bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 30th Apr 2017, 02:02   #1
Jeff Hine
Full-on self-deprecator

Jeff Hine has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Starting to wonder if it even IS a GPU issue...

As much as repeating old threads is frowned upon, this one has started 'doing my nut in' again - the biggest fear I have is replacing a part of my PC that - subsequently - isn't the source of the fault I have, to find I STILL need to spend money afterwards on 'other suspects'.... 'cos knowing my luck, it won't be the first 'suspect' that's the root of the cause.

I can't nail it down to 'overheating' or 'driver issues' -or anything else - but can VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR BSoD be attributed to anything other than a GPU issue... and, at what point does a GPU (if that IS the cause) become 'a lost cause that needs replacing'...?

I HAVE tried as many other sources say & used the 'Uninstall ALL GPU drivers'-tool approach but at some point I'm either going to have to replace ONE part (minor crawling to the Boss) or save up for a year (or several) for a whole new PC - if I can get away with the former I'd like to, but aside from someone else (better equipped to diagnose the problem) sat here until the problem occurs again I'm at a major loss as to what part of this infernal machine to vent my anger on.

Thinkin' little of myself - I do it, so you don't have to.
World of Warcraft™ may be an old game, but it still deserves 'love'
Jeff Hine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th Apr 2017, 05:03   #2
TheMadDutchDude
Flying Dutchman

TheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming SaiyanTheMadDutchDude is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Try down clocking the VRAM and see if it continues. That's when I get those kinds of errors on my cards.
ASUS X99-Deluxe/U3.1 | Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Custom CPU Water Cooling | Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB | 2x ASUS STRIX RX480@RX580 8GB with VRAM strap mod | Samsung SM951 256GB NVMe + 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB in RAID0 | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 1kW | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv TG | CM Masterkeys Pro L | Logitech G502 | Logitech G920 | ASUS ZenBook UX305F
TheMadDutchDude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 00:09   #3
RagingMadman
Multimodder

RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.RagingMadman is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Try a clean install? I've had BSOD issues with AMD beta drivers in the past that no amount of anything fixed except doing a clean install all together. The other option would be that you do have an intel system so try running the igpu for a few and see if you still have the BSOD issues?