1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress IN WIN FLOWER (FINISHED)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rampageblack, 2 May 2016.

1. rampageblack

rampageblack What's a Dremel?

Hey guys!

After my CaseLAbs S3 Matx mod I started a new build into a IN WIN H-Frame Mini. I made this mod to my girlfriend for Valentine's day. There is a little story behind this build. In the late 2015 my girlfriends notebook died, and she used mine till then. I decided to build her a pc, but i didnt tell her anything. I did the planning and the drawings after she felt asleep. The main concept was to build a solid, small and silent pc. Her favourite colors are white, purple and pink, so it was obvious for the color choice.

After decided what to do I had to buy a case. I bought an IN WIN H-Frame Mini in green and black color. It came in a little box.

[​IMG]

The case came in a little bag and there was a seperate bag which contained the screws and accessories. There was an extra tempered glass side panel. The case made out of aluminium and you can fell the quality when you touch it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The whole case is made from flat aluminium panels. There is a threaded rod between the panels and to secure the side panels there are 4 nuts in the corners. In the inside you can find place for an ITX mobo a low profile pcie holder and az integrated 150W IN WIN Flex ATX psu.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Behind the mobo tray you can find 2 2,5"bays and one slim dvd bay. Assembling and disassembling the case is very easy you only need to remove the nuts in the corners, and then it cames apart.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next step was to modify the case. My plan was to made custom side panels and lesercut a nonfigurative flower into it. I made the side panels from 1,5mm aluminium like the original. I laser cutted the same flower motivum into both side panels. After I finished the panels I powder coated the whole case. The color is shiny white powdercoat.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The next step was to assemble the case. I installed a purple/pink led strip also.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After this i did a test startup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After I finished the case i started the final assembly.
    The hardware is the following:

-Intel G1840 + Noctua i9 cooler
    -MSI Z87I AC
    -Kingston 8 GB 1600 MHz
    -OCZ Agility 3 120 GB

Installing the hardware was fast and easy.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

She was very happy when she got the pc on Valentine's day. I was happy too. I showed the pc on the hungarian PlayIT show on 30.04.2016 I will upload a short video from the event soon!
    Hope you liked it!

Last edited: 2 May 2016