- Who will Guard the Guardians?

:: Phat :: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 17:34   #102
Slick13
Multimodder

Slick13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by penski
Fitting new seals does nothing to the car's top end when you compare it to what the car did when it came out the factory
It does when you replace them with racing seals. Then they can take a lot more pressure from the engine as it increases through the rev range.

Quote:
You skimmed the head - what did you take the compression to?
The head was originally skimmed and put back in, as of last night it was replaced with a copper head, set to a low compression which stops static ratio by 1 point. Current compression is 10:5:1

everything else in the car is stock at the moment. Until summer when i get more time to work on it.

Quote:
Black mkII (1991), Tall block 16v, bored and stroked to just over 2.4l, 9,000rpm, tuned length inlets and exhaust, twin throttle bodies, Cosworth grey injectors, ECU binned for a new electronic ignition system mapped from scratch and with a few pre-selectable settings...one for track, one for road et cetera, some pretty wild, lumpy cams, larger valves, hardened valve seats, Quaife 6 speed sequential box with swappable cogs for differing ratios and Quaife LSD, standard BBS rims with Yoko's for road use, white 16" Compomotive MOs for track use, all sound deadening and underseal removed, all interior removed, full cage installed and swaged to pillars, rear bench put back in place, Momo wheel and Sparco seat, standard passenger seat, packet of mint imperials in the glovebox, front end of car removed and replaced with spaceframe, engine mounted to the spaceframe, dual wishbone suspension and LEDA adjustable coilovers, rear lower end removed and given similar treatment, boiled sweet wrappers removed from the little bin in the back seat, an engine rebuild most weekends, over 300bhp, Lancia 037 style nose extension to make it less brck like, flat floor, rear diffuser, and a pine fresh thing hanging from the rear view mirror.
Sounds like a nice little track car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiljoi
I do believe that is the best example of pwn4g3 that I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing.
not quite sure how this is pwnage seeing as all he has done is ask a few questions and stated how their track car was set up!!! Still simple minds......

[ASUS P5B-D] [INTEL 6300 DUAL CORE @ 1.86GHz] [2x2GB OC GOLD RAM][1x200gb WD SE][1x320gb WD SE SATA] [8800GTS 512mb] [Audigy 2 Platinum Ex] [20.5" DELL TFT]
Slick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 19:22   #103
penski
BodMod

penski has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick13
The head was originally skimmed and put back in, as of last night it was replaced with a copper head, set to a low compression which stops static ratio by 1 point. Current compression is 10:5:1
Surely you mean copper head gasket? To up the compression you can skim the head or use a thinner gasket.

Little sneaky tricks to use when racing 'standard' minis #87338754: use cam and head gasket from a metro turbo.

*n
Go back to bed America, your government has figured out how it all transpired. Your government is in control again. Here, here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed America, here's American Gladiators. Here's 56 channels of it. Watch these pituitary retards bang their skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go America, you are free... to do as we tell you. You are free, to do as we tell you.
penski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2004, 20:41   #104
Slick13
Multimodder

Slick13 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Surely you mean copper head gasket?*n
Indeed, seeing as using a copper head would be rather silly and emit such an enormus amount of heat and more likely warp within 5 mins.

[ASUS P5B-D] [INTEL 6300 DUAL CORE @ 1.86GHz] [2x2GB OC GOLD RAM][1x200gb WD SE][1x320gb WD SE SATA] [8800GTS 512mb] [Audigy 2 Platinum Ex] [20.5" DELL TFT]
Slick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2004, 23:09   #105
aWl
What's a Dremel?

aWl has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
My Mini

Austin Rover Mini 998cc 1988 Special Designer Edition (Mary Quantt Design) 1 of 2000 sold in the UK. I love it hehe

The insurance is mind blowing for such a small car.

--Awl
aWl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2004, 21:07   #106
Monster
Minimodder

Monster has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWl
Austin Rover Mini 998cc 1988 Special Designer Edition (Mary Quantt Design) 1 of 2000 sold in the UK. I love it hehe

--Awl
It looks so small that there wouldn't be much room for anything.
Is it much roomier then it looks inside?

Cus I know Scions look really small but inside its actually a lot of space
Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2004, 23:26   #107
Emzay
"He's doing a poo!"

Emzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run CrysisEmzay can run Crysis
Mini designer! You have my ultimate car!! Aaawh she so lovely! Got all the originaly decals and interior etc? I know a lot of people stripped the designers inside cos they were 'too girli'.
My best mate has a black designer, her names Mortisha, she's having major work done atm tho as she was sat on the driveway for 2 years rusting away

I'd love one, I'm definitely wanting a mini for me first car, do you go on runs and such? All my best mates own mini's - first car I ever drove was a mini picadilly hehe

I'm running the BUPA Great North Run 2012 for Beating Bowel Cancer!
Please read my story and if you've got a spare couple of quid sponsor me at: www.justgiving.com/emz-tomlinson
Every penny counts and is really appreciated!
Emzay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2004, 21:53   #108
aWl
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster
It looks so small that there wouldn't be much room for anything.
Is it much roomier then it looks inside?

Cus I know Scions look really small but inside its actually a lot of space
Yeah it actually surpising how much space there is inside, I guess its coz it was pretty much the deffintion on minimalism, theres about 5" of dashboard and about 2" between the seats.
Bedroom Rig (Dual boot) .:. XP2400 | 512MB DDR | Voodoo5500 | 52x24x52x Sony CD-RW | 16x Slot Loader (Only keep it for the slot loading hehe) | Western Digital Caviar 80GB | Western Digital Caviar 4GB | Asrock K7S8X Mobo | Thermaltake Volcano 11 Xaser

Operating Systems:
--SuSE Linux 8.2 Pro
--Windows XP Pro (Only through nessesity, for the moment)

http://www.againsttcpa.com
Old 22nd May 2004, 21:56   #109
aWl
What's a Dremel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzay
Mini designer! You have my ultimate car!! Aaawh she so lovely! Got all the originaly decals and interior etc? I know a lot of people stripped the designers inside cos they were 'too girli'.
My best mate has a black designer, her names Mortisha, she's having major work done atm tho as she was sat on the driveway for 2 years rusting away

I'd love one, I'm definitely wanting a mini for me first car, do you go on runs and such? All my best mates own mini's - first car I ever drove was a mini picadilly hehe

It does have the original interior, including the Mary Quant signature daisy on the steering wheel, unfortunatly one of the previous owners re-sprayed it and was too lazy to order the original decals, however, I am trying to find somewhere where I can buy them and replace it, coz those ones look tacky IMO...but thanks for the comment...I dunno what they're saying about girly, i think the black and white stripes are kinda neo-gothy and I love the daisy coz its so quirky heheh. A guy in my 6th form has a black one *shoots evils in a random direction* hehe

-awl
Bedroom Rig (Dual boot) .:. XP2400 | 512MB DDR | Voodoo5500 | 52x24x52x Sony CD-RW | 16x Slot Loader (Only keep it for the slot loading hehe) | Western Digital Caviar 80GB | Western Digital Caviar 4GB | Asrock K7S8X Mobo | Thermaltake Volcano 11 Xaser

Operating Systems:
--SuSE Linux 8.2 Pro
--Windows XP Pro (Only through nessesity, for the moment)

http://www.againsttcpa.com
Old 24th May 2004, 13:59   #110
Piratetaco
is always right

Piratetaco has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
i wish i had a **** load of money to buy a nice car

and i wish i could drive as well.it would help a lot.
EDIT: i hate you iceman.
only kidding.but you still are a luck bugger.

anyway i may be getting a Nissan Micra.oh yeah pwn my 1.1Lr in-line 4

Last edited by Piratetaco; 24th May 2004 at 14:34.
Piratetaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2004, 14:04   #111
Piratetaco
is always right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin4x4
In the case of soccer moms driving Hummer H2s, then My family has a car that matches what they do. Mine is used for the daily commute to school, however, if I need to get some lumber or tow a small boat or whatever, I can. My dad has a 1997 Chevy K1500 P/U for the same reasons, however, his can carry more people (because its fullsize and because its an extended cab) and haul more stuff. He is an avid fisherman, and the four wheel drive can get you to fishing spots accessible only to four wheel drive vehicles and by watercraft(In our area its the only way to find good red drum). My sister drives a 1997 Taurus GL because she just needs a good, reliable car. My mother drives a 1999 GMC Suburban, (and has thus far driven it 107,000 miles+). Simply put it has to be possibly the most indispensable SUV out there in terms of flexibility, reliability, and capability,

Oh yeah, GM's rollin out "Honda Insight like" hybrid drivtrains with Displacement on Demand on their 2006 Suburbans/Yukon XL's, with mileage estimates at 35+ MPG in mixed conditions,
yeah you totally need one car per member of family.how many does each car carry on average 1.hence the reason for huge ass cars.i totally see your point.
Old 24th May 2004, 16:40   #112
mit_eclipse_01
Banned

mit_eclipse_01 has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Here is my 2001 Eclipse

mit_eclipse_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2004, 23:21   #113
Shadowed_fury
I Mod, Therefore I Own

Shadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the DremelShadowed_fury has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Sorry, i hate you, i love that car.
Shadowed_fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2004, 14:56   #114
diskreet
Hypermodder

diskreet has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
EDIT: ALL IMAGES DOWN SCROLL DOWN MORE!
All white cables ||| CoolerMaster white LED fans ||| 3DMark 2005 - 5545 ||| 6" LCD in case ||| Pictures Here

Last edited by diskreet; 9th Jun 2004 at 15:05.
diskreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2004, 15:05   #115
Piratetaco
is always right

erm sorry dude but we can't see it.
host it on this.
Old 5th Jun 2004, 15:14   #116
diskreet
Hypermodder

fixed
All white cables ||| CoolerMaster white LED fans ||| 3DMark 2005 - 5545 ||| 6" LCD in case ||| Pictures Here
Old 5th Jun 2004, 15:30   #117
Piratetaco
is always right

cool

what does it look like from the outside?
Old 5th Jun 2004, 21:07   #118
diskreet
Hypermodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337modderman
cool

what does it look like from the outside?

the gauges? they look just like in the pic, but they are really bright. enough that if i turn them down and back up i squint. from outside they look awesome though, I have even had a passing cop give me the thumbs up pointing to my dash one night.
Old 5th Jun 2004, 21:36   #119
woodshop
UnSeenly

woodshop has yet to learn the way of the Dremel
Ha ha ha i'v owned my car for a year now and i'm only now getting around to taking the pics.

the car in the background is my bro's. I'm more of the long trip crusing type. He's the fast little zippie (not that my car couldn't more if i wanted it to.
[edit] I guess i should put info right?
'97 Chevy Malibu LS the 3.1Liter V6 version.
nonstock rear deck speakers.
AC outlets in dash.
Left/Right audio inputs indash.
Cruse control on the wheel
New Tires (Busted struts) <-- working on that one.
Power seats/windows.
bla bla bla bla.
[/edit]

Last edited by woodshop; 5th Jun 2004 at 21:43.
woodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th Jun 2004, 22:01   #120
Piratetaco
is always right

Quote:
Originally Posted by diskreet
the gauges? they look just like in the pic, but they are really bright. enough that if i turn them down and back up i squint. from outside they look awesome though, I have even had a passing cop give me the thumbs up pointing to my dash one night.
no i mean your car.
still sweet dials

Tags
aardvarks and aasvogels, motors, say no to skimlinks, say yes to aardvarks, say yes to skimmed milk

View Mode