bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Tech Support

Old 18th Feb 2017, 19:55   #1
Drachnem
Supermodder

Drachnem has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Why images no work in posts for me?

I keep trying to post images but it just shows up as a broken image icon.

Any advise?
[TheTower900][i7 5820K][MSI X99 SLI Plus][Cosair Vengeance 32gb][Evga 1070sc 2-way SLI][Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB & 1TB)][3x 3TB HDD][Evga Supernova 1200 PSU][Nzxt Hue +][4x Samsung 950 Pro SSD 1TB][Oculus Rift + Touch][Acer 27 2k Predator & 34 Curved 4k Dell]
Drachnem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2017, 21:03   #2
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Where are you hosting the images?
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2017, 21:42   #3
Drachnem
Supermodder

I tried imgr and google.
[TheTower900][i7 5820K][MSI X99 SLI Plus][Cosair Vengeance 32gb][Evga 1070sc 2-way SLI][Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB & 1TB)][3x 3TB HDD][Evga Supernova 1200 PSU][Nzxt Hue +][4x Samsung 950 Pro SSD 1TB][Oculus Rift + Touch][Acer 27 2k Predator & 34 Curved 4k Dell]
Old 18th Feb 2017, 22:28   #4
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
can you post one so that I can look at it?
davido_labido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th Feb 2017, 23:17   #5
Drachnem
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davido_labido View Post
can you post one so that I can look at it?

just tried a direct link, however it shows a HUGE image, and not a smaller version of it.
Old 18th Feb 2017, 23:19   #6
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.davido_labido is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Ok, will check it out
Old 18th Feb 2017, 23:25   #7
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

Hmmm, seems imgur is the issue, if you use http://postimg.org/ it works fine

I used these tags:
PHP Code:
[img]https://s10.postimg.org/amvjo9ypl/Erbke_Zt.jpg[/img] 
Old 19th Feb 2017, 01:18   #8
Drachnem
Supermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by davido_labido View Post
Hmmm, seems imgur is the issue, if you use http://postimg.org/ it works fine

I used these tags:
PHP Code:
[img]https://s10.postimg.org/amvjo9ypl/Erbke_Zt.jpg[/img] 
Awesome i'll try that site then, thanks!
Old 19th Feb 2017, 01:38   #9
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachnem View Post

just tried a direct link, however it shows a HUGE image, and not a smaller version of it.
When using imgur you need to use the direct link (the one ending in .Jpg or whatever file type youre using) and pick the large thumbnail option to not show such a massive pic

Like this:

The URL is only different to the one you tried in that it ends in L.JPG (L for large thumbnail)
Old 19th Feb 2017, 08:37   #10
davido_labido
Staff
bit-tech Staff

I thought that too, but I couldn't see the other links as I haven't used it for ages and the Imgur site has changed.

I found how to do it now though, a dropbox appears if you mouse over the top right and there are more options there

Old 19th Feb 2017, 09:29   #11
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

Weird - I still get this page