bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Feedback & Suggestions

Old 11th Jan 2017, 17:21   #1
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Modding - What do you want to see?

Hey guys! Some of you might have seen that I have just got a new job with bit-tech! I will be dealing with all things modding including tutorials, reviews and of course, builds.

You can read more about who I am and what I do HERE.

As always, I want to know what you folks actually want to see from us. Let me know what you want to learn and I will do my best to get a tutorial online.

For now, the tutorials will be text and photo-based, but in the future we are hoping to ensure everything is uploaded in glorious HD.

So, do you struggle with cable sleeving? What about hardline tubing? Or even something a little simpler like drilling a hole in an acrylic panel? Well, let me know and I will do an article on it! I'm looking to do beginner, intermediate and advanced tutorials, so all ideas are welcome.
davido_labido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th Jan 2017, 22:56   #2
Maki role
Dale you're on a roll...

Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.Maki role is definitely a rep cheat.
Risk assessment. Although that's more so that you don't maim yourself before the other articles are done
Maki role is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th Jan 2017, 00:23   #3
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by davido_labido View Post
What about hardline tubing?
I'd like to see that
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2017, 12:22   #4
Impatience
Ultramodder

Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.Impatience is definitely a rep cheat.
Tbh, it'd be cool to see a mod progress with tutorials for each bit! Like how you do a lightbox/psu shroud (for those with older cases), Gpu backplates, hardline tubing, how to best organise cables for cable tidying etc.

That way, all the beginners can see how the build progresses and can follow the guide as a template for making their own mods or improvements on their builds.
Impatience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th Jan 2017, 17:25   #5
Arboreal
I *am* a Dremel

Arboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming SaiyanArboreal is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impatience View Post
Tbh, it'd be cool to see a mod progress with tutorials for each bit! Like how you do a lightbox/psu shroud (for those with older cases), Gpu backplates, hardline tubing, how to best organise cables for cable tidying etc.

That way, all the beginners can see how the build progresses and can follow the guide as a template for making their own mods or improvements on their builds.
That would be handy, I have no clue and give up quickly on that front!
Arboreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th Jan 2017, 12:22   #6
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
great ideas guys, jotted them down so I can look into them all and figure out a way to show you as clearly as possible.

I will also be doing some things with some well-known modders, so if there are any modders that you see that you want some extra info on, tell me! I will hunt them down and find out how they do what they do!

I want bit-tech to be a fountain of knowledge regardless of how much experience the modder has.
Old 16th Jan 2017, 14:34   #7
suenstar
Collector of Things

suenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyansuenstar is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'd be interested in a piece/series on your recommended tools & techniques for modding projects of varying complexity, taking us from beginner to advanced mods.
Old 18th Jan 2017, 23:53   #8
mrdbristol
Voided my warranty years ago

mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.mrdbristol is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
What about hardline tubing?
This
( Jan 10 ) : Purple Rain ( CustomPC - Issue 81 ( April '10 ) / MOTY '10 Nominee
mrdbristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 18:58   #9
mal
Modder

mal has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
cable sleeving?
I would not mind seeing more on this. Mainly, which tools are better than others to get the job done.

mal
mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th Feb 2017, 19:23   #10
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal View Post
I would not mind seeing more on this. Mainly, which tools are better than others to get the job done.

mal
This will definitely happen if I get my way, I do a lot of sleeving and have most of the tools already
Old 21st May 2017, 23:50   #11
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

bumping this! Still wanting your ideas folks!
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:40   #12
MLyons@BOXFX
Minimodder

MLyons@BOXFX has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
I'd love to see a build from start to finish with a tutorial on everything done. Even stuff such as cable management and allow feedback from users on what to do for the build.
MLyons@BOXFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:58   #13
bigc90210
Teh C

bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.bigc90210 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Techniques for draining / filling W/C setups would be handy. My triple rad/triple gpu/cpu setup needs changed and the thought of it terrifies me > <
Asus Maximus VI Extreme, i7 4770k @ 4.7GHz, EK Supremacy, Custom Triple Rad Loop, 32GB (4x8gb) Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1600Mhz 1.5v, 3 x W/C Titans in SLI, 2x500gb Samsung 850 RAID 0, 2x2TB WD Greens in RAID 1, Corsair 540, Logitech G19, Razer Naga Molten, Razer Vaspula, Razer Kraken, Leap Motion, Double 27" 2560x1440p Dells, 4k Acer G-Sync,
bigc90210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2017, 17:36   #14
Cheapskate
↓ Don't trust that face!

Cheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming SaiyanCheapskate is a Super Spamming Saiyan
A comprehensive cable tutorial, not just a quick pump'n'dump crimp job. Something with cable pinouts, lacing techniques, 3 or more sleeving techniques, and common names and types of headers/pins used. Don't forget that wacky USB3.0 with the odd pin spacing.

Someone needs a 'one-stop-shop' info dump in one place, and it should be Bit.