bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:06   #1
Carrie
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Carrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming SaiyanCarrie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Teelzebub - gone but never forgotten

It is with very great sadness I break the news that Teelzebub (Terry) is no longer with us. If he was right, he’s now warming his toes on the fires of hell.

Terry passed away on Monday 18 January after a long struggle against Chronic Pulmonary Obstructive Disease, aged 61.

In his late teens he worked for London Underground laying track and it’s from here that he believed he inhaled the asbestos, and later the cyanide isotopes from the car respray shop he had, that resulted in his diagnosis some 17 years ago.

Despite his lungs slowly but surely becoming ineffective, he did everything he could to continue to build, create and bring to life his weird and wonderful imaginings for as long as he could. Sadly we’ll now never see his last creation “The Devil's Dance (A mad mans last ever true scratch build)” completed in all its glory, or ever see the tap-dancing mayan pyramid with the pop-up glass skull.

Another side to him you may not know was his love of animals. I rapidly came to the realisation that if anyone was going to adopt a stir-crazy chipmunk, driven mad by a tiny cage, it was Terry. Who else would have a pregnant Jack Russell that insisted on sleeping with the milk cartons it raided from the fridge each night? Or have a cat that worked out how to open the drawer of his bedside cabinet to pinch treats when he was asleep, or run off with his glasses when he wasn’t looking. Only Terry would.

So Terry couldn't spell but he was generous, funny, creative, caring, wise, thoughtful, intelligent, argumentative, probably bonkers and so many things more besides; a better friend I could not have wished for and I’ll miss more than he’ll ever know.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Update in response to enquiries regarding donations:

Although Terry did have CPOD he caught Pneumonia at New Year and was taken away from his family earlier than expected so I'm sure you can appreciate they are finding this very difficult to deal with.

Regarding your kind offers of donations, they would be much appreciated and I know Terry would be very pleased by such a gesture too. If you'd like to send them to Paypal at InMemoryofTeelzebub@gmail.com and when Terry's Missus is feeling better able to deal with things she can decide where to distribute the money (funeral costs or animal charities or whatever she think Terry would approve of).
MountainMods H2GO - the little case, i7-860, ROG Maximus III Forumla, 2 x 2gb GSkill Trident F3-1600 @ 2k, Coolermaster RS700-80GAD3-UK Silent Pro Gold 700W, Noctua NH-C14 dual fan, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 OC 1GB, 1 x 500GB Seagate 7200, Samsung 830 SSD, 500Gb WD, Samsung 12x B/ray, AeroCool F/C, E'max Apollish/Cluster fans.
Now building a scratch build HTPC

Last edited by Carrie; 30th Jan 2016 at 12:24.
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:14   #2
goldstar0011
Mod Master

goldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyangoldstar0011 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Sad news to hear

RIP Terry
goldstar0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:14   #3
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie View Post
If he was right, he’s now warming his toes on the fires of hell.
And thinking: "I could mod that to have more power...". A great craftsman has left us.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:15   #4
David
RIP Tel

David is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming SaiyanDavid is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gutted - it's difficult to type with the tears welling up.

I knew he didn't have long, but you just get used to some people always being around, and tend to forget the inevitable.

I will miss him, his quirky humour, his creative spark, generosity and kindness.

My heart goes out to those who loved him and those who counted him as a friend.

RIP Tel.

Main rig - 6700K|Z170|32GB|256GB M.2|500GB SSDs|8TB NAS|980 Ti|3007WFP-HC|Parvum S2.0
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:15   #5
atc95
I have the upgrade bug!

atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.
RIP

Check us out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/digitalbacongaming
atc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:26   #6
Guinevere
Mega Mom

Guinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming SaiyanGuinevere is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Bum and bugger to the world.

It's about bloody time we sorted out this getting ill and dying thing as it's a big ol' bag of crappola.
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 16:35   #7
fix-the-spade
Mod Master

fix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyanfix-the-spade is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
And thinking: "I could mod that to have more power...". A great craftsman has left us.
Thinking? He'll be adding a powered intake as we speak, helps combustion...

Going to miss him.
Old 27th Jan 2016, 17:02   #8
Big Elf
“not another f—-ing elf”

Big Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming SaiyanBig Elf is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'm really saddened to hear that. I'd sent him a couple of watercooling pumps just after Christmas for his latest project and he'd said he was ill, it was terminal and he was in hospital but I didn't expect this so soon.
Case Labs TH10│Asus Rampage III Extreme│Core i7 990X│24GB Corsair Dominator GT│GTX Titan SLI│Samsung 850 EVO 256GB│Crucial M4│2TB Samsung Momentus x 2│SeaSonic P1000W│EK Supremacy│EK FC-RE3│EK-FC Titan SE x 2│EK-RAM Dominator│Black Ice SR-1 480 x 3│Swiftech 35X2
Big Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 17:05   #9
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
RIP to a true gentleman.

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 17:19   #10
chrismarkham1982
I *am* a Dremel

chrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyanchrismarkham1982 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Not something I expected to be reading, genuinely saddened by this news
R.I.P Terry

AsRock Z170 Extreme4/Core I5 6600k @ 4.4ghz/16GB Corsair DDR4-3000/256GB Samsung Evo 750 SSD/Sandisk 120GB SSD/WD 1TB spinner/Asus GTX 1060 Turbo 6GB/Seasonic G450/NZXT Source 340/Dell U2917W
chrismarkham1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th Jan 2016, 17:22   #11
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Crud. May he rest in peace. He was one of our more merry and active members, so this comes as a shock.