1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Asus Maximux VI Formula and Impact announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Meanmotion, 4 Jun 2013.

1. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

That Formula is the Bomb Diggity! If I was going Haswell, that would definitely, without doubt, be my board of choice. Great work from Asus!

3. Snips

Snips I can do dat, giz a job

That formula is a thing of beauty!

4. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Oh My that Formula!

I've been meaning to finally get into WC and have told myself I'll do it on my SB i3 RIG but boy, what a way to start on that.....tempting yet daunting!

Oh, price, if its anywhere around £250, thats sounds like an awesome deal!

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

That thermal armour stuff looks nice :) Also good to see that they've stuck with the red and black colour scheme and not that horrid black and yellow :D

PS: Typo in article title - it's Maximus, not Maximux

6. GuilleAcoustic

GuilleAcoustic Ook ? Ook !

While I'm completly happy with a ROG mITX board ... I'm pretty sceptical with the placement of the "Supreme FxAudio board". Many reviews of high-end audio card proved that the proximity of an high end GPU degrades the audio signal. I'm sticking with USB DAC :D

Last edited: 4 Jun 2013
  7. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Oh dude, if you are going to WC then definitely don't start with an i3, gotta go at least i5 K series!

Also, £250 might seem like a lot of money, but most Mobo Waterblocks cost around £100 on their own!

8. Cygnitr0n

Cygnitr0n What's a Dremel?

I love the mITX! That's just awesome!

9. Noob?

Noob? What's a Dremel?

Thats why I think its a bargain! Plus the armour looks great!

LOL on the i3, only doing so as its my first venture into the world of WC, so trying it out on my cheaper gear, otherwise I've an i7 here too. :D

10. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

£200 for an ITX board? Even with the audio on board (which I never like on a mobo, just get a sound card or a DAC), thats crazy!

11. Guest-56605

Guest-56605 Guest

Shame about Haswell but Asus have so got those boards right!!! :rock:

12. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

Getting closer, i was deciding on the MSI, after the gigabyte ones not being to my liking.

I think i like this one now, as i like the WC solution, but wanted XLATX format.

So whilst none available suit what i wanted 100%, its hotting up now on who gets my money.

Oh, and i use a Pioneer sclx86 GuilleAcoustic, so im with you on USB-DAC, its a great feature of new amps (if only in stereo)

13. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

The only thing you're missing are a few PCI-E slots. It will likely overclock just as far and have just as many features otherwise. You need the discrete sound card as the only other way to get half-decent audio on a min-ITX board if you're using a discrete graphics card is to use a USB sound card.

14. shrop

shrop El Jefe of Sleeving

So it comes at a premium for the missing PCI-E.... thats how I see it anyway. I would never spend 200 on a full size board, let alone an ITX, thats just me, I'm sure many will and have.

Tags: Add Tags