bit-tech.net

Go Back   bit-tech.net Forums > bit-tech.net > Article Discussion

Old 17th May 2017, 13:30   #1
Dogbert666
I benchmark, therefore I am.
bit-tech Staff

Dogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming SaiyanDogbert666 is a Super Spamming Saiyan
Gigabyte Z270N-Gaming 5 Review

Gigabyte looks to undercut Asus in the premium mini-ITX motherboard space.

https://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/20...ing-5-review/1
Dogbert666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 13:55   #2
Vault-Tec
Green Plastic Watering Can

Vault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming SaiyanVault-Tec is a Super Spamming Saiyan
It's nice apart from the fact it honks "orange" and has RGB LED. That is confusing to me. Why tie it to a certain colour combo if you can pretty much light it up any colour you desire?

It would look lovely in an orange and black build though.

MUWC Winner ROTT
Vault-Tec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 14:59   #3
Hustler
Hypermodder

Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.Hustler is the Cheesecake. Relix smiles down upon them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec View Post
I doubt you'll be able to see any of the orange trim once you've filled the board up with GPU, Ram & heatsink.
Hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 15:40   #4
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.
Was between this and the Z270 Strix for a while. Settled on the Asus for the more understated look, dual M2 slots and better rear IO connectivity.

Only complaint I have is the god-awful fan header locations. Literally impossible to get to once you install any hardware!
Old 17th May 2017, 16:56   #5
Combatus
Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews

Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.Combatus is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vault-Tec
It's nice apart from the fact it honks "orange" and has RGB LED. That is confusing to me. Why tie it to a certain colour combo if you can pretty much light it up any colour you desire?

It's a tricky call but I'm a little more in favour of going with some sort of colour. The all-black of the MSI ITX board is a little too bland tbh and a splash of colour really helps to boost the aesthetics. I agree about the addition of RGB, though, as as soon as you add colour you lose the colour neutrality so colour matching goes out the window.
Is the res loud, like, constantly making you need a piss loud?
Combatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2017, 20:40   #6
ChaosDefinesOrder
Vapourmodder

ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.ChaosDefinesOrder is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka
Was between this and the Z270 Strix for a while. Settled on the Asus for the more understated look, dual M2 slots and better rear IO connectivity.

Only complaint I have is the god-awful fan header locations. Literally impossible to get to once you install any hardware!
yeah I'll second this; the AIO "fan" header is almost impossible to get to even before installing anything else; I had to resort to using long needle-nosed pliers to plug that in!
ChaosDefinesOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2017, 09:51   #7
Wakka
Yo, eat this, ya?

Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.Wakka is definitely a rep cheat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDefinesOrder View Post
yeah I'll second this; the AIO "fan" header is almost impossible to get to even before installing anything else; I had to resort to using long needle-nosed pliers to plug that in!
Yep, which is an ironic oversight as it's the AIO that completely covers it:

No chance!

Fan headers should ALWAYS be either on the right hand or bottom edges of a motherboard - IE as far away as possible from any cooler or fans.
Old 18th May 2017, 10:41   #8
jrs77
theorycrafting

jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.jrs77 is definitely a rep cheat.
The Z270N-WiFi looks like the better choice really. Better layout and dual ethernet.

Cooltek/Jonsbo U1 | Silverstone SX500-LG | Noctua NF-R8 Redux 1200
Gigabyte H97N-WiFi | intel i7-5775C | Noctua NH-D9L | Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3L1600 | Crucial MX200 250GB | 2.5" WD AV 1TB
jrs77 is offline   Reply With Quote