bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Partner Forums > SCAN Computers - Pre Sales Support

Old 25th Jul 2016, 23:08   #1
TheMadDutchDude
Flying Dutchman

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Perfection from SCAN, disappointment from EK.

Hey guys,

I'd like to begin with stating that I am glad I decided to order with SCAN again. I was going to go with OCUK, but I decided to get my items from SCAN as you guys accepted Bitcoin as payment, and I had >1 BTC that I figured I may as well use instead of draining my bank.

Anyway, for what it is worth, the order went great from SCAN's standpoint. Everything was delivered as promised and it wasn't late. I was a little worried that they'd miss the Monday delivery as nothing got picked on Friday. It was picked and packed on Saturday, and with me today. Can't complain at all!

The issue I have is with EK. I bought a brand new rad (I hope it is brand new), and although it was sealed with their sticker, it is showing some signs of usage/mishandling during the production and/or packaging of the product. It's odd, because the box is in immaculate condition.

I will upload images a little later on. I just wanted to get this posted before the timer logs me out.

Pics coming shortly.
ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480@RX580 8GB with VRAM strap mod | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F
TheMadDutchDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th Jul 2016, 22:16   #2
TheMadDutchDude
Flying Dutchman

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Here's a link to the pics... sorry for the delay.

http://imgur.com/a/ZwhmH
ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480@RX580 8GB with VRAM strap mod | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F
Old 8th Aug 2016, 12:07   #3
mark@scan
Technical / Returns Manager

mark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyanmark@scan is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Thanks for sharing your order experience. Have you already been in contact regarding the radiator or is this something I can help you with further?

Regards
mark@scan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th Aug 2016, 18:36   #4
TheMadDutchDude
Flying Dutchman

I have been in contact, and Jonny told me that this is normal. I'm as surprised as you are! I sincerely hope it isn't normal to receive radiators with bent fins from the factory.

It's already added into my loop. I couldn't be bothered to mess around with it for the sake of a few bent fins and scuffs. I will next time, though.