bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 27th Mar 2017, 23:47   #1
creative
500rwhp

creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.creative is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Is it possible and if so, how?

I work in realestate and one of the sales guys came to me today to ask a question if its possible to create a document that will automatically contain a set number of properties (eg 5) in a simple visual document. A new property is added at the top and it auto removes the one oldest whilst moving the other 4 down the list to allow the top one to be inserted.

Would this be a database type setup and something ( Word,powerpoint, specific software) then references/lookup this DB or is there a very simple way I am missing?

Please remember these are sales guys that have no interest in how things work or whats involved. They just want it to work so has to be as simple as possible.

Im just having a brain fart regarding this...
Fractal Design XL R2 Case * MSI Z97-G45-GAMING LGA1150 * Coolmaster Nepton 280L * Coolermaster V1000 psu * Gigabyte GTX1070 * Intel Core i5 4670K LGA1150 CPU 3.4Ghz 6Mb Cache Haswell * 32Gb HyperX Savage DDR3 * Samsung 850 Evo mSATA * OCZ 128G Vector Series SSD * Seagate 4tb HDD * 3Tb WD Green * 500gb Seagate Hybrid Drive *
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th Mar 2017, 08:16   #2
Edwards
Hypermodder

Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.Edwards is definitely a rep cheat.
Depends on where/what format you keep your property data. More likely the best method is to create a report/dashboard in that system that your sales guys can look at. Failing that, if you have database access you could write a script to pull the 5 latest records and export that to csv or similar.
i7 4930k - Asus Sabertooth x79 - 32GB - MSI GTX 970 - 240GB OCZ RevoDrive 3 - 512GB Samsung 840 Pro - 1TB Samsung F3 - 2TB Samsung F4 - 2TB Hitachi Deskstar- 3TB Seagate Barracuda XT - Corsair HX650 - LG IPS231P-BN x 2 - Corsair K70 - Logitech G502
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote