Asus Rampage IV Black edition SATA issues

Discussion in 'Asus UK' started by dipzy, 22 Jul 2014.

1. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

Hi guys,

i've been having a issue with the SATA ports on my Rampage IV Black Edition.

At times it will not detect an SSD, even in the bios so I had to reinstall the OS

Before i had to reinstall the OS as after changing a faulty PSU, windows would hang on the windows logo boot screen.

And now today, i disconnected the pc to replace a faulty fan on my H100i. After powering on the rig again, i had the same hanging issue as before.

I do not really want to reinstall the OS everytime i change a component.

At first i thought it was an SSD issue so i bought another one but this time im thinking it maybe the controller on the MB.

Btw, i had both my SSD's plugged into the Intel SATA 3 ports. One of the Samsungs has already died and the same issue happened on the other SATA ports.

Anybody know what could be the issue or will i have to to see if a RMA will solve it?

2. Azh_fx

Azh_fx sup dawg?

try another sata cable(s) update the bios of your board

3. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

I tried a few sata cables and updating the bios but nothing worked.
    Scan have created a RMA for it, will send it to them

4. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I currently have issues with my RIVE none BE and let's put it this way after this, I will no longer be buying or recommending Asus boards.

My RIVE has issues with the sata ports, usb ports and network port, temps are not a issue as it is watercooled.

My previous 3 previous Asus boards have all had issues like this as well, and honestly I don't know why I bought another.

If you can get rid of the Asus when you get your replacement and grab a MSI board or EVGA then you should have no issues.

5. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

I've bought a Gigabyte X79-UP4. It has been great so far but yeah as you said, i will be selling the Asus when the replacement arrives. That board has given me a massive headache

6. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

What's the UP4 like as I am considering that or the MSI X79-GD45 to put me on till Haswell-E is released.

I have heard the heatsink can cause issues in cases when using the H100i with either a single set of fans or push pull.

I will be getting the Corsair Air 540 case and board etc on Saturday from Scan.

7. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

Running latest bios?

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

8. dipzy

dipzy Minimodder

Its pretty good at the moment. I haven't overclocked yet though.
    I'm running a h100i with single set of fans in a case labs SM8 and have zero issues

Yup these bios was the latest one

9. cdb

cdb No comment

I have periodic sata issues with my Asus P7P55 WS Supercomputer not detecting my Hdds even in Bios. I just unplug the power then unplug the sata cables from the baord and when I power back on it always works. I don't know why and it's a pain, but I just live with it.

10. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That's how it would start with me and then within about 2 months the ethernet would start playing up and then finally the USB ports would stop picking stuff up, and then I would have to start moving things around in different ports to find one that would work and that would need to be done each day.

11. CarLover

CarLover What's a Dremel?

I would update the bios first.
    I own a Asus P6T6 WS Revolution Mobo. Recently started rebooting after shut downs. I reset bios reinstall windows and nothing helped. I just tried every single page pertaining to asus and windows 8 reboots after shut downs. finally update the bios helped it. I dont know why but it helped.

You may try too.