bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > Technology > Hardware

Old 13th May 2017, 09:41   #1
Jimmy6
Multimodder

Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
2 monitor gaming options

Hi all,

Currently gaming on an old Dell 2711 until the Holy Grail of next-gen monitors comes out. I picked up a 4K Samsung KS8000 cheap in a sale and have a question about how best to use it for occasional gaming.

I mostly game using KB and mouse at the desktop, but for occasional sofa sessions I'd like to use the Samsung TV. It's currently hooked up to the HDMI output (2711 is the primary monitor on DP) and it works fine as a 2nd monitor. All games play on the 2711 - is there a way to select which display a game runs on?

I know I can disconnect the one I'm not using, but I'd rather not fiddle around with wires every time I want to use the TV as a monitor. Is there an elegant software based solution?

Thanks
Intel 6700K // Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha // 32GB 3000MHz Corsair DDR4 // MSI GTX1080 // 512Gb Samsung 950Pro M2 // 1Tb Samsung 850Pro // Custom EK loop // Dell 2711 // ROG Claymore Core // Corsair M90 //
Jimmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 09:52   #2
GeorgeK
Oooh purple

GeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming SaiyanGeorgeK is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Presuming that Windows always plays on the 'Main Display' (don't know this for sure by the way) could you just go into display settings (right click the desktop) and change which is the main display before launching the game?
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 10:05   #3
johnim40
Ultramodder

johnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyanjohnim40 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Hi i found this maybe https://sourceforge.net/projects/tvgamelauncher/

MAIN
:I7 4770k:Asus +:780GTX:SERVER:x5650:780 GTX:F2:I5 3570k:2 x msi970 GTX
Folding Stats HFM.NET

johnim40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 09:23   #4
Jimmy6
Multimodder

Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Jimmy6 is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Awesome, I'll give them both a try. Thanks.
Intel 6700K // Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha // 32GB 3000MHz Corsair DDR4 // MSI GTX1080 // 512Gb Samsung 950Pro M2 // 1Tb Samsung 850Pro // Custom EK loop // Dell 2711 // ROG Claymore Core // Corsair M90 //
Jimmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2017, 12:18   #5
atc95
I have the upgrade bug!

atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.atc95 is definitely a rep cheat.
Used to have a similar situation and I would just launch each game windowed, then drag onto the higher res monitor. Once you've done that it usually locks to that monitor when you put the game fullscreen

Check us out on twitch at https://www.twitch.tv/digitalbacongaming
atc95 is online now   Reply With Quote