bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Software

Old 11th May 2017, 20:59   #1
Invictus.
Hypermodder

Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.
Updating Windows 10 using a USB Drive?

Hi there,

Sorry if this is a "stupid" question.. In short at work we are having some issues upgrading to the latest builds of windows 10.. Using the upgrade assistant we generally get an error code 0x80190001 of which looking online just says use the media creation tool instead.

When trying to use the media creation tool with either "update this PC" or the "create a USB / download ISO" option it reports an error code of "0x80200013 - 0x90017" Of which I can only find relates to a firewall or proxy issue..

The oddest thing was that the tools used worked perfectly fine yesterday.. Now onto the original question really.. on my home PC I have the Content creators update etc, If I was to create the ISO I can use this to update the systems at work using all of their licences right? As the ISO doesn't get tied to any licences based on my understanding?
Invictus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 21:31   #2
Behemoth
Timelord in training

Behemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming SaiyanBehemoth is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invictus. View Post
Hi there,

Sorry if this is a "stupid" question.. In short at work we are having some issues upgrading to the latest builds of windows 10.. Using the upgrade assistant we generally get an error code 0x80190001 of which looking online just says use the media creation tool instead.

When trying to use the media creation tool with either "update this PC" or the "create a USB / download ISO" option it reports an error code of "0x80200013 - 0x90017" Of which I can only find relates to a firewall or proxy issue..

The oddest thing was that the tools used worked perfectly fine yesterday.. Now onto the original question really.. on my home PC I have the Content creators update etc, If I was to create the ISO I can use this to update the systems at work using all of their licences right? As the ISO doesn't get tied to any licences based on my understanding?
Your licence gets bound once Windows has activated after the installation or there is a licence that qualifies which is hard coded into the BIOS of the machine your installing to.
|Dell Latitude E6320|Intel Core i5 2520m 2.5 GHz|8 Gig of RAM|
Behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2017, 21:33   #3
Invictus.
Hypermodder

Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.Invictus. is definitely a rep cheat.
Thanks for the reply. I thought that was the case just wanted to be sure before going ahead and attempting it that to start it actually is possible and secondly that it won't really affect anything other than applying the updates
Invictus. is offline   Reply With Quote