bit-tech.net

Old 6th Aug 2016, 15:36   #1
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Oh boy

Only with a slight overclock:
Old 6th Aug 2016, 15:41   #2
noizdaemon666
I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

noizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyannoizdaemon666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan

That single Titan X is faster than most people's entire folding rig!
Old 6th Aug 2016, 17:27   #3
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
@Scorpuk - That's a beast
Old 7th Aug 2016, 01:28   #4
debs3759
Was that a warranty I just broke?

debs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyandebs3759 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
OMG! That's insane power! Only 66C at those clocks? Is that under water?

HeatWare
debs3759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th Aug 2016, 09:47   #5
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Scorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run CrysisScorpuk can run Crysis
Thanks all.

This is with the stock cooler and fan running at 100%. After market water blocks not available yet. Don't think I'll do it either.

I've moved it to a farm computer with a GTX970 in it too. Overclock now stable at +220MHz, but temps have gone up to 76C. Not getting the same PPD I got the first time, but still around 1.2m - 1.5m PPD.

Power Consumption of Titan X (Pascal) + GTX970:

~230W from the GTX970, so ~320W from Titan X (Pascal)

Last edited by Scorpuk; 7th Aug 2016 at 09:59.
Scorpuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2016, 10:53   #6
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Strongly considering selling 4 of my 970s to fund one one of these whilst I'm doing the next major re-jig my farm over the Christmas holidays. It's completing more work and generating more points than four of my 970s anyway...

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Unicorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th Nov 2016, 19:09   #7
DocJonz
Another CPC refugee .....

DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.DocJonz is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
Strongly considering selling 4 of my 970s to fund one one of these whilst I'm doing the next major re-jig my farm over the Christmas holidays. It's completing more work and generating more points than four of my 970s anyway...
I'd hold fire till the GTX 1080Ti comes out at the start of next year (rumours are for a possible release at CES 2017 in January) - should be similar performance, but lower cost.
Old 14th Nov 2016, 15:27   #8
Unicorn
Uniform November India

Unicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming SaiyanUnicorn is a Super Spamming Saiyan
That is good advice Doc!

"For every stalwart bit-tech-worthy tech out there, another 2 cretinous arse-scratchers are out there pulling your patches and reconfiguring your ****." - Krikkit
Old 8th Jan 2017, 01:03   #9
Unicorn
Uniform November India

I didn't really know where to put this, but decided that it would make an interesting contrast with Scorpuk's Titan X. I'm testing my triple 980 Hydro Coppers in my workstation whilst waiting for the rest of the parts I need to build the new farm machine they are going in. Obviously one air cooled 1080Ti would outperform these three cards and not cost any where near as much to buy or cool, but there is something about the 'old' 980 Hydro Copper cards that I love, and I've always wanted to run three of them in one machine!

I'm very glad to see that they are all running well. I was concerned that the middle card running on a PCI-E x8 slot would under-perform due to the bandwidth hit, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I did have an hour of panic as I couldn't get the system to boot with the middle card enabled and thought I might have got a faulty one, but it turned out to be a simple BIOS setting (memory low gap set on auto) which has caught me out before when configuring other triple card rigs for the farm, and I got all three up and running once I realized that.

As you can see, all three are overclocked to 1500MHz and the temps are nice and low thanks to the two 360mm radiators and dual pumps. The whole system is pulling between 850-900W from the wall when folding, and I saw it spike to over 1000W a couple of times yesterday. I still need to reinstall the Corsair link module for my freshly replaced AX1200i so that I can keep a close eye on power consumption but let's just say that even in this cold weather, I don't need the heating on in this office!

Last edited by Unicorn; 8th Jan 2017 at 10:17.
Old 8th Jan 2017, 08:41   #10
Scorpuk
Hypermodder

Nice rig setup Unicorn.

Theres no problem with the PCI-E slot speed as they are not trying to cram grphic data down the bus. I believe you can even get x1 to x16 adaptors and add more if you wanted and it be ok for folding.

Have you tried upping the overclock?
Old 8th Jan 2017, 10:28   #11
Unicorn
Uniform November India

There seems to have been a lot of conflicting info on the effect of PCI-E bandwidth on Folding, but the proof is in the pudding! At the moment my plan is to put these three into a Mastercase Pro 5, but my old HAF-X could become their new home because I might need the two additional expansion slots; I have another 980 HC on the way!

I haven't pushed them past 1500MHz yet because I wanted rock solid stability. From what I've read, they would probably need a custom BIOS to be pushed much further, but I'm happy enough to leave them where they are for now.

Old 14th Jan 2017, 21:11   #12
javaman
May irritate Eyes

javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.javaman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Very impressive Unicorn!

Actually I thought from everything I've read that core clock counted more than memory speed or PCI lanes.
Recently saw a SETI build on pcpartpicker using pci-e x1 to pci-e x16 cables to add extra cards.
javaman is offline   Reply With Quote