bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > Serious

Old 24th Mar 2017, 12:23   #61
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
Blame Thatcher then
That's kind of my default position.

"We are the music makers; we are the dreamers of dreams"

Current project: Metaversa 02 Ada.
Nexxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 12:52   #62
loftie
Mod Master

loftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyanloftie is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbridge View Post
We had better be pulling that article 50... sht is about to get real on the continent, you don't want to be there.
Indeed, it's the only way to stop the mushroom murdering Italian plumbers coming over here stealing our jobs and killing our 'shrooms. We need to leave the EU, we all know that once we do no-one will smuggle themselves in for nefarious purposes, it'll be impossible. The only reason people smuggling exists right now is the EU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowbridge View Post
LOVE ENGLAND UK...
FTFY

P.S. The guy who carried out this attack, well he was British born.
Old 24th Mar 2017, 13:40   #63
DXR_13KE
BananaModder

DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.DXR_13KE is definitely a rep cheat.
What strikes me as odd is that if this happened some... idk... 17 years ago, before 9/11, it would be a simple burp in the news: "madman runs over people and stabs a policeman". And then it would fade away the very next day.
Now? "Terrorist slaughters innocents in the UK and attacks parliament, let us show you the reconstruction during the next week or two, call in 'experts' and use this as lumber in the racist/xenophobic bonfire."

AFAIK knife attacks are something common in the UK? Why is this event something so shocking?
Old 24th Mar 2017, 13:46   #64
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXR_13KE View Post
What strikes me as odd is that if this happened some... idk... 17 years ago, before 9/11, it would be a simple burp in the news: "madman runs over people and stabs a policeman". And then it would fade away the very next day.
Now? "Terrorist slaughters innocents in the UK and attacks parliament, let us show you the reconstruction during the next week or two, call in 'experts' and use this as lumber in the racist/xenophobic bonfire."

AFAIK knife attacks are something common in the UK? Why is this event something so shocking?
Kids are murdering each other on a daily basis in London and it doesn't even make the regional news. My mother asked me to install a Freesat box for her a few years ago because she said the news down here was "boring, nothing ever happens". So I got her a Freesat box so she can keep up on all of the latest London stuff, including all of the stabbings etc.

From what you guys were saying about being desensitised to it? yeah, I guess I am from the same stable. Grew up in Brixton with all of the stuff going on from mad *******s with nail bombs to the IRA. Spent my childhood keeping my eyes peeled for suspect baggage etc. Seen people shot and stabbed outside night clubs etc. It does kinda knock it out of you over the years..

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 13:50   #65
Harlequin
Banned

Harlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming SaiyanHarlequin is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
That's kind of my default position.
Technically though its not true , the community care act was first suggested by the previous labour government to shut down the asylums. The disappointing part, which is not much talked about , of that same Act, was the changes made to make a `more business like` NHS , forcing competition and the internal market. Privatisation by the back door.

And Uni fee`s? this is the shocking part - Labour introduced them in 1998 with the Teaching and Higher education Act , they then raised then in 2003 with the Higher Education Act to 3000, but
in 2009 - Lord Browne was commissioned by Labour, to report on the sustainability of tax payer supported higher education and the feasibility of raising the fee to 9000. Want to be gobsmacked? Keith Joseph suggested Uni fee`s way back in 1984 , but had to drop that part of his education bill to gain support!

Might have just written an essay about Development of Social Welfare in the 21st Century :P

So whilst Thatcher has a lot to answer for (although ofc like minded Mp`s would disagree) , Blair simply carrier on Thatcherism
Harlequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 14:00   #66
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexxo View Post
Seriously, why hasn't rainbowbridge been banned yet? If I wanted to read mad, racist rants I would turn to the Daily Mail column of Katie Hopkins.
Gone.

Too many warnings about trashing Serious threads - enough is enough.
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 14:09   #67
RedFlames
...is in the wrong quantum reality

RedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming SaiyanRedFlames is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeK View Post
Gone.

Too many warnings about trashing Serious threads - enough is enough.

RedFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 14:23   #68
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Indeed, the reporting style has completely changed, compare to how the media talked about such issues back in 1997 for example: http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/2519581.stm
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 14:31   #69
Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
All these cuts to mental health services are really starting to show.
So being racist etc is frowned upon but it's perfectly PC to take the piss out of the mentally ill?

I don't get it. For years and years coloured people fought for equal rights and acceptance. Gays spent decades doing the same, yet the focus of poking fun at people now seems to be the mentally ill, that's OK.

It isn't. At all. Find something else to take the piss out of would you?

I can tell you these cuts to the mental health service are nothing to joke about either. I'm 42 years old and just before Christmas I attempted to take my own life for the first time ever it's that bad. Up until now I had always had some one to talk to, some one to confide in. That's now been taken from me and I see some one every two months if I am lucky. Trust me, it's nothing to make fun of.

You've sort of lost your own argument too. You chastise and ban this pillock for being a bigot then resort to the same behaviour yourself.

MUWC Winner ROTT
Old 24th Mar 2017, 14:51   #70
Gunsmith
Maximum Win

Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.Gunsmith is definitely a rep cheat.
Gunsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 14:53   #71
Margo Baggins
I'm good at Soldering

Margo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming SaiyanMargo Baggins is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It only took years and years

I like it that George did it too - someone once called him Hitler.

i7 6700k - 8GB - GTX 1070
keyboards.
Margo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 15:25   #72
Vault-Tec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo Baggins View Post

haha you've not earned your moderator stripes until some one has called you Hitler

MUWC Winner ROTT
Old 24th Mar 2017, 15:38   #73
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
So being racist etc is frowned upon but it's perfectly PC to take the piss out of the mentally ill?
I don't get it. For years and years coloured people fought for equal rights and acceptance. Gays spent decades doing the same, yet the focus of poking fun at people now seems to be the mentally ill, that's OK.

It isn't. At all. Find something else to take the piss out of would you?
Apologises but what part of what i said is taking the piss?

Quote:
I can tell you these cuts to the mental health service are nothing to joke about either. I'm 42 years old and just before Christmas I attempted to take my own life for the first time ever it's that bad. Up until now I had always had some one to talk to, some one to confide in. That's now been taken from me and I see some one every two months if I am lucky. Trust me, it's nothing to make fun of.
I wasn't making fun of it, i was responding to this post RB made that i think it's safe to say was rather incoherent and possibly demonstrated that (s)he needs professional help that obviously isn't available.

I know cuts to mental health services are nothing to laugh at and i can only apologise if what i said came across as me making light of it, that wasn't my intention, my intention was to highlight how cuts to mental health services have real world effects on peoples well-being, especially at times of stress like the attack at Westminster that healthy people are better equipped to cope with.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 16:47   #74
Porkins' Wingman
Can't touch this

Porkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming SaiyanPorkins' Wingman is a Super Spamming Saiyan
https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Keith-palmer

I wonder how many of these fundraisers Tony Blair donates to...
"Porkins' Wingman's post is just about the most thoughtful, inciteful post I have ever read on a public forum anywhere. It has made me think....which is no mean feat in itself." - Provoking thought since 8th March 2014
Porkins' Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 17:40   #75
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Nexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming SaiyanNexxo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margo Baggins View Post

Yeah, but they meant it affectionally.

Quote:
haha you've not earned your moderator stripes until some one has called you Hitler
Good times.

Old 24th Mar 2017, 19:17   #76
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I can't say I'm surprised or sorry to see RB go. His racist nonsense, whether deliberate or not, was a PITA in threads like this.

That said, I hope he's OK and if he does have any real issues, I hope he manages to sort himself out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkins' Wingman View Post
Over 600k now! That's amazing.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th Mar 2017, 21:44   #77
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Quote:

Moreover, on Monday a White Supremacist stabbed a black man to death in New York. His aim was to kill as many black people as he could.

Did we hear about it here? No. Did President Trump make a statement about it? No. A tweet perhaps? No. Did anyone write a diatribe about how White extremism is out of control and a threat to society? No. Did anyone lament how White supremacists refusing to integrate with mainstream society is a threat to us all? Nope.

Old 25th Mar 2017, 11:11   #78
Ending Credits
Bunned

Ending Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming SaiyanEnding Credits is a Super Spamming Saiyan
In fairness, he hasn't said much about the London attacks either.

Seems like his spin doctors have finally managed to reign back his twitter use.
Ending Credits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2017, 11:44   #79
Yadda
Vegan Sandwich

Yadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming SaiyanYadda is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Imagine how the ordinary Amercan folk who voted for him must feel now. Not the fanatics or loons but the ordinary, fairly neutral folk who either didn't really think he'd win but voted for him as some kind of protest, or thought they'd "give him a chance".

So many parallels with Brexit.

Anyway, I digress. This isn't about Donald.

i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz / ASRock Z97m OC Formula mATX / 2x8GB Crucial Tactical DDR3 @ 2200MHz C10 / EVGA GTX 780 @ 1200/6400MHz / BX100 250GB SSD / Seagate 2TB SSHD / Nepton 240m AIO / EVGA 600B PSU / Corsair Carbide Air 240 / Win10 Home / 1080p monitor / Logitech MOMO wheel
Yadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th Mar 2017, 12:05   #80
Nexxo
Whatever's Geek.

Donald would like to disagree. Everything is about Donald.