bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Misc > General

Old 20th Apr 2017, 15:36   #81
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFlames View Post
IIRC the LibDems and the Greens did/said similar...

Various variants of:

Party A: 'We need to work together...'
Party B: 'Work with Party A?... eww gross...'
All the while May sits back and lol's her way to the bank.

Be interesting to see these TV debates, as much as I'm sure they'd all love to gang up on the absent Conservative representative, I expect it to turn into another "I CAN SHOUT LOUDER THAN YOU, POO HEAD!" playground argument...

And then they'll continue to wonder why a large number of people can't be bothered with it all. When I watch PMQ's it's like a posh version of when I used to live on a council estate as a kid...
Old 20th Apr 2017, 15:41   #82
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Speaking of Sturgeon though, there was a hilarious clip on Sky news yesterday of her making this grand speech of "rallying at all costs to oust the Tories" (not a direct quote), then when asked if that meant potentially a coalition deal was like, "No we won't work with Labour or the Lib Dems because they suck balls too" (again, not a direct quote)... Who is she planning to work with then? Does she have knowledge of an imminent anti-Conservative Alien invasion??

Maybe she thinks that if Tartanland goes 100% SNP, she can force another devolution vote through?
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th Apr 2017, 16:15   #83
edzieba
Virtual Realist

edzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyanedzieba is a Super Spamming Saiyan
If it's just on the back of "you guys can go brexit but leave us out of it!" then the SNP should do very well indeed. One of the big drivers for Scotland remaining within the UK in the previous referendum was the uncertainty over whether they would be able to remain within the EU on becoming independent from the UK. Now faced with the definite separation from the EU when remaining part of the UK, or merely possible separation (or separation followed by rapid re-entry) as independent, independence becomes a lot more attractive.
edzieba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 00:03   #84
rollo
I Mod, Therefore I Own

rollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyanrollo is a Super Spamming Saiyan
SNP does not want to join the EU, That is the official party memo. They want market access at current rates basically.

Scotlands terms from the EU would be fun to see for said market access.
rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 07:13   #85
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by edzieba View Post
Now faced with the definite separation from the EU when remaining part of the UK, or merely possible separation (or separation followed by rapid re-entry) as independent, independence becomes a lot more attractive.
Except, they'd be at the back of the queue for EU membership, would have to rejoin NATO, would have to take the Euro, would stop receiving more than they contribute in terms of budget, and the oil price is 60% less than it was in 2014. Oh, and they'd also have to take on the billions of decommissioning subsidies as well too.

The SNP are lucky because no matter how badly they can screw up Scotland, they can just bang the independence drum and blame everything on Westminster. The fact that their school standards are lower and Scottish unemployment is rising again simply has zero to do with the SNP being inept, one policy politicians does it...

Once in a Generation my arse.
Mankz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 07:22   #86
Corky42
What did walle eat for breakfast?

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I'll have you know my arse is a once in a generation arse, i have no plans to replace my arse.
Corky42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 07:58   #87
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
We here in Bonnie Scotland live in a one party state, a situation unlikely to change for decades. The SNP would have trouble running a bath it alone a country. Where once Scotland had an education system the envy if the world it has slumped to third worldd standards. Our health service is in crisis as is the now unified police service which also lurches from one scandal to the next.

The SNP promised a different type of government than Westminster more open, more transparent then Alec Salmon came along and spent hundreds of thousands of pounds of public money to keep very dubious expenses claims out of the public domain. The SNP pretty much ignores Freedom of Information requests as I have found out and only taking matters to the Information Commissionerror to get things sorted. As we gave no effective opposition things are likely to get decidedly worse up here.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/500Gb OCZ TR150 SSD/2 x 256Gb SSD/ 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 09:19   #88
LennyRhys
Fan Fan

LennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming SaiyanLennyRhys is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo
SNP does not want to join the EU
Wut? SNP isn't a country, buddy. The Scottish people (by majority) would like to remain in the EU, and the SNP are in full support of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNP Website
We believe that the best way to build a more prosperous and equal Scotland is to be a full independent member of the EU.
Unfortunately for us, it's not a simple case of getting what the people vote for, or indeed what our representatives try to secure for us - our hands are always going to be tied by Westminster, unless we get independence.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 09:28   #89
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Kronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming SaiyanKronos is a Super Spamming Saiyan
I find it pretty telling that the SNP have quietly dropped from their rhetoric the phrase The Scottish People and instead now use the words The Scottish Parliament when it comes to talking about the SNP's demand for a second referendum on independence, coupled with their reluctance to publish the results of Sturgeons much trumpeted 'Listening Exercise' on the same subject. One can only assume that the results did not say what she wanted to hear.

Why has the SNP not used all the extra powers that she made such a fuss about, of course by not doing so she is able to blame Westminster for all Scotland's woes rather than shoulder any blame whatsoever.
Carbide 240/Asus Z170M plus/I5 6600K @ 4.6Ghz/Avexir Core Blue Series 16GB /AXP 200 Muscle /Gigabyte FE 1080/500Gb OCZ TR150 SSD/2 x 256Gb SSD/ 2TB HDD/ SST-ST60F-P PSU/Dell U3415/CM TK White (browns)/Logitech G400s/.
Silverstone GD05B/ MSI B751A-E33/G840/2x2GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 Red LED/GTX 260/Kingston 60GB/500GB WD/Corsair CX500/Dell U2711/ E Element Chroma KB /Logitech M518.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 09:40   #90
Corky42

Corky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming SaiyanCorky42 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
She's taken a play from the Westminster politicians playbook, it's not us whose to blame it's Westminster/EU.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 09:47   #91
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corky42 View Post
She's taken a play from the Westminster politicians playbook, it's not us whose to blame it's Westminster/EU.
But we were promised a new form of government instead we have the ultra childish behaviour of deliberately confrontational attitude on everything and blaming Westminster for all.
But I suppose it is to be expected given blame heaped upon the English for Bannockburn and the like quietly forgetting that these battles included thousands of Scots fighting on both sides. And of course there is no such thing as racism where the English are concerned, it is according to Alec Salmond nothing more than banter.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 09:56   #92
Corky42

What's the world coming to when we can't trust what politicians promise us, what surprised me having just looked it up is that politicians are the least trusted people in the UK with only 15% of people trusting them, yet somehow we keep expecting them to keep their word, myself included.

Hope springs eternal.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 10:00   #93
stuartpb
Banned

stuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyanstuartpb is a Super Spamming Saiyan
So is anyone else looking forward to the elections about as much as they would be the prospect of contracting a bad case of the clap?

I have absolutely NO enthusiasm for the TV debates, political analysis, polls, soundbites and general hot air blowing that has started already and will continue till June. They wonder why people have given up voting?? It's not democracy, it's a circus and a bad one at that!!
stuartpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 10:04   #94
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Quote:
What's the world coming to when we can't trust what politicians promise us, what surprised me having just looked it up is that politicians are the least trusted people in the UK with only 15% of people trusting them, yet somehow we keep expecting them to keep their word, myself included.

Hope springs eternal.
I certainly agree with you in regards to politicians in general particularly in Westminster. But the SNP promised something new after all they were the new kid on the block. But as it turned out they are far worse than those in London that they despise.
Not all dislike of the SNP though, the former Justice Secretary Kenny MacAskill has been the best politician I have ever met as he took on the DWP for me and not only beat but made them repay the 5,250 + interest that they had wrongly took from my sickness benefit whilst I was being treated for cancer 8 years ago. My Labour MP was not remotely interested.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 10:09   #95
Mankz

Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.Mankz is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartpb View Post
I have absolutely NO enthusiasm for the TV debates, political analysis, polls, soundbites and general hot air blowing that has started already and will continue till June. They wonder why people have given up voting?? It's not democracy, it's a circus and a bad one at that!!
This.

I'm all fine with the election, im not fine with 24 hour rolling news on it, because all it does is push out, what are still important stories around the world from front pages.

Every time anyone opens their mouth we need 5 paragraphs and X twitter responses on it.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 10:23   #96
Kronos
Another grumpy old git.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankz View Post
This.

I'm all fine with the election, im not fine with 24 hour rolling news on it, because all it does is push out, what are still important stories around the world from front pages.

Every time anyone opens their mouth we need 5 paragraphs and X twitter responses on it.
But this is the way the BBC News handles stories these days. The latest terrorist incident in London the BBC actually broadcast an interview with a guy did nothing but hear the sirens, was nowhere near the incident but the BBC thought his input pertinent. So will it be with this election everyone and anyone will be interviewed because luckily the rest of the world stops as far as the BBC is concerned.

To be honest the BBC news service on TV has been a joke for quite sometime. On their News Channel you will be lucky to get 17 minutes news in any one hour the rest being filled with perhaps The Travel Show, or Click or This Week in the News, a historical look at News Items in the past but this can be a fortnight old. Then there will be trailers for forthcoming BBC programs and don't get me started on the BBC not making any effort to hide it's bias, blatantly anti Brexit, Trump and I suspect anyone other than the Tories.
Old 21st Apr 2017, 11:38   #97
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.
Still, it's not as bad as the Suicide Squad that is the French Presidential candidates, right?
Old 21st Apr 2017, 12:13   #98
IanW
Grumpy Old Git

IanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming SaiyanIanW is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Politics 101:-
  1. Promise everything
  2. Deliver nothing
  3. Blame the other lot
  4. Claim expenses
IanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 12:41   #99
Anfield
Mod Master

Anfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming SaiyanAnfield is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
just looked it up is that politicians are the least trusted people in the UK with only 15% of people trusting them
I'm surprised its more than 0.15% tbh.
R7 1800X, ASRock X370 Taichi, 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 DDR4, ASUS Strix 1080TI OC, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 4TB WD Black, EVGA T2 1KW, Lian Li PC-O9WX, EK Supremacy Evo, EK-XRES 140 DDC 3.2, EK-CoolStream PE 360, Ducky Shine 6 (Brown Switches), Logitech G402, AOC U3477PQU (34" 21:9 ftw)
Anfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st Apr 2017, 12:42   #100
Mankz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Politics 101:-
  1. Promise everything
  2. Deliver stuff people don't really want
  3. Blame the other lot
  4. Claim expenses
  5. Inevitable scandal involving expenses/rent-boys/dodgy loans/access
  6. Profit
FTFY.

View Mode