1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The bit-tech Crowdfunding Thread!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Pachalski, 20 Mar 2017.

1. Pachalski

Pachalski What's a Dremel?

The wolds smallest full performance PC case!

[​IMG]

As a 10-yearold I bult my first PC, a 16Mhz 386 with 2 MB of RAM, 20 MB 3.5” IDE HDD and booted DOS 3.1. Ever since I have been a serious PC enthusiast. In the beginning it was all about pushing the system to it’s limits by overclocking and homemade water cooling systems based on fountain pumps and garden hoses from the hardware store that dangled down the window from my childhood room. When I eventually moved from the comfort of my parents’ home I remember feeling “my home is where my PC is”. In fact, the first I unpacked was my green Cheftech full-tower monster, stared WinAmp and spent hours on IRC before I started thinking of the rest of the moving boxes.

After 10 years in the management consulting industry (and countless Lenovo Laptops) the urge of revisiting the good old days suddenly came back. I was surprised to see that the product development in the PC case field had practically been standing still since I last built a PC. My last chasse was comparable to what the market had to offer now, still made out of stamped and perforated sheet metal, the same panel gaps and the clanky fell held together with pop riverts – “How can so little have happened in this field when every other aspect of the PC has shifted lightyears?” was my reaction.

I had outgrown the PC chassis from the past, but was still in demand of the performance. I wanted a Small Form Factor PC Case that did not only fit all the latest technology but also looked good enough to deserve a place in front of the sofa next to our BangOlufsen speakers. This was 163 days ago, I decided to quit my day-job and focus all my energy on making such a PC reality. Today it is all starting to come together and I would like to present the results. All feedback possible is appreciated before we launch our KickStarter campaign.

The Ghost S1

The Spine
    [​IMG]

The Core
    [​IMG]

The full system
    [​IMG]

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I like the aesthetic.

Is the "Spine" an aluminum extrusion as it has some rather difficult features to form using conventional sheet metal processes.

Industrial Designer working in the world of Aluminum manufacture, so send me a PM if you want help.

3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Looks like it, I have been following the more detailed posts on smallformfactor.net about it.
    Some really clever materials engineering has gone into it, I particularly like the stacking extension concept

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Looks very nice but the more I read about it the more expensive it sounds. I do hope that they don't price themselves out of the market!

5. Xir

Xir Modder

...but my PC'S have always been in a dust free-environment and my PSU can exhaust through a solid plate...:thumb:

Yeah, nice story, but to me it looks like a fingerplay in design by someone totally out of the business.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Seen an interesting crowdfunding campaign for an audience-appropriate thing - like a delidding tool, custom PC case, open-hardware laptop, 3D printer or the like? Running an interesting crowdfunding campaign? Here's the place to discuss it!

To keep the forum as uncluttered as possible, posts about crowdfunding campaigns created outside this thread will be moved into it as soon as a mod or admin notices - and if you see one that's been missed, hit the 'report' button to speed things along!

7. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Multimodder

Is this still worth a sticky? No posts for 18 months.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

No, unstuck.

Tags: