bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 25th Feb 2016, 11:53   #81
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
One of the odd things here is that people talk of the EU as if it has power in itself. Actually the central bodies (the commission, the parliament) are pretty weak. Most of the real power is vested with the council of ministers, e.g. the national governments.

Not that I am defending the EU bodies, the parliament is a ludicrous self-important, wasteful joke. The European electorate treat it with the dignity it deserves by using it an an occasion to kick their own national leaders by electing various nationalists, communists, greens and other flavour of the day protest parties.
Old 25th Feb 2016, 12:32   #82
Kovoet
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Kovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming SaiyanKovoet is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Who is actually in charge of the U.K., that is my question? Cameron has no control over it. Can't do anything except going through the EU.
No one can tell me with the influx of migrants coming of which we will not be able to police or control is going to do us any good in the long run.

We have not one political party here with a set of balls. Labour and toris area as bad as one another.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
MOBO[ Asus Maximus Formula VII ]CPU[I7 4770K]RAM[Corsair Vengeance PRO Red 2133mhz]SSD's[1TB Samsung EVO, 256GB Samsung, 128GB Mushkin, 128 GT Corsair]GPU[EVGA GTX980]PSU[Corsair AX1200i Red Cables]CASE[Corsair 540] Cooler[Corsair H100i]Screen[Dell U2913WM} Perp[Corsair K70, Logitech G502,Belkin razer N52TE,
HyperX Cloud II]
Kovoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2016, 12:51   #83
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.Risky is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovoet View Post
Who is actually in charge of the U.K., that is my question? Cameron has no control over it. Can't do anything except going through the EU.
The Council of Ministers (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counci...European_Union) has effective control and that is where the individual national governments will negociate and vote on anything that is to be done by the EU.
Old 25th Feb 2016, 15:01   #84
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risky View Post
Not sure where not paying their share came in.
Well, there was the initial rebate for agricultural reasons Edit, the same as the one below
Than Thatcher "wanted her money back" (this is the agricultural rebate, at the time 80 of the EU spendings were for agriculture, now ~40%
Now Cameron makes a "deal" where the UK pays less. (Hasn't he done that before?)

I only have figures for 2014, sorry.

The Dutch payd ~4,7B€ ~270€ per person
The Germans payd~15,5B€ ~190€ per person.
The UK payd ~4,9BE ~80€ per person

In GDP: NL 0,71% D 0,52% UK 0,23%

For some reason though, the dutch don't get to have three times the say in Europe than you guys do, but they pay 3x as much (per person)

this was 2014, the "Deal" has gotten sweeter since, hasn't it.

*Figures from the "Bundeszentrale für politische bildung" http://www.bpb.de/
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
200GB Samsung SP2004C 24" Asus VW246H 1920x1080

Last edited by Xir; 25th Feb 2016 at 15:07.
Xir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2016, 15:09   #85
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.Xir is definitely a rep cheat.
My god it is effin complicated

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UK_rebate
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
Old 25th Feb 2016, 15:29   #86
specofdust
Banned

specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.specofdust is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
The obvious question there Xir is, given that this is an issue of paying taxes and no-one is really obligated to pay more than legally required, why would the UK want to pay more towards the EU? Surely that is more an issue for NL regarding their own EU contributions than for the UK?
specofdust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2016, 17:12   #87
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
IDK how accurate the figures are and they're only for 2013 but going on these charts published by the Telegraph we end up 4th highest once contributions and receipts are taken into account, the Netherlands are 6th.

EDIT: A more recent and probably accurate chart has the UK in 3rd and the Netherlands in 4th for 2014.

Last edited by Corky42; 25th Feb 2016 at 17:18.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Feb 2016, 17:22   #88
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
IDK how accurate the figures are and they're only for 2013 but going on these charts published by the Telegraph we end up 4th highest once contributions and receipts are taken into account, the Netherlands are 6th.

EDIT: A more recent and probably accurate chart has the UK in 3rd and the Netherlands in 4th for 2014.
Are you looking at total expenditure for those values?
Old 25th Feb 2016, 18:34   #89
Corky42

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I was looking at how much we pay in and how much we get back, there's a name for that isn't there, I've always struggled remembering what ones net and what ones gross.
Old 25th Feb 2016, 18:45   #90
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
I was looking at how much we pay in and how much we get back, there's a name for that isn't there, I've always struggled remembering what ones net and what ones gross.
Do the positions change when you change to per capita values?
Just curious.
Old 25th Feb 2016, 19:04   #91
Corky42

I don't think either of the charts has data for that.
Old 25th Feb 2016, 19:26   #92
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

It can show the data as percentage of gross national income. In that case the UK is in second place from the bottom.
Old 25th Feb 2016, 22:27   #93
Risky
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXR_13KE View Post
It can show the data as percentage of gross national income. In that case the UK is in second place from the bottom.
That's gross contributions. You need to find net contribution, but I can't find figures from 2014 on .
Old 26th Feb 2016, 07:03   #94
Xir
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXR_13KE View Post
Do the positions change when you change to per capita values?
Just curious.
Well lets look at that Link Corky sent us (telegraph article 2013) these charts
It states:
Quote:
However, on a net basis, Britain was the second largest contributor to the EU budget last year. It put €10.8bn more into the EU pot last year than it took out.
In that same graph, the NL was 5th Place with €4.29bn.

UK ~64 million residents, NL ~17 million residents, you do the math

Still wouldn't be right though, I'd look at % spent of national GDP. (doesnt look better though)

But really, this plucking at figures and bickering about who-suffers-most that we do on a small scale here is what is hampering the EU, only they do it on a large scale.
For me, the EU-discussion should be about the grand scale of things, where are we, where do we want to go.
Leave the bickering to the bean-counters.

My initial point was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xir View Post
The British boys want a say larger than their share, while paying less than their share, and using that say to brake the entire process of forming a EU.
We agree you have a rebate (never mind how high), but at the same time there's no rebate in influence.
X1800XT 512mb Sapphire
Old 28th Feb 2016, 17:35   #95
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I love the logic: somehow being outside of it is supposed to give the UK more power and influence over its relationship with the EU, than being part of it. Yeah, sure.

Wake up and smell it: the UK is not the Empire anymore. It's not even the most powerful economy in the Commonwealth anymore. It depends economically on being part of the EEC more than the EEC depends on the UK (those Mercedes and BMWs are going to India and China, not the UK). And the US? If Trump attains power, he will not give a rat's ass about the UK.

The UK will spend the next decade renegotiating trade agreements with the EU, with the US, and adjusting all its national legislation and regulation at a time when the UK is in full austerity, the global economy is decidedly shaky and tip-toeing through a minefield of recession towards a fragile, hopeful recovery and the US may be facing the next decade with a madman at the helm.

The timing of this is so utterly catastrophic I have no words for it. Leave the EU? The UK simply can't afford it --especially not now. The UK will be so screwed even Ireland will be laughing at it.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2016, 18:19   #96
RedFlames
...is in the wrong quantum reality

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If there is any upside to this mess it's the fact it'll end or ruin a few political careers... Particularly in the blue corner...

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2016, 19:28   #97
Corky42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Wake up and smell it: the UK is not the Empire anymore. It's not even the most powerful economy in the Commonwealth anymore. It depends economically on being part of the EEC more than the EEC depends on the UK (those Mercedes and BMWs are going to India and China, not the UK). And the US? If Trump attains power, he will not give a rat's ass about the UK.
Sorry to pull you up on this but some of that isn't correct, yes the UK isn't the most powerful economy in the Commonwealth but we aren't discussing the Commonwealth, this is about the EU.
Among the EEC we are apparently the 3rd strongest economy and worldwide we're 5th (not researched that myself), those Mercedes and BMWs are mainly going to France, followed by the USA and then the UK.

Quote:
The UK will spend the next decade renegotiating trade agreements with the EU, with the US, and adjusting all its national legislation and regulation at a time when the UK is in full austerity, the global economy is decidedly shaky and tip-toeing through a minefield of recession towards a fragile, hopeful recovery and the US may be facing the next decade with a madman at the helm.
Yea well don't blame me. I wasn't the idiot that decided an in/out referendum would be a good idea, it makes me laugh though when i hear Mr Cameron basically say what you just said when he was the one that proposed this in the first place.
Old 28th Feb 2016, 19:31   #98
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
I love the logic: somehow being outside of it is supposed to give the UK more power and influence over its relationship with the EU, than being part of it. Yeah, sure.

The timing of this is so utterly catastrophic I have no words for it. Leave the EU? The UK simply can't afford it --especially not now. The UK will be so screwed even Ireland will be laughing at it.
You're right with your analysis. However, not anything is about the numbers.

Lot's of people including me simply can't stand the way the EU is set up and operating. Either make it the United States of Europe or dissolve it and go back to the ETC.
The current state of the EU is a total disaster displayed by the current discussion about refugees, the still ongoing EURO-crisis, the intransparent negotiation of the TPP, etc, etc.

For most people in western-europe nothing would really change if the EU was converted back to the ETC tomorrow.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2016, 20:36   #99
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I would agree with you that a return to a ETC would be (largely) desirable, but that is better achieved within the EU than outside of it.

Meanwhile what worries me most is that ordinary voters don't understand the issue at all. On Radio 4 (Any Answers) a woman was bristling with rage that the EU imposed a law on the UK that oven gloves had to pass a test to resist temperatures of up to 200°C. What a ludicrous rule! They are dictating what oven gloves we can sell in this country! Not realising that in fact this rule protects her from unwittingly buying oven gloves that will melt themselves to her skin as soon as she takes her roast out of the oven.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Feb 2016, 20:43   #100
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
still voting to leave.......
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bit-tech breakfast thread, brexit means breakfast, derailment: the thread, fear mongering!!, findyerdummies, god save the queen!, grow up people, i'm not f**ked, immigration, internet fight, jesus christ this thread, jesus this echo chamber, little britain, nexxo needs to stop, nexxo versus, no we are not all f**ked, remoaner circle jerk, someone is obsessing!!!, storm in a teacup, unicorn fetish, we totally are f**ked, were all f**ked now, what is the eu?, wheres walle's breakfast?, £3.50 to the nhs!