during let's say a period of 2-3 months, then we could look at increasing the size in increments to keep it to stable amounts.
Old 24th Jun 2013, 20:41   #8
Zaim
Supermodder

Zaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for presidentZaim should be considered for president
Sounds like a good idea to me mate.
CPU:Intel I7 3770K 5GHZ |CPU Cooler:Noctua NH D14|RAM:16GB Corsair Vengeance White LP|MB:Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3|GPU:Asus GTX 980 Strix OC|PSU: Corsair AX 750|HDD:2x Corsair 240GB Force GS| 2X WD 2TB Red|Sound Card:Asus Xonar Phoebus|Speakers:Sony STR-DH820+Yamaha Speakers+Tannoy TS2.10|Mouse/Keyboard:Corsair K95/M95|Case:Corsair 500R|
Zaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 20:48   #9
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Not to go against the grain or 'community spirit' or what have you, but I personally don't think its a worthwhile investment.

We had a BF3 server that took ages to fill (I think I saw it filled once in the entire time I've played on it) and seeding it just means that you can spend a whole night playing with 12 players, which is fun sure, but not why I play Battlefield. There are literally hundreds of other servers out there to play on, with hundreds of different configurations to suit every taste, so now we are all on Battlelog together, we can always jump onto one of those - lets face it 'Bit Tech invasion' is fun to shout anyway when we jump in and dominate someone elses server.

If enough people are up for it, I'll definitely come play, but I'm probably not prepared to contribute, or indeed seed the thing. Just my 2c.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Jun 2013, 21:03   #10
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Testing the waters and see what comes once BF4 is released. I think it would be best to play on other servers for a month or so. Find the best configuration and then decide on whether we rent a server or not.

We could just join an established community anyway. I have played with Beer n Bullets, been on their TS also. They are a pretty good bunch of guys and banter is always good.
Old 25th Jun 2013, 09:31   #11
wuyanxu
still wants Homeworld 3

wuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyanwuyanxu is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Seeding the server was a royal pain in the backside. I got tired of BF3 when I am sat in the server every single day attempting to seed it.

The size changing plugin was introduced to make it visible to people searching using 5-10, 5+ filters, but I guess the negative effect is that people quit when the server changes size and they feel they are no longer playing the game they joined.

Map voting is to satisfy members got tired of the same map rotations every time when seeding.

I applaud Dom still being enthusiastic about it and wouldn't mind to do the hard work. Well done.

End of the day, running a server isn't just a case of playing on it when you feel like it, and expect privileges because you donated. Those who voted yes, are you prepared to not only donate but seed it every evening from around 7 to 8pm for at least an hour? If no one or only very few people attempt to seed it, it won't get going and will just be like the BF3 server.
Old 25th Jun 2013, 09:53   #12
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuyanxu View Post
Seeding the server was a royal pain in the backside. I got tired of BF3 when I am sat in the server every single day attempting to seed it.

The size changing plugin was introduced to make it visible to people searching using 5-10, 5+ filters, but I guess the negative effect is that people quit when the server changes size and they feel they are no longer playing the game they joined.

Map voting is to satisfy members got tired of the same map rotations every time when seeding.

I applaud Dom still being enthusiastic about it and wouldn't mind to do the hard work. Well done.

End of the day, running a server isn't just a case of playing on it when you feel like it, and expect privileges because you donated. Those who voted yes, are you prepared to not only donate but seed it every evening from around 7 to 8pm for at least an hour? If no one or only very few people attempt to seed it, it won't get going and will just be like the BF3 server.
I got to agree with you Wyxy and it is quite hard, we did try very hard at it. But in the end it died on it's knees. I think many of us got fed up to be honest.

I checked out two hosting sites we have used in the past and their are no price plans for BF4. So I can't even give you guys any pricing.
Old 27th Jun 2013, 10:33   #13
Votick
My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Votick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd be up for it. In fact I'd be quite happy to pay for the whole thing

Shame they only provided servers through select partners. I have a few servers we could of run one on. :/
Votick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jun 2013, 15:34   #14
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votick View Post
I'd be up for it. In fact I'd be quite happy to pay for the whole thing

Shame they only provided servers through select partners. I have a few servers we could of run one on. :/
Sucks, and getting partners is probably not easy and worth the hassle for a single setup.

Will see how things go I guess.
Old 28th Jun 2013, 15:17   #15
sotu1
Ex-Modder

sotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on yousotu1 - may the hammer of Bindi be bestowed on you
If you need a few bob from me then go ahead. I'll chip in. Really enjoyed playing on the CPC servers and the banter.

Realistically what'll happen is it'll be packed for the first 3 months then start to tail off, but that will naturally happen with all games, as many of us end up playing other games. BF3 is still one of my fave games but there's a tonne of other stuff and I feel bad not playing them :S
Old 28th Jun 2013, 15:39   #16
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotu1 View Post
If you need a few bob from me then go ahead. I'll chip in. Really enjoyed playing on the CPC servers and the banter.

Realistically what'll happen is it'll be packed for the first 3 months then start to tail off, but that will naturally happen with all games, as many of us end up playing other games. BF3 is still one of my fave games but there's a tonne of other stuff and I feel bad not playing them :S
For the first few months of BF4, a month to month rental I think is the better short term option. I know this works out at spending more rather than a bulk month rental. But saves us wasting time and money in the long run.
Old 28th Jun 2013, 15:40   #17
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
maybe run a game type that's not too common? although my kids play on PS3 for their bf 3 fix
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Jun 2013, 15:47   #18
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
maybe run a game type that's not too common? although my kids play on PS3 for their bf 3 fix
Certain game modes, and rotations work others don't. And mixing things up too much does put people off. The problem we had was we as contributors and seeders got bored of the same map rotation and would actively change it.

Sticking with a set rotation and modes is the only way forward.
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 10:46   #19
Votick
My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

Votick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming SaiyanVotick is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Speaking to GD, No ETA on when servers will be up for pre-order.

They will let me know when they hear anything.
Votick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd Jul 2013, 11:08   #20
MrDomRocks
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votick View Post
Speaking to GD, No ETA on when servers will be up for pre-order.

They will let me know when they hear anything.
Awesome sauce.