bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 18th May 2017, 11:15   #181
damien c
Mad FPS Gamer

damien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyandamien c is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
So, a seller on eBay is currently selling Speedlink 'Airrow' joysticks for 54.

This looks to be almost exactly the same as the VKB Gladiator (someone also selling one of these for 140), including the Arm controller and MARs sensors.

Could be a nice option for anyone looking for a cheap stick, that is higher in quality than the T1600 etc and doesn't want a throttle.

Nice find seems decent and a decent price as well.
Old 18th May 2017, 11:46   #182
edzieba
Virtual Realist

edzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parge View Post
So, a seller on eBay is currently selling Speedlink 'Airrow' joysticks for 54.

This looks to be almost exactly the same as the VKB Gladiator (someone also selling one of these for 140), including the Arm controller and MARs sensors.

Could be a nice option for anyone looking for a cheap stick, that is higher in quality than the T1600 etc and doesn't want a throttle.
Also less of a pain in the arse to actually buy. I don't know what the hell VKB are thinking making their stuff so hard to purchase with nonsensical regional licensing and rebranding, random stock allocations, listing items that are not available on their website but failing to list their new kit, etc.
edzieba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 12:52   #183
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzieba View Post
Also less of a pain in the arse to actually buy. I don't know what the hell VKB are thinking making their stuff so hard to purchase with nonsensical regional licensing and rebranding, random stock allocations, listing items that are not available on their website but failing to list their new kit, etc.
Well as I understand it, this stick is actually the result of a botched licencing deal they did with Speedlink, so thankfully, in one respect, their incompetency is actually a good thing for us!

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 14:11   #184
cjmUK
Old git.

cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.cjmUK is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Speaking of joysticks, I'm looking for one. My inconsistent Logitech 3D Extreme bailed out a few years ago and so I bought a Cyborg FLY 5 which seemed to be great albeit I barely used it. I dug it out for ARMA 3 Jets DLC but can't get it detected in any games, though the calibration tools confirm that it is working. Of course, when I originally bought it, I wasn't running Win10.

On the assumption that Logitech (aka Saitek, aka Mat Catz) won't support this old model, what do I buy as a replacement? I'm looking at an absolute max budget of 50. I want something moderately robust, works with Win10, some kind of yaw control and single or dual throttles...

Ideas?
Old 18th May 2017, 15:02   #185
Parge
the worst

Parge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming SaiyanParge is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I mean.... I'd personally spend another 10 and get the VKB.

Silverstone FT03 Mini - i7 4790S - Noctua NH-L9i - Gigabyte GTX 1070 'ITX Edition' - Maximus Impact VII - 16GB DDR3 - 1TB NVME - SF600 - AOC Agon AG271QG - Xonar U7 - Bassshaker - RAT3 - Majestouch Minila - Q90s - Orbweaver - Warthog
Parge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 15:25   #186
DeckerdBR
Ultramodder

DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DeckerdBR is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Aesthetically the Speedlink Arrow is a bit ugly IMO, while I acknowledge function is more important for a joystick, I find the none to aesthetic joysticks also tend to look none too ergonomic as well!

For the Money, I still think the Thrustmaster 16000m is one of the best options. Nice 'resistance' when you move the stick and with the exception of the forward trigger (which IMO is a bit big/squared on the edges for my taste), the buttons are well placed. The Stick is a comfortable size (for those of us with larger hands anyway!) and having a twisty handle for rudder work also with good resistance is nice.

Edit: to boot, it's ambidextrous, coming with a thumb contour rubber mold that can be switched to either side with ease. Good for us cack handers!
Want to Join Star Citizen? Use my referral code (STAR-N6W9-NF2R) for a 5,000 UEC (in game currency) Bonus when you sign up!
DeckerdBR is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
say yes to skimmed milk