1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Space Engineers

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Psycownage, 24 Oct 2014.

1. Psycownage

Psycownage What's a Dremel?

So I was looking round these forums expecting to find a thread with many things Space Engineers related and didn't find anything, so I propose this thread to be the place for many screenshots / links to awesome mods, bit-tech battlestars, etc.

For those unfamiliar http://www.spaceengineersgame.com/ is in early access, think minecraft in space and you are most of the way there, I really enjoy this game and it's not even out of early access yet ;)

2. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Only two of us playing this game?
    I know it's still under development but I figured there would be more...

3. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Most people here are only interested in mainstream games. Calladooty Battlefield GTA. There are some racers though.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

*Alert alert*

Total BS being spouted on the forum

*alert alert*

Aside from that, have you even looked at the diversity of the threads below this? Mother of God that is a dumb comment.

To the OP. No, I've thought about buying it a lot but not actually bit the bullet. Playing a lot of 7 days to die at the moment though.

David likes this.
  5. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

I'm sure there's a fair few of us on here that play it, there's just not a great deal to talk about when it comes to Space Engineers... it would end up mostly being a topic of "what have you built today".

I've gotten a bit bored of the game lately as there's not much challenge and my creativity has quite a short limitation, so I'm giving it a bit of a break until a couple of months into next year.

Really hoping for more work to be done on the random AI ships that fly through your sector of space, I always feel that there needs to be a bit more life in the game. Multi-player is nice and all, but the physics tend to get screwed when you play with too many people so you end up having 4-5 people with not much going on.

6. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Myself and many of my friends play SE, infact I think I had played roughly 225 hours since I picked it up, next to Kerbal Space Program it my favourite early access title. Recently I have throttled right back, as they atre doing intensive bug and performance patching in the last 6 weeks.

On the exploration front:
    http://blog.marekrosa.org/2014/12/space-engineers-exploration-call-for_3.html

I think once they add this, it will help make the world feel more alive, especially if that was done in the survival mode. I like the idea of being a band of salvager roaming the sectors to survive. A bit like 7 days to Die but without the zombie hoard and with the infinite space :)

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Saved me a job, thanks Tom! :thumb:

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

The mechanics that are currently available in Space Engineers are very compelling, I'm dying to buy it and build my little fleet but I'll wait until the game actually gives you a reason to do anything. Right now the survival mode just doesn't seem to be there, and from what I've heard the devs see it as a very low priority task.

9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

I watched one of my friends stream it, and it didn't seem all that interesting, although I'm more than happy to be proved wrong.

To busy playing my more mainstream games at the moment, like prison architect and banished. :p

10. suenstar

Psh... you should be playing a truly mainstream AAA title like I Am Bread.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Apparently there is a GOTY edition of Banished coming out, since they passed the £400m sales mark last month. :thumb:

12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

ooo interesting. I do like Banished, I keep having issues keeping my town supplied as it gets bigger but not sure if that's me not understanding the game yet, or the the game just not being clever with role assignment. Probably the former tbh :D Feels like there needs to be more to do though, not that I know what I'd add if I could choose anything. I felt the same about Towns, although in a way it felt like there was more to do in Towns.

Now I'm rambling about all the AA games I play......

13. suenstar

Banished is really picking up pace again now that the modding tools are out and custom content is being flooded into the game.

14. suenstar

Just had a read through that blog post.
    That'll make a huge difference to the feel of the game as in its present form you can often feel very closed into a small area, currently the only excitement at the moment is either during a meteor shower or when an armed ship comes too close to your base and sets off the turrets.

15. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

In combination with the implemented faction controls, I suspect you will have certain sectors that are safe, some neutral and others hostile. If my understanding is correct, the yet to be implemented sectors system allows "jump" travel to those sectors.

16. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

Yes there is very little and threads like this are always dead. Look at all the threads with 0 replies that fall off the first page and get forgotten forever. Seems you are the one full of BS as usual.

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I looked at it, bought it and downloaded it, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet.
    Mostly due to being too busy playing mainstream titles such as Castle Story, Kerbal Space Program and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter...

18. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Games like this tend to have much more active discussion on the official forums for the game, go take a look at the Keensoft forums for an example.

You should not assume just because some of the key threads here are discussed more than games like space engineers, that it's because the members here don't play those other games.

A cursory check of peoples steam profiles will give you a better idea of how much time people spend playing games like this...

19. dolphie

dolphie What's a Dremel?

I disagree. Most people here are only interested in mainstream games. Calladooty Battlefield GTA. There are some racers though.

20. loftie

loftie Multimodder

You forgot Minecraft, and CoD is now relegated to indie - it's not broken past one page on the forums.

You'll find that a lot of threads drop off the front page and don't get many replies, that doesn't mean people only play the few games that get lots of responses.

Of my 200 or so games (according to steam) I think I've commented in LoL, BF3, BF4 and MC threads and are games I've played. So I've either chosen not to comment in the other threads, or no thread exists and I've not created one.

But it's ok, because you know better and we only play mainstream games.
    [​IMG]