bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 8th Mar 2014, 14:07   #121
walle
I *am* a Dremel
 
walle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,533
walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
How does changing the definition of marriage to include same-sex relationships destroy the family, lower standards (what standards?) and/or decriminalise vice?
I illustrated the mindset of the progressive left giving examples.

I'll be back to check on the thread later, work work.
__________________
"Freedom of speech can't have "should include this" or "shouldn't include this" - it is an absolute." -- specofdust
"Once rights are gone, they almost never come back." -- eddie_dane
walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 14:19   #122
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.
 
Nexxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 31,283
Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Still not answering any of my questions, I see.

For someone who is so strongly opposed gay marriage, you seem remarkably unable to explain your position. Should we take from this that you cannot really think of a reason why gay people should not be able to marry?
__________________
In memory of Kidmod-Southpaw (1997 - 2014), Teelzebub (1955 - 2016) and Waynio (1978 - 2016)

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"


Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 15:28   #123
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd
 
Darkwisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Still not answering any of my questions, I see.

For someone who is so strongly opposed gay marriage, you seem remarkably unable to explain your position. Should we take from this that you cannot really think of a reason why gay people should not be able to marry?
Seems like it. The only reason anyone opposed has seems be that marriage was originally between just a man and woman. However, how about ancient Greece? They had extremely open sexualitys and same sex couples were normal, even promoted then. Religion seems to be the only reason for the opposition, despite marriage predating religion to ancient tribes.
__________________
Main Rig: i3 3220 ~ GTX 970 Strix ~ 8GB Vengeance Ram ~ EVGA Supernova G2 750W ~ P8H77-m le ~ Samsung 830 128GB SSD ~ Steelseries GCv2 ~ Razer imperator ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 16:31   #124
sonicgroove
Radical Atheist
 
sonicgroove's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Waterfoot
Posts: 1,978
sonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyansonicgroove is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I think Walle made a video to emphasize his position.....It's all a lot clearer now.
sonicgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 17:31   #125
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd
 
Darkwisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicgroove View Post
I think Walle made a video to emphasize his position.....It's all a lot clearer now.
Oh man sarcasm overload.
__________________
Main Rig: i3 3220 ~ GTX 970 Strix ~ 8GB Vengeance Ram ~ EVGA Supernova G2 750W ~ P8H77-m le ~ Samsung 830 128GB SSD ~ Steelseries GCv2 ~ Razer imperator ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 19:56   #126
law99
Custom User Title
 
law99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 2,377
law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
@Nexxo

If we agree that marriage is a union between a man and a woman you will then have to explain to me why this should change to also include homosexual couples. I don't mind you asking me questions but I think we should start at the right end.
I don't understand. Is your argument to skip the argument and just debate on the grounds of your choosing?

Your paragraph above seems like someone using diversionary tactics to not even acknowledge the original question. Where else your argument takes us after this is simply degraded to, at most, shrapnel as far as I am concerned.

If we agree? What?
__________________
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | soaking 1070 gtx | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | BenQ bl3200pt 2560x1440p
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 20:10   #127
hyperion
Hypermodder
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 695
hyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyanhyperion is a Super Spamming Saiyan
His argument is that we should accept his opinion as correct by default and answer a question that he posed on his own that doesn't make sense to anyone else.
hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 20:11   #128
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.
 
Nexxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 31,283
Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Basically walle would deny homosexual people the same human rights as heterosexual people based on an opinion that he cannot, or will not even explain. Either he can't think of a valid reason, or he can't even dignify us, or gay people, with an answer. Make of that what you will.
__________________
In memory of Kidmod-Southpaw (1997 - 2014), Teelzebub (1955 - 2016) and Waynio (1978 - 2016)

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"


Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 20:39   #129
Cthippo
Can't mod my way out of a paper bag
 
Cthippo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 6,775
Cthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming SaiyanCthippo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Basically walle would deny homosexual people the same human rights as heterosexual people based on an opinion that he cannot, or will not even explain. Either he can't think of a valid reason, or he can't even dignify us, or gay people, with an answer. Make of that what you will.
Again, I'm not going to speak for Walle, but looking at the writings of others who hold similar views it appears to be a desire for some things to be immutable and unchanging. By admitting that the definition can change you admit that change is possible and it undermines your position that things shouldn't change.

I got to thinking about this and other cultural "hot button" issues last night and I think a lot of it stems from the technological and societal changes that took place in the first half of the 20th century. Due to mechanization, increased farming yields, improved medicine etc etc for the first time people didn't NEED each other and rigid social roles to survive. Until that time, it took a man and a wife and a heap of children and an extended family to produce enough food to keep the family alive. In a time of continuous scarcity the family unit was the most efficient and effective way of producing and allocating resources.

Things began changing in the early 1900s when a man could bring home enough money to feed his entire family, when improving medical care meant you didn't need 12 kids to carry on your lineage because most would die, when improved agriculture meant that families weren't one bad harvest from starvation. World War 2 brought women into the workplace and showed that they could do the jobs needed to keep the country going just as well as the men could. It no longer took as many people working as hard to keep people alive and people were looking for a new way to express themselves since they didn't need to work in defined roles just to survive anymore.

Much of the "culture wars" of the latter half of the 20th century and beginning of the 21st has been between people trying to find a new set of social roles to accommodate the new reality and those who want to go back to the old, comfortable roles. The attraction of the old roles is that they were simpler and more concrete, each person had a job to do and so long as they did it, everyone was OK.

The counterpoint to this is groups like the Amish and Mennonites who desire the old social cohesion and realize that the only way to accomplish it is to live in an environment so primitive that people MUST live that way to survive.
__________________
Notice: If we see you flaming we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate measures
- The Bit-Tech Fire Brigade.
Cthippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 20:55   #130
KayinBlack
Toxophile
 
KayinBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jasper, AL
Posts: 5,349
KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.KayinBlack is definitely a rep cheat.
Let's have some fun here.

Up until the 13th century or so, the Catholic church actually performed ceremonies for homosexuals-stating that two monogamous people should be joined rather than leaving them in sin. They didn't call it the same thing, but they treated it the same. The issue isn't even clear in Scripture, if you'd like to go there.

It's mentioned all of four times. Four. How many times were we commanded to love? It's hard to count. When Jesus was asked which was the most important law of Moses, the one that must be kept above all, He said to first love God, and second to love each other the way we want to be loved. Would you wish to be treated that way? I haven't enjoyed being a second class citizen-I'm Native American and disabled. I didn't pick either, but I get punished for those (because the Baptist church is crazy, and that's why I'm Episcopal now.) I don't see it a stretch at all to say that gay people didn't pick this. If you want a Biblical explanation, call it the fallen nature of man. As sins go, we rank it up at the top, and let lack of charity, human rights abuses, idolatry and hate for our fellow man slide. Why? There's nothing right about those, and those aren't hardwired. As an aside, to God no sins are worse than others. All simply equate to disobedience.

What that boils down to is if gay people sin, they do so no more than the rest of us, they are separated from God no further than the rest of us and He still wants fellowship with them just like the rest of us-in other words, they're still equal before God. And if they are equal before God, then who are we to make an artificial distinction, other than we want to feel better about ourselves because at least we aren't that bad. Jesus Himself specifically speaks against that attitude. So where's your argument coming from? Shun the sinners? Let's shun each other then, because nobody's perfect. Hating what's different? To God, there ARE NO DISTINCTIONS. He made us, and He loves us. Or is it to feel, as I stated earlier, like we're better than other people? That's a Hell of a lot of pride there, if you catch my drift.

If Christ died for all, and God loves all his creations, then that means that we must as well. This is the foundation of Christianity-love, not judgement. I'm sure I will be told of things I did wrong when I get to the other side, but I don't want one of those things to be denying others the rights that they deserve. I didn't ask to be born with a terminal genetic syndrome, but I was. And so the law affords me certain rights and privileges so that I may be able to be equal to more able-bodied people. I was born not white, but the law says that I have the same inherent worth as a white man. Why then should we discriminate now by who one loves? I thought that monogamy was the best choice, and didn't Paul even say to be married if you can't be single and celibate? We all know Paul hated women, I wonder if there's a hidden message there... but at any rate, if they wish to be in a monogamous relationship and to share their lives, wealth and benefits with each other, I won't stand in their way. As a matter of fact, I'll gladly push against the darkness of thought that brings such an attitude.

I thought that discriminating was right, once upon a time, but careful reading of the Bible shows me that there is no love there-and if there is no love, it's not a commandment of God. I changed, not the Bible-the Bible is just being twisted by a LOT of people for their own ends.
__________________
I don't feed the trolls...

PC: Intel i7-4830K, ASUS X79 Deluxe, 64GB GEiL Golden Dragon 1333MHz RAM, EVGA nVidia Titan Black 6GB Hydro Copper, Blu-Ray burner, 4x250GB Samsung 840 EVO in RAID 10, Corsair AX860i.
KayinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Mar 2014, 21:02   #131
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd
 
Darkwisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cthippo View Post
Snip
But the fact is that we do live in the 21st century and our advanced technologies mean that those kinds of traditions are no longer needed. Homosexuality existed then as it did now, but it obviously wasn't viable unless you had children. But what the OP was asking was where does marriage fit in here? In much the same way, it doesn't. It is a relic of old times that we still force into our society, mostly for religion's sake.

We do live longer, and there are gay couples who have been together for 50 or more years, unmarried. It doesn't change anything just because they do get married, it just makes it official in terms of our society's laws.

That's basically what walle is trying (and refusing) to say probably. It does undermine some peoples old fashioned principles and life outlooks, so they see it as evil, disgusting or wrong. I'm a very open individual and any new laws i'll look at before deciding they're stupid or wrong. Gay marriage isn't stupid or wrong, it fits into our society well enough. Marriage is by no means a purely religious affair and I wish people saw that before being bigots.
__________________
Main Rig: i3 3220 ~ GTX 970 Strix ~ 8GB Vengeance Ram ~ EVGA Supernova G2 750W ~ P8H77-m le ~ Samsung 830 128GB SSD ~ Steelseries GCv2 ~ Razer imperator ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 09:08   #132
law99
Custom User Title
 
law99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 2,377
law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.law99 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayinBlack View Post
Let's have some fun here.
I thought that discriminating was right, once upon a time, but careful reading of the Bible shows me that there is no love there-and if there is no love, it's not a commandment of God. I changed, not the Bible-the Bible is just being twisted by a LOT of people for their own ends.
Good work man. You touch on what I never understand about people who push discrimination with the bible as a source. If there was a fundamental stage 1 that you all had to learn before being allowed to take on stage 2, it would be to love each other and show empathy. I can't imagine stage 2 or 3 would be "forget everything you learnt in stage 1; this is how it really is."

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperion
His argument is that we should accept his opinion as correct by default and answer a question that he posed on his own that doesn't make sense to anyone else.
Agreed. It isn't like he's won the toss and choosing to play the first half down wind with the sun in the opposition's eyes. By getting you to agree with that if statement, it's like saying you must start with 10 men and and 2 goals to chase. "Oh and we're finishing early tonight lads, first half will do."

Worse still for Walle, is that if we accept that he is right i.e. Marriage is a union between a man and a woman and are expected to give reasons to allow sames sex unions in to the fold we can tear it down pretty quickly with: Ok I agree. But the reality is that marriage between a man and man or woman and woman has already been established. i.e. there has been a few. So now the default statement fails. It just doesn't work logically to accept that statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle
If we agree that marriage is a union between a man and a woman you will then have to explain to me why this should change to also include homosexual couples.
because it already does mate.

But yeah, further on I really would like a direct answer to what nexxo has posed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexxo
How is your marriage threatened by homosexual people getting married?
ALso:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walle
What we see here is typical for the mindset of the progressive left, everything they do comes from a place of emotion and reaction, from a place of imposition and a feeling of knowing what is best for people. This is the reason arbitrary laws are pushed through without any real thought given to the unintended consequences of such laws for instance. A criminal commits a crime and they punish the law abiding citizen as punishment. They twist things around. They turn everything on its head.
The irony level is high with this one. How does "A criminal commits a crime and they punish the law abiding citizen as punishment." relate to this argument? Surely it is a diversionary tactic to allow you to twist the argument to suit yourself. You hope that someone will agree with a side swipe at a different group of people and have them rally behind you over a common enemy another completely different issue? I think this was covered before in other threads as a false dichotomy.

"What we see here is typical for the mindset of the progressive left, everything they do comes from a place of emotion and reaction." Examine this please. We ask you to look at the past, present and future and determine what threat to marriage exists by bringing in same sex couples. The only people that have ever been at threat seemingly are gay people. Your argument is from your gut feeling. It doesn't have any sound merit other than we should respect your opinion. You are entitled to your beliefs as are others. Which is why they are entitled to marry one another.
__________________
3570k WC @ 4.7giggles | 8gb Kingston 2133mhz | ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | soaking 1070 gtx | Seasonic x-660w | NZXT 810 switch | Crucial M4 128gb | 2x F3 1tb Raid 1 | NZXT Sentry 6ch 50w fan controller | BenQ bl3200pt 2560x1440p

Last edited by law99; 9th Mar 2014 at 09:59.
law99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 17:34   #133
walle
I *am* a Dremel
 
walle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,533
walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.walle is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Basically walle would deny homosexual people the same human rights as heterosexual people
Let's recap.

A legal framework that would give homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples who are married

Where's the violation of human rights?
__________________
"Freedom of speech can't have "should include this" or "shouldn't include this" - it is an absolute." -- specofdust
"Once rights are gone, they almost never come back." -- eddie_dane
walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 17:41   #134
VipersGratitude
Mod Master
 
VipersGratitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,411
VipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming SaiyanVipersGratitude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
You are wrong when you say it is discrimination to exclude homosexual couples from the institution of marriage. What you are doing here is to allow one group to impose itself onto another group whilst you sell it to the public as if the discrimination would be the other way around.
Oh I see, so it's like how blacks imposed themselves on white people by sharing their institutions and establishments - from churches to diners to laundromats.

I want to ask you a direct question here, walle - Is "apartheid" an accurate description of your stance, and if not, why not?

__________________
"Power without love is reckless and abusive; Love without power is anemic and sentimental"
~- Dr. Martin Luther King
VipersGratitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 18:04   #135
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.
 
Nexxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 31,283
Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
Let's recap.

A legal framework that would give homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples who are married

Where's the violation of human rights?
Where's the violation of yours?

Since you are unable or unwilling to explain your position, your opinion in this debate does not matter anymore, sorry. You have been weighed and found wanting.
__________________
In memory of Kidmod-Southpaw (1997 - 2014), Teelzebub (1955 - 2016) and Waynio (1978 - 2016)

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"


Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.

Last edited by Nexxo; 9th Mar 2014 at 22:25.
Nexxo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 18:40   #136
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd
 
Darkwisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
Let's recap.

A legal framework that would give homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples who are married

Where's the violation of human rights?
And is there anything wrong with giving them the same rights? You seem to be stating B/S things rather than making any valid points.

No human rights have been breached. All of humanity should stand on the same ground no matter what colour, religion or walk of life they come from. Every human is the same when they are squeezed out of their mother's vagina, why should that change? We are all the same no matter what we do. We all crap the same and we all die the same; it shouldn't matter what we are.

"Oh god, now the gays have the same rights as us. It's like giving black people, people with dwarfism or disabled people equal rights; when will this madness end?!" Make a valid point or stop talking, it's become worse than boring.
__________________
Main Rig: i3 3220 ~ GTX 970 Strix ~ 8GB Vengeance Ram ~ EVGA Supernova G2 750W ~ P8H77-m le ~ Samsung 830 128GB SSD ~ Steelseries GCv2 ~ Razer imperator ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 18:45   #137
longweight
Possibly Longbeard.
 
longweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: London
Posts: 10,517
longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.longweight is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
Let's recap.

A legal framework that would give homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples who are married

Where's the violation of human rights?
Either answer Nexxo or leave the debate.

Last edited by longweight; 9th Mar 2014 at 19:05.
longweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 18:51   #138
theshadow2001
[DELETE] means [DELETE]
 
theshadow2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,933
theshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyantheshadow2001 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Walle's points are so uncohesive the only conclusion is that he's having a bit of a laugh or he's leaving out some information regarding his position.
theshadow2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 19:08   #139
Darkwisdom
Level 99 Retro Nerd
 
Darkwisdom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,595
Darkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming SaiyanDarkwisdom is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadow2001 View Post
Walle's points are so uncohesive the only conclusion is that he's having a bit of a laugh or he's leaving out some information regarding his position.
That seems to be the case. All we've heard are some vague statements that don't actually tell us anything about his own views.
__________________
Main Rig: i3 3220 ~ GTX 970 Strix ~ 8GB Vengeance Ram ~ EVGA Supernova G2 750W ~ P8H77-m le ~ Samsung 830 128GB SSD ~ Steelseries GCv2 ~ Razer imperator ~
Darkwisdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th Mar 2014, 23:52   #140
Guinevere
Mega Mom
 
Guinevere's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,341
Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by walle View Post
Let's recap.

A legal framework that would give homosexual couples the same rights as heterosexual couples who are married

Where's the violation of human rights?
So they have the same rights? But without the right to call themselves married? How is that 'the same rights'?

If having the right of marriage taken away is not a violation of human rights then I assume you would support the abolition of all marriage to be replaced with a purely administrative arrangement? That way you don't have to capitulate to those you disagree with and everyone's human rights are maintained?

But I assume you think marriage should be kept, just withheld from those you don't think fit in with your world view?

If so, then your entire human rights argument just doesn't make sense. If you're prepared to withheld from one person but not the next then it's an act of oppression.

So, would you support abolishing all marriage, to level the playing field?

If not, why not?
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:49.
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.